“Beautiful romantic hideaway”
Review of Villa Samadhi

Villa Samadhi
Ranked #2 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We spent the first night of our honeymoon at Villa Samadhi for our "romantic getaway" before we headed to Nepal for hiking. This resort is a real tropical escape, it didn't feel at all like we were in central Kuala Lumpur.

The service was lovely with some very convenient extras included for us, which really made our stay smooth and stress-free. Only thing I would recommend to them is that given they knew we were on our honetmoon, perhaps they could have decorated the room a little romatically, as an extra touch. But otherwise the facilities were fantastic, we loved the jacuzzi and the beauty of the outdoor pool area. Thank you Villa Samadhi!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jane G

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed for one night to celebrate our registration of marriage. Located in a quiet neighbor of embassies, bungalows and exclusive residences, Villa Samadhi's setting is relaxed and private. There are no signage on the exterior, except for a small plaque stating that this villa is part of the secret retreats group. Parking is limited but covered. Wood is the main feature of this property's design, you will notice a traditional door lock instead of a modern key card. The lighting elements, which includes some open fire incorporated into the landscaping is very sexy. The villa provided sarongs which is an excellent idea, I used it for lounging in the room. They provided a selection of black and green teas bags from TWG. The bed is very high but comfortable. There's an ipod dock available. We didn't experience the turn down service as expected from most resorts of this nature. The overall experience was unique and satisfactory.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichelleSueMae
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed for three nights over my birthday. Perfect setting to relax. Perfect staff to help with every request.

The rooms are amazing. Suggested restaurants have beautiful, fresh food.

Left feeling so refreshed and content.

The staff have sent luggage of ours (free of charge) to Berlin ahead of our arrival there and also a credit card that arrived after we'd departed.

Thank you so much Villa Samadhi and Cherie.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Mattchew-Matics
Reviewed 7 April 2013

From the moment we were met at the airport by 2 smartly dressed VS staff and a gleaming black Merc, I think my husband and I knew we were onto a good thing....
We arrived at the hotel about 9pm and first impressions were 'wow', shadows dancing on walls and water from dozens of candles, making the whole entrance seem quite ethereal. Smack bang in the middle of the city, I'm still not sure how they make the place such a quiet and serene oasis of calm?! Restaurant was closed that evening but we were offered the chance of food from a restaurant in town which we didn't really need...a quick dip in our private pool, a nibble on the Malay Cookies left in our room, a bottle of white from the mini bar and an early night meant we could really make the most of breakfast the following day!!
We booked The Loft, spacious, comfortable, quiet and super quirky. Laundry was taken every morning and returned every night without fail - all complimentary (absolute bliss!). Rooms were cleaned beautifully and the nightly chocolate on the pillow and turn down service didn't go unnoticed. The view from our balcony and private pool was wonderful....we could watch the early evening storms rolling in across the city from the pool before a quick change for dinner, complimentary cocktails in the bar and onto dinner wherever you fancied.

We highly recommend the sister restaurants in 'the city' and 'the jungle' impeccable food and service and a free shuttle from the hotel there and back...plus the staff will advise you on other great places to visit etc and make the reservations and book taxis for you. I have never been unable to unwind as easily anywhere else in the world as I did here. Everything was taken care of for you.

However, for us the jewel in the crown was Cherie, the hotel manager. If only every hotel could clone her! Nothing was too much trouble....insect bites? 'No worries' and she produces a mini tin of tiger balm from her drawer for me to rub on them. That night she appeared with a can of repellant, sweetly scented and far superior to the English tripe I had packed!! I could have cried!! Couple's Massage booked with 3 hours noticed at the finest spa in town - never have I had such an epic massage and pedi mani benefits of which lasted the duration of the holiday all for around £40 and she drove us there herself and organised for Pfizer the hotel driver to collect us all FOC!! Her knowledge of local areas to visit (Chinese temples, Indian temples, local boutiques, restaurants etc) and ability to make sense of local maps to help guide us round the sights and navigate the local transport system was greatly appreciated. Her clear objective is striving for perfection and I can honestly say, Villa Samadhi is the closest to perfection of any hotel anywhere in the world. We truly felt part of the family and I can honestly say we will be back. Thank you Villa Samadhi for the holiday of a life time...although you have made every other hotel of our holiday pale into an embarrassing heap of incompetence and slovenliness in comparison - next time we'll know just to stay with you and not bother going anywhere else ;-)

Room Tip: We booked the Loft but you won't be disappointed with any room...they are all the height of luxu...
8  Thank Eleanor W
Reviewed 6 April 2013

After reading the previous comments, my husband and I who have been frequent visitors to VS in the past, would just like to add a few comments of our own as a counter balance to the last evaluation.
It is our experience that in all areas, the VS service has always been excellent and can be summed up in one line.
All you have to do is ask.
Although for the life of me I can never remember having had to ask for anything!!
I can't counter every comment and nor would I want to. Everyone has a perfect right to their own opinions on things. Its just that a few of the comments jarred so much against my own opinions after previous stays at the villa.

