“quiet oasis in a busy city”
Review of Villa Samadhi

Villa Samadhi
Ranked #2 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I checked out Villa Samadhi before our stay. The reveiws were great but did not reach the level of our experience. Our room was amazing ; quiet,spacious and wonderfully decorated with smooth black concret walls and gold accents.The large jacuzzi was also a wonderful addition. We love to swim so the pool with a ladder from our patio was used often. The staff took care of our every need from picking us up upon arrival to schedualing dinners, spa treatments and touring. Cherie, the manager was so personable. Sharing the rooftop cocktail time with her and the other quest was a treat. The breeze, view of the city and conversations were delightful. We would love to return someday and would recommend it to people looking for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: first floor
1  Thank 1vita

Reviewed 10 January 2012

From the moment we stepped into our Luxe Crib and Villa Samadhi I felt like we were away from the world. And this was the best feeling as a couple celebrating their 1 year wedding anniversary. Cherie the manager was fantastic and just made us feel so welcome. Our room was huge and the jacuzzi was gorgeous. We got the most lovely surprise when each night we came back to the room with gorgeous lighting and candles and music in our room. We felt like we had the whole villa to ourselves and the staff were delightful. No request was too hard and they always acknowledged us with smiles and hellos. The breakfast was enormous and honestly had me full for the rest of the day. I recommend the smoked salmon bagel, or the potato rosti - but beware not to fill up too much on what you are presented before breakfast. Yummy muffins, cheese platter and fruit! I wanted to get out to see KL, but in the end my husband and I loved lazing around in the luxurious surroundings that we hardly left! It was so peaceful and quiet that I felt well and truly rested before heading back home. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in! I would highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Luxe Cribs are fabulous!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoB73
Reviewed 10 January 2012

From arriving at 1am to leaving v.early 3 days later the experience was a delight - every need anticipated. Rooms are large and immaculate, food is excellent and the hotel itself an amazing calm escape in the middle of bustling KL
Highly recommended

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Nickcaine
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Our stay in this villa is such a heaven.

Firstly, we just love the smell of the room. The fragrance smell just like a spa. Wonderful and really make u more relax.

Secondly, the condition of the lux crib room is fantastic. The room is big and the bed is so comfy. So thus the bathroom, is so huge. In addition, there is also an automatic jacuzzi that add to the best ever room that I've ever stayed.

Thirdly, the make up room at night was indeed a surprise as there are chocolates waiting for you on the bed. All this been done when u are not in the room.

Lastly, the breakfast that comes together with the room package is really super. The quality of the food and set up is world class but unfortunately, not enough for us.

Overall, we really enjoy our stay there. Very romantic and we definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony or private pool.
1  Thank irsnin
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My stay was a surprise from hubby and kids on a special birthday and what a beautiful surprise it was. I was so happy to hear that Federico was the owner as I had been admiring the beautiful reused wooden floors and wall treatments. He has a history of sensitive use of timber and this is another great example. Our room overlooked the pool and the jacuzzi was huge, though a little noisy which didn't matter because the doors closed it off. The bathroom was nice and warm but not overly so, it didn't get stuffy or humid and the water in the jacuzzi was not hot. Perfect.
I would like to have had a makeup mirror - the little one that can be folded away would be fine, as the lighting is wonderful for everything but applying makeup.
We found the bed comfortable and slept very well, and the view from our room over the pool was delightful. Breakfast was just the right size, a la carte - we can recommend the nasi lemak and scrambled eggs.
I wish I'd had my tablet with me as could have tested the wifi, I would have been sending photos to all my friends and rellies. Thanks to Cherie and Stephen for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the big jacuzzi, not sure what it's called.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LesleyKlang
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Villa Samadhi is an unusual haven for a city centre hotel/resort.
The villa is tucked in behind a discreet bamboo gate, in the embassy district of KL.
We booked into room 16 and had a great stay. We enjoyed:
1. Huge, beautifully furnished room with balcony overlooking the pool. Really atmospheric.
2. Good wifi signal in the room and throughout the compound
3. Well stocked facility in the room including iPod dock, minibar with reasonably priced wine, large bathroom with rain-shower and jacuzzi.
4. Nice touches included complimentary basic laundry, jasmine scented oil burner, and complimentary 1st drink during happy hour.
5. The resort is very peaceful, with charming rooftop bar with a view of the city skyline, including KLCC.
6. Friendly staff, and the resident manager were always very helpful during our stay.

