“A complete waste of time and money!”
Review of teeq brasserie - CLOSED

teeq brasserie
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Reviewed In "flavours" Magazine Jan/feb 2010 Edition, Published By Star Publications
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I purchased a Groupon voucher amounting to RM150 for a 50% discount on meals for lunch on my brother's birthday. Our lunch reservation was for 6 people and we were all left very disappointed to say the least.

1. Misleading Menu
Out of the 6 dishes that we ordered, only 2 was available. My initial decision to go there was based on the variety of dishes offered on their website menu. The cod, salmon, honey glaze and chicken and steak was unavailable and we had to choose from whatever they had left. Couldn't help but notice spelling errors as well.

2. Food & Drinks
This is what we hated the most, the waiting. We had waited for about 1.5 hours for the first dish. It then arrived one by one with about 15-30 minutes gap in between. I noticed most of the patrons were also waiting, most were there before us. Some left after waiting for too long. Something we would have done if not for the vouchers we had paid for.

Most of the dishes were below average (seabass). The Maryland chicken was alright but definitely not worth the wait. Plus the restaurant was barely half full, not sure why they took so long. A small bottle of mineral water that costs RM1.30 was charged at RM5, no free drinking water.

3. Atmosphere
The music was played rather loudly and repetitively (we asked them to turn it down after not being able to hear each other talk). The rooftop view was a complete waste as the view was mostly of dirty roofs and there were mosquitos, yes, mosquitos flying around us.

4. Staff
Unprofessional staff. The host gave us and unfriendly welcome and was dressed inappropriately. Most of our time spent was looking towards the open kitchen at the noisy chef who was throwing things around. Plus nobody informed us or apologized for the delay despite walking past our empty table numerous times.

In a gist, our Sunday afternoon was completely wasted waiting for average-tasting food and bad service. I paid an additional RM50 so in total I had paid RM200 for the worse dining experience in my life. I still wonder how long we would have waited if the place was filled with patrons.

6  Thank Vivien-Francis

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Normally I do not bother writing reviews, but this place is something else. The experience here surpasses anything I could have imagine that I wish it shuts down for good! Here's why..

1) Lunch became teatime

After 1 hour of waiting, the first dish came. Another half an hour later, two dishes arrived, then another half an hour later the last 3 dishes arrived. So basically we all ended up eating separately, and the last 3 dishes it took 2 hours to arrive.

3) Menu was misleading

Written in laughable english, what you read is not what you will get... actually you would not need a menu, just ask them what they have left because you would not have a choice.

2) Nothing advertised on Groupon was available

They came back after one hour to inform us that they had no salmon and there was only one choice of fish left ( in the end ALL of us had to go for something we didnt even want, thats 6 dishes they did not have )

They ran out of almost all the dishes despite it being early in the day and only a few tables to serve - the restaurant was half empty! If it wasnt for the paid Groupon voucher we would have walked way.

3) The restaurant isn't properly mantained, the waiters and chef were not professional, in fact we could see the chef shouting and throwing his towel around from the other end of the restaurant. The ambience was gloomy and dead. We could see other frustrated customers complaining about how long the food was taking.

4) Drinks are at bar prices
RM 5 for a bottle of water, RM 12 for coke.

5) Lastly, there is nothing 'fine dining' about their food, I do not know how they can lie about the quality of their food and get away with it. My seabass had moist skin and was served with lettuce drizzled with mayo and fried potatoes with no sauce.

So do not waste your time here, we blew away our sunday afternoon at this place eating average food which was not our choice. We made up for it with dessert elsewhere instead after the depressing exhausting 2 hour wait, as we did not want to give them anymore money. It was truly my worse experience dining out in my entire life.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is our second visit. Well it really do suprise us on the last time visit with what this restaurant have to offer that is hidden up in the roof top. I guess I am like any other ordinary customer that once saw the ambiance of this restaurant it would be pretty expensive yet after look thru their menu and price, it is very reasonable or below from our expectation in pricing actually.

Besides the nice scenery with the great landscape setting by this restaurant, located strategically at the rooftop of Lot 10, the food is also delicious. I have ordered BBQ Roasted Spring chicken (MYR30) while my partner Salmon Trout (MYR40). The total spend was MYR114 including drinks and tax which is very reasonable to me.

Lunch: Open Daily 12p.m till 3p.m
Dinner: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday: 6.30p.m till 11p.m
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 6.30p.m till 3a.m
(served snack menu after 11p.m)

1  Thank Kakamal
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We bought Groupon vouchers for a 4-course fine dining dinner at the price of RM55.

We strongly agree this is the WORST fine dining dinner we've ever experienced:

(1) Food -- well we expected an "A-class" meal but got shocked when ordinary Campbell soup, overcooked baked fish, tasteless spagetti & a small piece of worse-than-homemade brownies were served. We took McD for supper after leaving the dining hall.

(2) Environment -- decoration is impressive but we believe the management is facing financial constraint & didn't paying royalty fee for music. All songs have been played repeatedly at least 3 to 4 times within the 2 hours.

(3) Dining Table Setting -- can you imagine that a piece of normal white colour serviette, instead of napkin cloth, was placed on a fine-dining table? Spoon was wrongly placed too!

(4) Service -- Recruited too many foreign workers who couldn't understand the menu. Food was passed to wrong diner before asking. The lady waitress dressed more like GRO working in a cheapskate pub (hanging beer bottle opener at her neck, WTF!)

(5) Beverage price -- We have no comment on the price of cocktail & wine, but RM5.00 for a bottle of non-brended R.O water is absolutely unacceptable (no free drinking water!)

Disappointed & regreted, forever and ever!!!

3  Thank James L
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My partner and I celebrate our anniversary there .. the environment was nice and comfortable... there indoor and outdoor .. for fine dining indoor is more suitable place.. more peace and with aircond.. outdoor is a place for a group of buddies to chill together with a wine and good music... quite warm if in evening ..
The food was nice.. We ordered set menu with RM69 per person. My partner ordered salmon sioyaki as a appetizer.. it was amazing.. the best appetizer we ever had !! superb !! It was half cooked together with wasabi anglise, maldon sea salt and cherry tomatoes. Must try menu. We also ordered forest mushroom soup.. For main course we had pan seared sea bass with mashed potatoes, sauté mushroom and garlic butter beure blanc.. again..it not disappointed us.. the taste was good and not overcooked. For dessert we had warm New York brownies with traditional whip cream and berries caulis... it was amazing.. the hot brownies is truly matching together with cappuccino ice cream.. not only melt in your tongue but melt in your heart too.. overall, the dining was amazing.. not disappointed us to choosing this place to celebrate our anniversary.. :)

1  Thank meilina0107