The perceived problem about breakfast seemed somewhat strange to me. As far as I know you can have anything off the breakfast menu you want. I don't ever remember being offered anything more or for that matter, less, than what is on offer.
If you for whatever reason, you need your room serviced during breakfast then a quick request at the reception will see it done.
The staff in the VS are all very professional helpful and friendly, but not mind readers.
If things are not according to ones expectency then I know that you only need to ask and they willingly will provide.
Cherie and the staff have always gone out of their way to accomodate all our needs with the minimum of fuss.
OK there is a 'No Kids' policy, but when a guest decides to ignore this and arrives with children, it's not really practical to turn them away. It is the fault of the guest and certainly not the VS. All
that can be done is to request that the children be as quiet as possible and that other residents can be understanding.
Anyway, that's it really and not wanting to get too far in on the laundry issues, life is too short, all I will say is that if you put your laundry in to be done, or any other request for that matter and you ask for it to be done as soon as possible, VS will do everything they can to get it done as soon as is practically possible.
To round up our overall experience with VS I'd just like to simply say that it has been a peaceful & freindly retreat.
I will be going back again and again.

5  Thank Simbha1
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My better half and I stayed at Villa Samadhi , the Loft in March 2013. After reading all the reviews that were on trip advisor, i was certain that the small getaway birthday celebration for him would do us some good and give us time to unwind.

The staff which assisted on my bookings,Cornie was most helpful and accommodating to changes in the room plan which I had.

Upon arrival to VS, which was about 730pm we were checked in and then told that the restaurant was closed and that was no room service either. We were not offered the option of the staff getting food for us from a nearby restaurant like previous travelers had been. We were both disappointed and hungry as we were just plain exhausted from work and dint want to battle with the KL rush hour traffic just to get food.

I was under the assumption, just like other guest that there was a welcome fruit basket and cookies and we could munch on them for the night. Boy was i wrong! When we got into the Loft, there was no cookies nor fruit basket and not even the complimentary birthday cake for my other half which was promised. I brushed it aside thinking that maybe it would be brought in the next day when the room was cleaned.

So, the next day we went down for breakfast at Mandi-Mandi and it was nice. What was funny though that some guest were offered more things than the other upon my observation.

We returned to the room only to find that no housekeeping had been done to my disappointment. Which meant, the laundry which is complimentary was also not taken.We had been gone for at least 2 hours. After napping for sometime, we decided that we would get room service,by which we had to walk all the way down just to order, because the rooms do not have phones. A very big no-no for me.

I expressed my concerns regarding the fruits and snacks and even the cake to the receptionist while i order my lunch. With the price that i was paying, the most expensive room at VS, you would expect to be getting what you have paid for and i felt cheated.

Lunch came with the fruits and snacks and laundry taken away. A plus point for service recovery at this point.

In the evening, we bumped into Cherie, and once again i expressed my concerns to her. She apologized and ensured me that everything would be looked into. And offered us complimentary lunch which was nice and tasty to say sorry and even sent us a bottle of wine. I thought from then on things would be smooth sailing,but it didnt go that way.

On the 3rd day day, while i was in the pool in the loft, i heard KIDS making a whole lot of noise, and after finding out the source of noise, i found that there were 2 KIDS jumping around in the jacuzzi below in one of the room in VS!!

Now, doesn't VS have strict rules against having no KIDS ???? That was one of the reason why I booked VS in the first place. Because we wanted the peace and quite.

Upon checking with Cherie, the manager, she informed me that the booking was done and paid for and there was nothing she could do, as they had already come from Singapore with the kids.

Later i found out at breakfast the next day that there was another couple with another KID staying at VS!!!

Imagine the horror that i had!!!

We left VS, quite disappointed and without our laundry which had been sent in the previous day, because it was not ready. Cherie did offer to send it back to us via post, but with the amount of money being paid, you certainly do not expect this level of service and that your clothes are not ready when you checked out. In case you were wondering the clothes were picked up bout 2pm the day before and we only left VS at 330pm the day after, which is more than 24 hours for the clothes to be done!

With the extensive traveling that i do, staying at least in 5 or more hotels a month which ranges from Marriott ,Hilton and the likes I simply have a high expectations from places like VS where a room cost rm 1300 a night!

But if you can by pass all these things and not be bothered by them, im sure VS would be a nice place to stay.

Would i return?? I really do not think so.

8  Thank StephGreg
Reviewed 27 March 2013

After staying in Japamala on Tioman, we had great expectations of Samadhi's inner city escape. Needless to say we weren't disappointed!
From the second the booking process started, the staff were amazingly helpful and lovely, with an airport pickup in a sleek mercedes a nice way to start. The villa feels as though you are somewhere in the middle of nowhere, but instead, you are smack bang in KL, making access to most parts of the city a quick breeze. The rooms are ridiculously lush, a jacuzzi out the back for private swimming, or a step off the balcony straight into one of the most delightful hotel swimming pools i've ever seen. Normally i'm a once a day pool kinda guy, but it was too tempting, and we were in and out of the pool allll day every day.
Dinners are shuttled to at Samadhi's connected restaurants. Tamarind ( the city restaurant ) being the absolute highlight, delicious food on par with their restaurants on tioman island.
I can't speak highly enough of this place. In particular the attentive staff. Cherie went beyond the point of call, organising services most hotels would scoff at the mention of.
we love you villa samadhi!!! Totally relaxed now :)

5  Thank BoyStef