Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2011

After I got a lot of bedbug bites and actually saw more than 5 bugs crawling on our bed on the secound night, we didn't have a good feeling to stay at this place any longer and asked for a refund of the remaining night. The manager told us that refunds are never paid out because his boss would not allow that, otherwise he would have to pay it out of his own pocket. We said ok to stay in a different room. After getting more bites in the replaced room, he said he was going to refund this night. However, what he told us when we were checking out next morning was that we did not pay for last night so he doesn't need to refund! The bedbugs might have been brought by backpackers who stayed previous night, however the reaction of the manager was unacceptable for me after having more than 40 bites on my whole body and suffering that itchiness.
The bathroom was not very clean. I was also not comfortable walking bare foot on the dirty carpet.The only good thing was the location. There are plenty of places you can eat in Chinatown and Central market and also 3 minute walk away from Pasar Seni station.
However you can find nicer places with better value around this area.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sayo34
Reviewed 19 July 2011

People at front desk really helpful and friendly. Not on a great street, but very close to central market and china town. Room average, no actual window, only timber shutters so noisy at nights. Bathrooms are real let down, only two combined toilet/shower cubicles for entire hostel. Long queues in mornings to use facilities.

Date of stay: June 2011
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I stayed two days in Palmmers Guesthouse on my way back from KL to Cambodia. This guesthouse gave me a warm and homely feel. The owners are two amazing people and work incredibly hard to make your stay worthwhile. After a whole night of travelling, I arrived in the early morning and was offered a room temporarily to get some rest while the other rooms were cleaned. You don't get that kinda service in other guesthouses. I would recommend this guesthouse especially for backpackers who are looking for basic accommodation (shared bathroom, open kitchen,...) but still want a place where they can feel at ease and hang out for a little while. Rooms are small but convenient, bathrooms are simple and clean, breakfast is coffee and toast but included in the price and there is a lovely lounge area for watching tv, smoking a cigarette or socializing with others. In other words: It's the perfect getaway from busy KL!!

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Really loved with Mr/Mrs. Ibrahim hospitality, strategic and value for our budget especially for backpackers.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank nursetaufik
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I was really disappointed of this Guest House, as reviews here were overall positive. I cannot understand these good reviews at all. There is only one tiny bathroom (2 toilets with showers) for all the people staying there (hey don't have rooms with attached bathroom). The shared bathroom was really dirty and one of the toilets didn't work (people were using it anyway). The owners seem to be friendly at first sight, but if we needed something it was always a problem. (We asked if we could leave our luggage there as checkout is at 11.30 am and our bus was going in the night. The owner explained that there is not so much room but if really absolutely necessary we can leave the luggage at the entrance. So we felt not very welcome to leave our luggage there, which was never a problem in all other hotels/hostels/guest houses we stayed.) There was also a boy living there, who was obviously a hustler and who was coming and going all night long (coming to have a shower ...). Most of the rooms don't have windows and we saw a big cockroach and a fat rat there. The common rooms are nice though and they have one computer (for internet use you have to pay 5 RM per hour). Laundry service was cheap and good too. Forget about the breakfast which is included - it's only toast, butter and jam and tea or coffee, which you have to prepare yourself and which is only available after the owners get up in the morning (around 9 am). Overall, I think that the owners of this guest house would need some help because they are obviously overextended. I cannot recommend this guest house at all. Sorry!

Date of stay: June 2011