“Need lot's of improvement !”
Review of Ibiz Hotel

Ibiz Hotel
Ranked #284 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stay there for 2 days 1 night. Overall, it is average and I'm not very satisfy with their service during my check out.
It is near to monorail and putra LRT station, but the Kl are very imfamilliar with this hotel. On my 1st day to check in the hotel, I've been searching for the hotel. And I've ask many shops, no one have ever heard about IBIZ, so end up, I carry my luggage an like a fool walkin around. I called to the reception and ask for direction, se can't even give me a clear instruction on how to get there. End up, she told me to get a taxi, and ask him drop me at the nearest hospital
2) I reach the hotel, check in. When get into my room, one of the bed's shaking and the leg is broken. Te whole night with the bed shaking. The sink was also shaking, and the annoying sound when we use the sink (housekeeping people never noticed this issue and repair immediately?)
3) The reception never inform that the breakfast in morning is free to eat. Other hotel I we are entitle of breakfast, they will give us voucher and inform. But during my check in, reception never inform anything. The second morning, my hubby saw many people at the lobby eating breakfast then only ask the reception and she only reply that we can eat.
4) The last and the most unhappy thing is that I ask the reception to call for a taxi. And she did call but she can't get so she ask another man to help. That uncle try to kon my money! He get a taxi and told me to pay the cab rm20 after I get into it. Excuse me, do u know I can report this situation? According the the regulations, is a must for all taxis to follow meter! This taxi dot even reach already told me to pay rm20. I took a cab last midnighte to hotel only rm8.80. Now in noon, not even midnight, how can it be more expensive?
No matter how new is the place, if the service is so terrible, I think not advisable to go. And I will never return!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Tabithaping87

Reviewed 7 September 2011

We did our check at TA for KL hotels in a short time, and decided this fit our purpose and budget. Our purpose was just a budget hotel with carpark facilty and planned to take the trains/taxi for roaming around KL,and Ibiz do not disappoint!

Loc: Far flung in the nearly northward of KL (nearest station is Titiwangsa), my GPS did show the location but because i forgot to switch off the GPS enroute from Melaka, it died on me (battery flat) before we enter KL city!!
So we had to ask around to the key landmark: Titiwansa station (Mono and LRT). And it was not difficult to find!

Hotel: Indeed its a townhouse type of hotel (about 3-4 storeys) nestled about 3-400m from the local train stations. This hotel is not of the same group from Ibis Hotel but tried to be like it - 3 star business hotel with 1-star price! We booked it at RM65 (75 with taxes) so its really budget. (done it from booking.com). Room is clean and functional, but very small, hence for those who do not need to spend time in their room. The free breakfast, though is pathetic... and starts at 5am! and if u come down by 8.30am, most food are gone, so do not bank on the b/fast too much, and you're ok for the rest of services! Indeed, u pay for what u get (and expected).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Johnmagfam
Reviewed 27 July 2011

For 80RM in KL you really cant expect too much. But we were pleasantly surprised. Took a little bit to find as the hotel is new and taxi drivers didn't know the hotel but if you are prepared and have a map or the hotels phone number this is easily fixed.

The room was basic but spotlessly clean and had great hotwater!!

Easy 5 min walk to the train and monorail station to connect to the rest of the city but not such a nice walk at night. We walked the long way on the main road at night to stay safe.

Breakfast was a waste of time unless you wake up early, first in best dressed but again at 80RM we didnt care.

Would stay again due to cleanliness and price.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Pokolbinguy
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I stayed there 7 nights with my family. We had one double and one quad room.
The bedrooms and bathrooms all were immaculately clean, though little congested.
The staff are extremely nice and helpful.
Specially Tho and lady receptionist Ven. are lovely people.
We had planned to stay their for one night but ended up staying there for the whole period.
It is good choice for budget family travellers.

We found it difficult to locate the hotel first day.
The hotel website must state that it is close to Tawakkal hospital of titiwangsa which is a very well known easy reference.
The mono train station is only 8 minutes walk , so as the Mcdonalds.
Taxis are also easily available.

Room Tip: try to get room which has a window with a view of twin towers
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank IPFM
Reviewed 14 July 2011

The hotel was a bit difficult to find at first since it didn't have a big sign with it's name on it. The receptionist who works there most days was lovely and the other staff was respectful and helpful. You can get a taxi quite easily from the location. They had free wireless in the rooms which was great and if you didn't have your own computer, the price was 2 Ringitt for 1 hour to use the hotel computers near the reception. The beds were very comfy.

The room's weren't quite what we expected. They could have done with some more closet space and other space to keep our bags in.The toilets and showers were badly designed (the shower was right next to the toilet and sometimes water would just stay there until it dried). On the 3rd day we had to be transferred to another room because our toilet flush stopped working, although the receptionist did this without a fuss. You could hear construction work at night at times. The breakfast was decent although probably not so for Caucasian travelers, since it wasn't their type of food much. The dirty plates and cutlery were just left in a large bucket, which I thought was unprofessional.

All in all, I'd only recommend this hotel for people travelling under a tight budget.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This is a budget hotel I suppose so I can't complain much but it was probably the worst I have stayed in. The hot water thing on the wall didn't work so thankfully I could ask my friend in the adjoining room if I could have a hot shower. Exertions I came back from the day out the power wouldn't turn on even after putting the door key in the slot. We had the flick the mains switch that was inside the room on so we had power.
The lobby had an odd smell, maybe from the AC. It smelled like old towels or stagnant water. No taxi driver knew the location of the hotel. We either had to direct them to Titiwangsa station and lead them from there or the taxi driver phoned the hotel themselves and asked directions.
There were no windows in the room so you had no idea if it was day or night outside.
Nothing really to mention about what's around the hotel. A few Islam food houses and the Titiwangsa station is about 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank yblieb
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Appears a little out of the city, although being on the last stop of the monorail, "titiwangsa" it really only takes about 15 mins from KL central, and cost about 3 ringgit. The hotel is only 300 metres from the station. The staff are awesome and will help with anything. The rooms however are small, my standard double was too small to spend substantial time in and the tv only has 5 channels, two of which are english. The rooms are very clean though, the bathrooms and showers are spotless, as are the sheets. This place is suited to someone who does not care about spending time in there room or about a 15 twenty minute monorail ride to get to the city. The advantage to this is you never get lost, the monorail takes you exactly to all the main points in the city.
Food is best had at the very cheap but excellent cafes around the corner from the hotel, Indian and malay are the main dishes.

Room Tip: I would suggest looking at the size of the rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo