“nice & worth, Thanks Sentral Pudu”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sentral Pudu

Hotel Sentral Pudu
Ranked #123 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Galle, Sri Lanka
“nice & worth, Thanks Sentral Pudu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We were at SP from 28th to 31st at 1105 & 1110. It was a nice pleasent experience. Rooms are cozy & comfortable, breakfast is good and staff are helpful esp the front desk & bell boys.
BUT It will be good if someone can teach restuarant staff to smile and greet the customers without having usual Malaysian frowning & non friendly, non smiling faces.
but don't go for the trip organizing desk and don't get the hotel staff to arrange cabs for you.

all in all the hotel is good and worth staying

Room Tip: get a room from an upper floor so you can have a better view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank anushaasan
, General Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this review, 2 July 2012

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitor about your recent stay with us.

Besides, thank you for pointing to us the issue in regards the unfriendly staffs. We had addressed the issue and hopefully on your next visit, you’ll be able to notice the positive improvements.

Thank you and best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed with my family on return from genting highlands. This place is very decent and the staff is responsive. They have a lavish spread of breakfast and the resturant is very good. This place is close to Bukit Bintang the shopping centre. We had problems locating the place as there is another hotel by this name and also they have a monorail station by this name called "Pudu Sentral". I suggest avoid "china town" for shopping. It is full of crooks and very cheap people. We had a bad experience here. They sell all fake stuff and charge you a BOMB!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank raya1972
Managerpudu, General Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this review, 31 May 2012

Murcia, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

The hotel is well situated and not so far away from the city centre by foot. The slight drawback is that there is considerable raod works and construction in the vicinity but this does not distract from the hotel.
The room was spacious, clean and tidy and was more than expected.
The reception staff were brilliant, they were so informative about places to go and see and not like other hotels they negotiated a correct price with the local taxis.
Keep up the good work and I would return there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank kevspain
Managerpudu, General Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this review, 27 April 2012

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stayed with us at Hotel Sentral. It is also a great pleasure to receive such a wonderful compliments and I will definitely share to all my colleague and staff.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed here on February 2 - 5 for 3 nights. And all I could say is, THIS HOTEL IS AWESOME!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND WORTH EVERY PENNY YOU PAID FOR IT.

Pro: At first I wasn't so sure about this hotel when I first looked at the building from afar, but after I entered the hotel I was astonished. The interior was amazing and cozy, the internet was VERY speedy, the front desk was unbelievably friendly, the security guard helped me to look for a cab and even negotiated for me to get the best price.

The lifts have opposite-mirrors accent, it was kind of interesting. In the hallway, the lightnings were neat and soft yet bright, every single detail was modern and really homey and luxury. I can't even believe this was actually a 3 stars hotel and the rate is so reasonable!

First impression just right after I entered my room? INCREDIBLE! Very clean, very bright, very pleasant temperature, very modern, very good. I love the concept that the bathroom was using the tempered glass so it gave a modern feel to the bathroom, and the air circulation of the bathroom was really good so the bathroom was completely odourless. The shower, LOVE IT! That was the most pleasant showering experience I've ever have. The heat, the pressure, all of them were just right. There was even a hairdryer at the sink.

The bed is awesomely comfy and really gave me a 5 star sleeping experience, the pillow was so squishy. The TV was LCD TV. I'm in love with the incredibly big window, it gave a very beautiful view and brighten my room even more. There were 2 couches and a small round table that I could use to surfing the internet via notebook and eating.

The Wi-Fi! Oh-so-freakin-sweet. They were SPEEDY, I could download the 27 MB Angry Birds on my Android tablet on just a blink! This was what stole my heart most. Speedy internet access.

Once again, the ambient homey feeling and the cozy lightning ruled it all. I've never slept in a hotel with such homey and cozy and pleasant feelings. It was like I could sleep worry-free. Oh and once again, the amazing service. I forgot to close my door and lock it, then in the middle of the night I heard someone knocking my door, it's the hotel employee that woke me up and gave me a reminder to close the door. Thank god there was such great service, a hotel that cared about the guests most! What else could you ask for?

The hotel restaurant has a very modern feel, and the foods were tasty. I can't complain about anything, because everything in this hotel felt just right!

Con: I tried to call the Room Service to order some foods, but there was no answer. I wonder if the restaurant closed already?

Note: I shared my awesome hospitality experiences at this Hotel Sentral Pudu on the Twitter, A LOT. Then, the account of Hotel Sentral Pudu mentioned me, greeted me, and said that they were very thankful and hope that someday I would go back there. Oh man, you don't have to ask me to do that. I WOULD DEFINITELY COME BACK HERE WHENEVER I VISIT KL! :)

I even recommended this hotel to my travel agent when I was on Student Exchange Programme on KL ;p

Room Tip: The room is cozy and bright, even the cheapest one is spacious.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank dethap
Managerpudu, General Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this review, 20 April 2012

Rayong, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Did not have much time to stay in this hotel as we arrived there around 8pm and had to leave right after breakfast next day. However the hotel is pretty good and had a smooth sleep and a very good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank klik299

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Cons:

Hotel is not as near to Berjaya Times Square if you are looking at convenience. Even Furama Bukit Bintang is nearer.

If walking, route to the hotel from Times Square is very inconvenient as there are a lot of roadworks and constuction works around the hotel. Hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of Bukit Bintang and walking back at night is quite daunting if ur alone coz of the contruction works. But Bukit Bintang area is still walking distance away.

No parking space at the hotel, so for those driving, this hotel should be opted out.

Stayed in deluxe room at level 14 and view was pretty nice at night. Room was spacious, but inadequate deco/furnishings made it look so bare and did not give u a warm feeling. TV channels are a total let-down. No movie channels totally. Only ESPN and BBC other than the other local channels. Water pressure for hot water is disappointing.

Pros:
Wifi is great. Fast and reliable even in the rooms or any parts of the hotel. Breakfast is quite satisfying, quite a variety for a 3-star. Room was quite adequately clean.

Still feel that there is much to be improved to the hotel if it plans to attracts more returning guests. For a cheaper yet more cosy and nearer to Times Square option, Beltif Hotel is a great one, although the breakfast at Beltif is sucky to the max. ;p

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AGirlNamedLiza

Greetings from Hotel Sentral!

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the location and you enjoyed your stayed with us at Hotel Sentral. It is also a great pleasure to receive such a wonderful compliments and I will definitely share to all my colleague and staff.

Thank you for pointing to us all the issue that you have encounter. We have forwarded your comment to the respective department. Hopefully on your next visit you’ll be able to notice the positive improvements.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Our amily of 6 are greeted warmly by the front desk lady upon our arrival in late evening and that really made our day! Thank you Ms Fatin! Your cheerfulness and friendly attitude helped to perk us up after a long day coming to KL!
New hotel so you could expect clean, neat and nice environment.
We stay in the family room where there are a double bed and a single bed so it is ideal for family with children. We hve good sleep at night in the comfy bed. Nice breakfast environment and consider good variety of food for what we pay. Enjoy this hotel more than Furama Bukit Bintang which cost us much more.
Good location, 10-15min stroll to Times Square ans Bt Bintang area and easy to find food/supper nearby hotel.
Strongly recommend this hotel if youdo not need pool or gym as ther isn't such facilities. Anyway, people go KL to shop!

Room Tip: Get bigger room if you have more than two adults as price difference is not that great.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family