“Good price for it's quality”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Good price for it's quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Even though it's quite hard to reach by public transport from the main attractions in KL, taxis are quite cheap in KL.

Besides it is a very nice and modern hotel. It might have the best breakfast I had in Malaysia, the rooms are clean, spacious and have nice beds. The staff is friendly, but the reception is usually understaffed so you have to wait a little.

Remember that most rooms do not have a view as the hotel is close to other large buildings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim A
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Janteloven,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our breakfast served in Makan Kitchen to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melaka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My only real gripe about this hotel is the parking. Signs to the parking lot from the main road should be larger. Also, the entrance to the hotel car park has a huge sign saying "Intermark" and none saying Doubletree, so confusion could result.
Checkin was quick and courteous, and the signature cookies were promptly handed out. The rooms are fairly spacious, and the bed comfortable. Unfortunately in my room the shower wasn't too well constructed - the bathroom floor and the shower cubicle floor were at almost the same level, and the drain was slightly higher than the part of the cubicle close to the door. This resulted in water flowing out under the door during showers.
If you don't want to eat in the hotel, there are places to eat in the same building, as well as a small supermarket, and there are several malls within walking distance, including the Petronas Twin Towers / KLCC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Inftraveller
Dear Inftraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am happy that you had a taste of our warm & caring service – along with our delicious cookie at check-in. I have noted your comments regarding the directional signage and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are currently working with the authority concerns for the road signage for improvement although it may be not able to rectified quickly, however obviously these can always be improved. In particular I also noted on the overflow in your bathroom, and please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Breakfast at this hotel was very bad, no taste at all. coffee was terrible. you should ask for a fresh orange juice and you will be offered something not very exciting Staff just following the book without thinking and try to justify everything. The room I had was an OK room, but the bed sheets had a strange smell.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Pouya G,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am disappointed to hear you did not taste our warm & caring service. Please accept my apologies for the poor service throughout your stay and I would appreciate if you can send me the details of your reservation so we can follow up with team. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com, and I can then provide you a better response.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Joondalup, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Can't thank Double Tree enough for making my mothers 60th birthday so special. A special thank you to Adam Watson and his helpers for going above and beyond to make her special day unforgettable. We will be back and be sure to spread the word about a special hotel and it's wonderful staff...

Room Tip: There are adjoining rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Huzy32,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had a taste of our warm & caring service and how Chef Adam looked after your parent birthday celebration. Certainly I will pass on your message to Chef Adam, and he is great in guest service and an asset to the team. We are very proud of the team in Doubletree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

kuala lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

the service is not good as they promised to deliver cookies but didnt get any. ordered in room dining and got my food more than an hour later. the food was cold and not appealing at all. maybe in room dining was never the specialty of this hotel. other than that, the room was good although it's small. if you really desperate for a hotel room, then this might not be so bad, otherwise, better go for other nearby hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear FaizA,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am disappointed to hear you did not taste our warm & caring service on you recent trip with us. Please accept my apologies for the disappointing service. I would appreciate if you can send me the details of your reservation so we can follow up with team on the room service. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com, and I can then provide you a better response.

I look forward to hearing from you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here in May 2013. It's a great place. We visited two of the restaurants on the ground floor for a couple of drinks. The rooms are great and the beds are very comfortable. The buffet breakfast in the morning was exceptionally good and delicious. And, to top it all off, the location is great. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Arvind0288,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location and breakfast buffet to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was great value for money. Rooms were very clean. I love the free cookie on check in. Only issue was there was multiple functions in the hotel when i stayed, so the lifts always took ages. Would stay here again if in the city as it is walking distance to a lot of things as well as very close to a train station.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear racy_rachel,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location and our warm DoubleTree cookie to your liking. I have noted your comment on the elevator challenge and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Certainly we will work with the management team for better service in future, as it is important for all hotel guests.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!