“Farenheit Suites Kuala Lumpur”
Review of Fahrenheit Suites

Fahrenheit Suites
Ranked #292 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This place was awful, it was reminiscent of a students backpacking holiday not somewhere to stay with a family. The furniture was dated, the shower was decades old, the towels had holes in them and the kitchen was overrun with ants. We had to take two different lifts to reach our apartment on the 19th floor and walk along a dirty tiled corridor in between. I would rate this accommodation as one star only and that would be generous.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vicky C

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment. We were very happy with the location. The apartment is cleaned daily. The kitchenette is small facilities r basic. Wifi us average. love the fact that we can chill in living room whilst the kids are in bed. One of the rooms did smelt of cigarette smoke. We didnt complain as we didnt want to change rooms. There were banging going on during the day as one unit was being renovated but luckily with stopped in the early eve.
Love the air cond units! Very cold! The entrance to the place is pretty hidden so somehow feel a bit safer than some places. The concierge service is good and the receptionist will generally help u with any queries u have. Like the fact they have kids swimming pool and the adult pool is good size for proper swim. The gym is rubbish. We felt safe and that us pretty important. We got taxi to most places and it is cheaper go get it from the metered taxi rank from the opposite side of Fahrenheight Shopping Mall. The Star LRT is near by but not great if you have a buggy with you. If u love shopping everything is walking distance and the food court near Lot 10 is amazing! Food court in Pavillion mall is good too but a little pricey. Overall a good stay but a little pricey.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The locations great, right next to the Pavilion Mall. But this is where where everything ends, the rooms smell like dampness and rotten wood, the bathroom when I entered still reeked of feces, the people that do the cleaning smoke in the lobby where there are no windows, the floors of all the hallways are always wet and brown with dirt, there was vomit in the trash can in front of the hotel, the pool was okay, the change room had no lighting and no water, if there was water it would be yellow. the worst hotel I've ever been to. (I chose this hotel without checking the reviews and also because it was cheaper, my previous choice was Shangri-La which I cancelled my booking, now i regret it sincerely.

Room Tip: Go to Shangri-La and don't EVER choose to stay here, p.s. it's not a hotel only it's a a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kevle6
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I'm a frequent traveler to KL. For the price they are charging, this place is a complete rip off. Several serious issues:

1-Security. Anybody going through their mall, will have access to the suites area, the pool, the corridors, everywhere is accessible! There have been a lot of snatch thefts and the culprits would run out into the mall and the crowded streets. Also, the safe deposit box in my room was not working and the staff had the nerve to say, "why don't you go out, and I will come back to fix it later". The point was to place items INSIDE the safe BEFORE leaving!

2-Staff. Works at a glacial pace. One guy billed me for TWO rooms even though I was alone checking in. No common sense. I wanted to cancel my booking on another day further down the week because I was appalled at the terrible state of this place. However, I was told it is not allowed, I will be charged for the room. Mind you, this cancellation request is more than 72hours in advance. The receptionist, who claims to be new, says he is not authorised to cancel, and I could cancel it on the Fahrenheit website myself. But there is no link to cancel! He is also not familiar with their own website. One staff said he is on his way to help, but never showed up. The excuse given was "oh perhaps he is getting dressed". The reservation staff "could not be reached" and only responded in a very curt manner TWO DAYS LATER via email after a reminder email on the cancellation update. Not all the staff are wearing uniforms. And they are not behaving professionally when on duty, Joking around and ogling at female guests, even smoking while on duty! Nobody greets the guests, when entering lifts, they would enter as if they too are guests. Such bad attitudes!

3-Cleanliness. This place is a dump. The lobby is filthy, the lifts are absolutely run down. Not all the buttons on the lifts don't work. There is no AC along their corridors. It is like a building in the 80s, they simply put on a new snazzy logo and leverage on their location.

4-Layout. The layout is confusing. The signage is terrible. The taxis would drop passengers, and there is no signage to the reception area! I was lost inside the mall for 10 minutes before finding the reception! Also the back corner of the location is a known red light area so new visitors to KL might need to be more cautious.

5-Honesty. I was inquiring about a taxi booking. The receptionist (who claims he is new and therefore knows nothing) says it is 90RM. He didn't even ask where I was going! Then he says 50RM "flat rate". In the end I flagged down my own taxi and it came to 13RM. I don't know what kind of stunt these people are trying to pull.

Yes, location is great. But there are FAR more superior places than this dump!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank IstanbulTripster
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is the 3rd times I stayed at Fahrenheit Suites. The previous experience was not a pleasant one, but decided to give it a try again due to its lower rate under birthday promo.

The lobby area is still poorly maintained since our previous stays few years ago. We were allowed to check-in at 2.30pm (stated check-in time is 3pm) & the check-in process was smooth & fast. We booked a Deluxe 2 Bedroom Suite. The living room is quite spacious & comfortable. But the floor is a bit dirty. The kettle provided is very dirty as well hence we requested for a new one. It was sent to us within 15 mins but still a dirty one. Ended up I was unable to boil hot water for my kid's use.

The rooms are clean & the beds are comfortable. But the bath towels are in "grey" colour & have stains on it. The water heater was not working on the 2nd day but the technician got it repaired within 5 mins.

We were given a 45% discount voucher for next stay upon checked-out. Not sure whether we will stay here again for upcoming trips. The hotel still needs a lot of improvements.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mon_0624
Reviewed 20 May 2014

First of all, the location itself is awesome.
The building is above Fahrenheit Mall, beside Sephora store, near Pavilion Mall and walking distance to MRT Bukit Bintang station. To shop affordable clothes, you may want to go down to Brands Outlet which sells lots of cheap clothes for man, ladies, and kids.

For the room itself, I picked Executive with 3 rooms suite for me and my friends. Overall, we are satisfied with the size of this suite. Spacious living room attached with dining table. Refrigerator and microwave are also provided. There are 2 bathrooms. 1 is sharing type between Room A (1 king sized bed) and Room B (2 single beds). Then master room with 1 king sized bed attached with bathroom. The only thing that needs to be upgrade is the elevator to the room which looks old.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank meltandun
Reviewed 25 April 2014

A friend of ours book the hotel for us but we haven't gotten around reading the reviews until the week before our short weekend trip, We were kinda worried by the number of bad reviews we've read so far but decided that it might not be that bad after all, for the location.

We drove there and we didn't know that we had to share the apartment carpark with the shopping centre. We don't think it's safe. We also had to search for the right lift that will take us to the apartment straight and not the shopping centre.

When we first enter level 5, we saw the guard room but the guard were busy playing with his phone and didn't seem to notice us. The reception room really stinks. I decided to stay outside while the rest check-in. I overhead a family canceled their stay here after looking at the rooms. We were then given our room key and stuff. Ours was on the 19th floor.
The apartment was average and acceptable looking. It is kinda bright, although I think that it would be better to stay there if you're with groups. There were only 5 of us and it gets creepy when there's silence.

There were 2 locked doors in the room which was weird. I thought that maybe one of them is the connecting room door. But the other was right beside our 'kitchen' area and it was sealed. So it piqued our curiosity. When I was in the toilet there were strange noises coming from the other room (the toilet is connecting w the masterbed room and the other room) when no one was in the other room. Everyone else was outside in the living area, watching the tv. It kinda scare me (and I don't get scared easily). It happened to my other 2 family members and we decided to find another hotel and cancel our stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family