“Value for money”
Review of Fahrenheit Suites

Fahrenheit Suites
Ranked #289 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 20 May 2014

First of all, the location itself is awesome.
The building is above Fahrenheit Mall, beside Sephora store, near Pavilion Mall and walking distance to MRT Bukit Bintang station. To shop affordable clothes, you may want to go down to Brands Outlet which sells lots of cheap clothes for man, ladies, and kids.

For the room itself, I picked Executive with 3 rooms suite for me and my friends. Overall, we are satisfied with the size of this suite. Spacious living room attached with dining table. Refrigerator and microwave are also provided. There are 2 bathrooms. 1 is sharing type between Room A (1 king sized bed) and Room B (2 single beds). Then master room with 1 king sized bed attached with bathroom. The only thing that needs to be upgrade is the elevator to the room which looks old.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank meltandun
There are newer reviews for Fahrenheit Suites

Reviewed 25 April 2014

A friend of ours book the hotel for us but we haven't gotten around reading the reviews until the week before our short weekend trip, We were kinda worried by the number of bad reviews we've read so far but decided that it might not be that bad after all, for the location.

We drove there and we didn't know that we had to share the apartment carpark with the shopping centre. We don't think it's safe. We also had to search for the right lift that will take us to the apartment straight and not the shopping centre.

When we first enter level 5, we saw the guard room but the guard were busy playing with his phone and didn't seem to notice us. The reception room really stinks. I decided to stay outside while the rest check-in. I overhead a family canceled their stay here after looking at the rooms. We were then given our room key and stuff. Ours was on the 19th floor.
The apartment was average and acceptable looking. It is kinda bright, although I think that it would be better to stay there if you're with groups. There were only 5 of us and it gets creepy when there's silence.

There were 2 locked doors in the room which was weird. I thought that maybe one of them is the connecting room door. But the other was right beside our 'kitchen' area and it was sealed. So it piqued our curiosity. When I was in the toilet there were strange noises coming from the other room (the toilet is connecting w the masterbed room and the other room) when no one was in the other room. Everyone else was outside in the living area, watching the tv. It kinda scare me (and I don't get scared easily). It happened to my other 2 family members and we decided to find another hotel and cancel our stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ardilah
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel located just opposite to the Paragon, among best shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur.
That's the only thing good about the hotel.
Security wasn't good, a tourist got snatched of her laptop bag before our eyes, despite a police presence.

The hotel was old, the room was big so that's the other plus point.
But the thing is I don't feel safe.
And I don't sleep well usually if I don't feel safe.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed for a nite over the weekend and we got a good last minute deal. We were big families in 3 bedrooms apartment.

Location wise really good in the center of Bukit Bintang and just above Fahrenheit 88 [a minute walk to Pavilion]. They renovated the shopping mall but not the whole building. So you will feel like you are travel back to the 80's once you at the apartment level. The apartment corridor sort of creepy with no effort for any decoration to brighten up the place.

They have seperate lift to the apartment from the parking area [next to shopping mall lift but the door quite too normal if want to compare to the shopping mall lift]. You've to go to the level 5 for the reception counter. The direction to the counter quite well marked.

The 3 bedrooms apartment technically a connecting of 2 bedrooms + studio apartments. The whole apartment quite comfortable enough for our big group. The master bedroom aka the studio complete with wadrobe, ensuite bathroom, small fridge, coffee & tea making facilities, tv & double bed. While the 2nd & 3rd bedrooms have double bed & twin bed respectively and shared the same bathroom [interconnecting door bathroom]. Wadrobes & working desk complete the rooms. Basic toiletries provided in both bathrooms. The kitchenette is complete with fridge, microwave as well as cooking & dining utensil, so you can cook & eat in if you like. The whole apartment seems to be cleaned nicely.

The swimming pool at level 5 open at 10am sharp so if you there early the guard will chased you out of the pool. The pool is big enough with kids pool next to adult pool. The changing room is nicely maintain & clean but no shower gel at the shower cubicle. Gym & spa also available.

Overall the apartment is a good bargain if you want to stay in a Bukit Bintang area with a big group & only if you don't mind to stay in the 80's environment building.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HandpkWanderluster
Reviewed 15 April 2014

in general the rooms are not bad, but the whole hotel needs to be torn down and re done. I got lost once and had to be shown how to get to the lift leading to my wing.
I recount my bad experience with the night duty reception. I think his name is Max
After a day of business and dinner outside i went back to the room, only to discover i left the key inside. I walked all the way back to the reception, asked for an extra card key and instead of just programming another card, he called the security to meet me out side of my room to open the door. He told me please go back up, the security will see you to open the door for you. I went, not a happy man, but i did not want to cause him any inconvenience. i waited outside my room ...... and waited...... and waited.... after like 20 mins, i returned down, looked for the night duty, asked if i could have a new card .... he said sorry no more cards, and proceed to get on the walkietalky to call security.
I was really getting irritated and told him just to programme a key for me and i will pay him for that extra card. After some shuffling and looking into a drawer, we got me a new key
this is not SOP
i will never come back to this hotel again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Anson w
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel is exactly opposite the best shopping mall in KL, hence you pay for the location. The common areas smell of mould although my room was odourless. The room wifi was advertised as free but was billed which the reception stated would be refunded. Why not simply discontinue the fee? The wifi was unreliable, requiring repetitive logging in up to 20 times a day. The gym is ageing but useful. Pool looked OK. The room attendant did a good job.

This hotel has not been renovated in 30 years. The owners seem unprepared to throw any money at the job. The basic structure is good but creaky. Given its location, demolition is probably only a few years away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Not great....in fact that I would say that this is the most disappointing hotel in Kuala Lumpur I have ever stayed at. To put it simply, Housekeeping was awful; there were no ‘Hotel’ food facilities, and getting to your room took some good navigation skills.
The hotel is advertised as a 4 star hotel; however I would only give it 3 stars based on the following experience.
The rooms are adequate, however Housekeeping is hopeless. We left the ‘Make up Room’ sign on the door at 9:30am, however when we came back to the room at 11:30pm (after a day’s shopping and exploring), the bed was not made and the room/bathroom had not been cleaned. Very poor service indeed!
The lift is far too slow and was dirty and smelly. To get to the room, you had to enter the building and take a lift to the 5th floor, where the Reception area is located. To get to your room, you had to walk 40 or so meters to take another lift to your floor/room. Also the area outside reception has no air conditioning and the passage ways leading to room were not air-conditioned or very nicely decorated. They looked a little like a ‘Low Cost Housing Commission’
Bathroom was adequate. It had a wall mounted low pressure hot water unit in the shower (similar to the ones seen in Malaysian homes); however there was no hot water to the basin.
When I used the hot water kettle, I had to place the kettle on the floor to boil it as the power point was located just above the floor. Very poor design!
The only plus is that the hotel is centrally located to the main shopping prescient and very close to the Pavilion, Lot 10 and many good restaurants.
I would not recommend this hotel. It’s like rundown apartment. No maintenance for the swimming pool area, elevators and floors.
The unfortunate and disappointing thing is that the Customer Service is always the same, but clearly has no intention of doing anything about the state of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple