“Value Hotel, but still have to be careful”
Review of Hotel Summer View

Hotel Summer View
Ranked #64 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I agree with the most of reviewers that this hotel is valuable.

But you have to note, when you check-in this hotel, you will be asked for MYR 30 or USD 50 for room guarantee, although you bring the payment received by Agoda.

I have a bad experience when I stay in this hotel, which the TV remote is gone on the second day after we came back from exploring Genting and KL. We used the TV remote in the first day. So I don't understand why the TV remote is gone. As I understood is: only cleaning service staff can enter my room with the hotel rule, that is to make up my room. I reported it to front office immediately and house keeping staff check to my room, but the TV remote is still gone. The hotel does not have back up unit. So, I asked to the house keeping in order to note that the loossing of TV remote is not my responsibility, because I' not in the room since morning, and don't take my MYR 30.

From this, I learn that we have to be careful although so many good comment for this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andreas T
There are newer reviews for Hotel Summer View

Reviewed 7 March 2012

we stayed one night in this hotel which appears to be recent. It's a very good value for money especially in Kuala Lumpur (140 rm per night). The room was clean, quite spacious with a safety box, kettle & coffee & tea. The bathroom is ok, with a shower separated by a shower curtain, a set of shampoo & soap available. The staff is extremely efficient & friendly which is quite rare in Kuala Lumpur (even in so called 5 star hotels). The buffet breakfast is ok with a choice of 10 dishes mostly salty ( sausages, baked beans etc). Also good location close to the railway station. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oksana50
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. It was not gorgeous but cozy and comfortable. Nice Receptionist provided me a top floor room in which I enjoyed night view. All equipment and free WiFi were working exactly. Staff was cleaning up my room precisely everyday. I felt comfortable to sleep on the bed with nice linen. Situation was also comfortable. It was easy for me to reach to any town from Central station by train and bus. I recommend this hotel to single traveler or one with friends.

・If you need a Plug, you can buy it at Indie shop across from Seven Eleven.
・No smoking area anywhere inside hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2011

This budget hotel is located only 5 - 10 minutes walk to KL Sentral station and only less than 5 minutes walk to Monorail station. Reception staffs and security guards are helpful and friendly. The room is in good size and condition with the plus benefit of free WiFi and in-room deposit box.

Not so huge selection of ABF but it was good enough to keep us going in the morning. Only one down point that the restaurant staff didn't pay much attention to the guests.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
11  Thank Fatangel_am
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I stayed one night and found all the staff to be friendly. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and I found the A/C not noisy. Wi Fi worked well.
I enjoyed the breakfast and thought there was a good selection available of cooked food as well as toast and a variety of fruits.

The location though isn't the best, in Brickfields there wasn't that much exactly out your door but you can travel a short distance to where all the madness is.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank LuluNomad
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of a trip to KL. Hotel does nothing particularly well and is in an ok location as far as it is a short walk to the monorail and also the central station so is easy to get buses to and from the airport, but the area surrounding the hotel is not the greatest, a bit run down, with hostels, and some strange coming and goings in the next door building round the corner. The room is functional, the bed was comfortable and clean, the rest of the room was ok it had a tv but that didnt have a good picture on lots of the channels or channel choice, a safe in the room, noisy air con, tea & coffee making facilities and a nice hot shower. The skirting board by the bedside table was very dusty and didnt look like it had been cleaned for a long time. The breakfast was OK as in there was bread for toast and fruit but it was a bit hit or miss if the food was hot or not. The staff in the restaurant spoke little english and were not very friendly. The reception staff and the security staff were however very friendly and efficient.
Overall the hotel was OK as a base to sleep but there are much better areas and I wouldn't stay here again or recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank steveissy
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I came to this hotel at midnight because we take a night flight. We can still check-in and the staff is helpfull. The room is clean and we got a king size bed. The breakfast enough tasty, my little girl like the french toast, but the cafe for dining was very small,it just can accomodate about ten peoples. The location is very strategic, just 5 minutes walk to KL Sentral, and Tun Sambanthan Monorail Station is near in the backside of the hotel, just a few step walk.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family