All reviews washing machine rooftop pool serviced apartment living room one bedroom apartment walk in wardrobe bedroom premier petronas towers kids pool shuttle service home away from home dvd player breakfast is served dining table metro station free shuttle top floor
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Room was very clean and staff were friendly. Breakfast was not bad, enjoyed the outdoor breakfast in the mornings. Had a huge dining table in the room and living room was cosy, feels like a home. Enjoyed my 2 night stay there with my group of friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Upon first entering the room, one is blown away by how spacious the rooms are and how every convenience is provided for to include appliances and cookware. The rooftop clubhouse and pool are also exceptional.

After staying a few nights, one can start to see deficiencies to include a complete lack of soundproofing between rooms, doors that slam shut, dingy walls, worn carpet, and a bathroom that always seems to smell like a Middle Eastern latrine.

The room was good for our purposes, but I cannot say I would consciously seek to return for another stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Avaricius
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Somerset Ampang is ideally located in the city centre of KL. The Petronas Towers and the KLCC complex is just a 15mns walk away. There is also a MRT station 5mns away (Ampang Park station). The apartment we booked was nice and convenient: washing / drying machine, fridge & kitchen, bathtub and shower, living room, separate room that comes along with a dressing, iron table, bath robes, flat screens and DVD players, etc... Great swimming pool on the roof top, where you find also a small lounge and a fitness. Breakfast is to be taken next door on ground floor. This was the only disappointment of the stay: the breakfast was quite poor in terms of choice and quality. All in all we still found the Somerset to be a good option for the city, with the services you can expect from a good range hotel, but at a much lower price (we only paid around 90€ per night).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I'll just start off by saying that I've stayed at A LOT of hotels and serviced apartments but this is by far my favourite hotel. I stayed in the 1 Bedroom Premier and it was much larger than I expected. It was very clean, modern and the bathtub had a great view. It had a separate study room which we didn't use and a fairly large walk-in-wardrobe. It's only about a 5 minute walk to an MRT station which was really convenient. Check in and check out were quick and efficient. Staff were friendly and helpful. Highly recommend :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Booked a 3 bedroom premier.

This is my first visit to an Ascott Group Serviced Apartment. Having stayed in several 5 star hotels before, this service apartment is top notched for its service. We were warmly welcomed. There were also checks within 15 mins from moving into the unit to check if all is well. The rooms are well kept and modern. Being a service apartment, having a washing machine and dryer is highly beneficial. The unit was rather large and had nice views of the city. The frequent shuttle services to key places in downtime was helpful. The only qualm is the slight distance away from the mrt lines, but getting a taxi is easy. The experience would make me select an Ascott Group stay if it has a presence in the city I would be staying.

I love the swimming pool. Its at the roof top with a nice view of KL's skyline.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family