The resort has a feel of a small family run hotel, instead of an anonymous international chain. Villa Samadhi provided us with individualised luxury, very different to the mass produced model of other 5-star city hotels. It may not be to everyone's taste, but if you are looking for something a bit different, this is the place to check into. We are considering staying here again on a future trip to KL.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank styloqueen
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Stayed there on the 18th-19th with my boyfriend as a quick getaway since he is unable to escape his busy workload at the end of the year.

Expected a lot after reading all the online reviews of the place.

Arrived and it was lovely with a great location. House manager was all nice and smiley the room was as expected and my trip started of great.

Later on things just weren't up to standards for the price especially considering how this is considered a discounted price and next year it will go back to a very high price.

There was a large hole in my bed linen which doesn't bother me much but it may for those who are used to staying in a 5 star resort.

The staff around the resort were almost impossible to understand and walked past us constantly without even acknowledging us or giving us a smile. I loved the complimentary cookies we were given in the room and i went down to request if i could purchase more since i liked them so much. The girl that I asked just kept mumbling answers that were completely irrelevant and I eventually gave up.

Asked if we could be shuttled out of the place and picked up even though we drove because it's a quick holiday and we read in one of the reviews that they provide such services. Head manager that was initially very nice gave me a rather sarcastic smile as if saying "you have a car" and did not seem to really want to entertain my request. We drove ourselves in the end because we would apparently have to take a cab back ourselves unlike the previous guest who was picked up from location as well. No car washes for us either.

The jacuzzi was a neat addition but we hated the fact that it was automatic and we could not shut it on and off as we like. It was incredibly noisy during the times it was turned on.

But what took the cake was my horrid breakfast the next morning. All the reviews have been raving about the food there but my boyfriends soft boiled eggs came half SOLID with solid pieces just sitting in the bowl. And my eggs benedict was so bad i couldn't even finish half of it. The bread below the eggs were completely soaked in some liquid and my eggs tasted completely of vinegar. I actually ordered salmon but was told the kitchen was out of salmon despite being the first ones in the restaurant and it being on the menu.

Which is ironic since the complimentary cocktails we were offered the day before gave the same reaction. Full list of drinks but only offered 3-4 types. And everyone we picked was apparently unavailable despite being offered because they ran out. So we ended up with two very light drinks of the same flavour. We didn't particularly mind this though as the roof bar was really cozy and an amazing breeze was coming in. Do watch out for the mosquitoes however.

Would have left pretty upset but luckily i finally chanced upon ONE lovely staff member who's name i cannot remember as it sounded very Thai. She attended to me during my check out and was much more hospitable than the rest. Made me feel much more welcomed and at home but too bad it was too late since I was actually checking out instead of in.

Maybe we had overly high expectations but many almost same priced hotels and even cheaper ones have made us feel more comfortable and at home that this hotel did and as the bf put it made this trip feel very "Unfulfilled" because it felt like things were just missing and reading all the different reviews and how everyone seem to get something different like a large fruit basket, the car washes, bed turn down with chocolate bars and on made us feel like there was some bias treatment going on as we got none of those and the staff mostly pretended not to see us and refused to even smile.

Much more I want to say but this is already incredibly long so I'll leave it at this. Pretty place but lacks the service and attention to really put it in place with a 5 star resort. Will probably not be worth the money at all once they hike up the prices.

Room Tip: Maybe try the more expensive rooms? Perhaps they give better service then.
4  Thank Ginny Y