“OK, but..”

Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
kuala lumpur, Malaysia
“OK, but..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

In general rooms were ok, attitude of the personnel also good. But when having breakfast, always tables were not clean, when asking to clean them, there was not good attitude, no offering of coffee/tea, etc. And when it was brought upon request, it was cold. Excellent attitude of the indian chef. When ordering room service, there were never enough plates for the dishes requested (pizza), even when it was clear that we were 4 people. After several requests we got the right support. In Tosca restaurant, order takes forever, requested a sandwich that was in the afternoon menue (not lunch time) which starts at 2:30pm, it was 2:20 and i had to challenge the waitress to get the sandwich.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Federico G
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Federico G,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

First please let me offer my apologies that your stay experience was not a pleasant one. We do appreciate all feedback as we are very focused on improving our service, and we wish to improve the experience for all guests. Please be assured that your concerns regarding the poor service in restaurants have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally. I apologize for the shortfall in our service and any inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and look forward to your continuous support.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the doubletree by Hilton for 3 nights on our way home from KL. I give it 4 stars because: +:The room was very nice & clean and the breakfast was good, and there was a food court, restaurants, bars, a mini-mall, swimming pool etc all in one building, AND it was close to public communication.
-: I found the service personnel to be quite...impersonal. I'm not sure how to say this, it's like a feeling you get when you walk in to a room. I am perhaps not used to this, but the hotel employees avoided eye contact in elevators, hallways etc, which I found to be strange, having stayed in different hotels in Malaysia & consistently met with genuine warmth & hospitality. I am guessing this hotel caters more to businessmen than couples. Nonetheless, it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Firouzeh1
Dear Firouzeh1,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you found our location and property facilities to your liking and I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall in our hospitality service and please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally. We are very committed to guest satisfaction, and the direct guest feedback is an important tool for our evaluation of our success.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel was very modern and new, bed was very comfortable with option of a selection of pillows. Staff were very caring and security was excellent. Shuttle bus service to shopping was a bonus. Great variety of food for breakfast at Makan Restaurant. Will definitely stay at hotel again for next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Kim Lian Y
Dear Kim Lian Y,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our breakfast in Makan Kitchen to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie at check-in, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Penang, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

One of the best hotels i've stayed in KL. Safe environment with great facilities and excellent customer service. My colleagues recommended me to stay here in 2013 now i'm recommending my other colleagues and friends as well! A Great place to stay and relax!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Siew Lay K
Dear Siew Lay K,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our property to your liking. I appreciated your recommendations and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Definately kept up with its name. Tasty cookie upon checking in. Nice clean and fresh smeeling room, excellent breakfast at the coffee house and a perfect saline pool. Yes. Saline pool and it is just so wonderful with prompt and 'Hilton' service. For dinner, we definately recommend the Makan Kitchen. Huge variety of Malaysian food. A must place to bring over visitors to Malaysia. At the Ground Floor of the same building, there are other eateries, ATM machines and pharmacy. They have connecting bridge to towards KLCC and other malls in between. A great place to take pic of the traffic madness in the city. If taking photo of the traffic jam is not interesting, then you can opt to get on the shuttle service to KLCC, Great job Double Tree! Definately a place to stay.

Room Tip: Room facing the lake would be nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annie T
Dear Annie T,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our buffet served in Makan Kitchen to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie at check-in, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We are HHonor Gold Members, so we chose this hotel to reap the benefits of a Hilton Group hotel at a good location, one stop away from KLCC. It is a 3 min walk to the subway/underground. They have a shuttle to KLCC of which we managed to take advantage. Food quality is good. I can recommend the beef rendang at the MAKAN restaurant for breakfast, and I really enjoyed the Indian corner when the food was fresh off the grill. But I would come back to this hotel for the location, more than the food. Their executive floor is very good. The evening cocktail benefits are definitely worth the upgrade. But it was also extremely busy during cocktail hour time -- sometimes standing room only.

Room Tip: Some rooms have an excellent view of Petronas Twin towers. Unfortunately, ours did not. I think we...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Resort_addict1638
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Resort_addict1638,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location, Makan Kitchen and Executive Lounge facilities to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Overall this is a great place to stay with everything at your finger tips including alot of great restaurants, bakery, supermarket, pharmacy, ATMs etc all in the same complex. The quality of the food was fantastic and the service was great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Tasha M
Dear Tasha M,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our property facilities to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!