“Great hotel at affirdable price”
Review of Hotel Sentral Pudu

Hotel Sentral Pudu
Ranked #153 of 355 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights with my family and husband. Booked a triple room for my family and it was very spacious. Me and hubby room was abit small but we are ok with it. Bfast was ok, not much choice but my family love it. Its a 10 mins walk to berjaya times square. The best thing is their value for money, we paid 400 plus for 2 rooms, 3 nights and service was good. We had a pleasant stay. Thank you!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SitiRadiah
Managerpudu, Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Warmest Greeting from Hotel Sentral Pudu !

We are glad that to know you and your family members are overall happy with the services rendered throughout your 3 nights stay and your positive encouragement would definitely spur our team onto greater heights.

It’s good to hear that your family members enjoyed and was satisfied with our breakfast food and beverage selection.

I hope you will be able to visit again in the not too distant future and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel with one of my best friends, when I first booked the room that I wanted I looked online and saw a very clean, spacious room with a double bed. When I was sent up to my room it was literally the size of a cupboard with a huge double bed against the wall, a filthy shower, rubbish under the table and hardly ANY space at all, the room made us very claustrophobic. I went downstairs to speak to the manager about how disappointed I was he explained that it is a 3 star hotel and that's the standard for a 3 star hotel. I told him that the pictures I saw before I booked was a deception and he upgraded us to a deluxe room with two single beds which we were happy about. We decided to go for the breakfast only option, breakfast at this hotel on the first night right through to day 5 was pure disappointing. The food which was laid out was CLEARLY last night's dinner as it wasn't warm, the salad looked gone off and there was cockroaches around the tables also. The only decent thing they had for breakfast was honestly the toast and tea which I lived off. All in all, I would never return to this hotel and I advise everyone to stay far far away from it!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shukre_A

Warmest Greeting from Hotel Sentral Pudu !

We are sincerely disappointed that we were not able to fully meet your expectations during your stay. Your comments about the room condition and the food are duly noted .

Your constructive comment has already been communicated to the Culinary team and I am also looking into the Food and Beverage point with my Executive Chef for improvements.

It is very embarrassing to read about the breakfast matter, which could have been handled in a more tactful manner to avoid all the unnecessary hassles. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We hope this has not marred your experience with Hotel Sentral Pudu and we look forward to your return on your next trip to evaluate us once more.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Bit off central, but you can walk to Bukit Bintang in 10 mins. You can find taxi most of the time in front of the hotel. Very clean and well maintained. We were more than 40 people and booked over 20 rooms for our annual company trip. Breakfast was quite detail. It was really affordable and value for money.
On the downside the Wifi was bad. The bellboys are not available early morning and after hours.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the upper floors. They have great view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Warmest Greeting from Hotel Sentral Pudu !

Your comments about the bellboys unavailable of service are duly noted as well i will make sure to review it to the concerned departments and rest assured we looking into these shortfalls for future improvements.

On another note, regarding the hotel wifi, I am pleased to inform you that the hotel are in-place a major upgrade the current wifi with a completely new and to meet the highest usage in all our guest room. Please accept our apologies for this slow progress which I hope you will understand.

Once again, we truly appreciate your feedbacks and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Take care and be well

Reviewed 19 June 2014

stayed here for 3 days during my stay in june. the rooms were spacious and decent. The rooms had good views of KL tower and it was a sight to watch the monorails from the hotel rooms. the housekeeping service were ever smiling, helpful and cheerful. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Warmest Greeting from Hotel Sentral Pudu !

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitors about your recent stay with us.I will definitely share your words of encouragement with the entire "Housekeeping" team. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will take the opportunity to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to Malaysia and would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure an additional memorable experience.

With best wishes,

Yusri Chan,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My trip to Malaysia was through tour operator (mainly for stay & return airfare), so don't know about the exact rates. But I found that it was around 125ringgits, which is fair.

We never wished to travel by cab, as several spots are at 10-15mins walking distance. Very close to Bukit Bintang and all the well known places. In fact, KL has excellent public transport system (lines - Monorail, KTM, LRT). Imbi and Hang Tuah monorail stn are <10mins walk away. You can get to any location in KL by changing lines for a few destinations. Trust me, its fun to travel this way rather than hiring a cab. And yes, cab travel is also a lil expensive. You can also use the hotel's shuttle service for drops.

Our rooms were East facing and had a sunrise view, which I personally prefer. You'll never get to see KL or Twin towers from the hotel as Hotel Furuma stands to its NE.

The hotel overall is not that clean.

Staff is very good here. Bikram (security guy) helped us with his 10mins city guide session. Although I'd prepared my own city planner, based on the info online; his inputs were more from a local's standpoint. Kitchen staff is also very polite, and once had warmed & served our food @ 2330; much after the kitchen had shut.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank jaychhaya
Managerpudu, Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear jaychhaya ,

Warmest Greeting from Hotel Sentral Pudu !

We are glad that you are overall happy with the services rendered throughout your stay and it is very pleasing to learn that the room was up to mark and you find our staffs are helpful. I shall definitely share your positive feedback with our teams.

To share more, Hotel Sentral Pudu is walking distance to Berjaya Times Square shopping mall and also to two (2) other medium mall, Shaw Parade & Plaza Pudu. It is also close to most of the transportation hub such as Monorail (Imbi Station), Star Line LRT (Pudu Station) and the main Bus Terminal (Pudu Sentral Terminal).

For the convenience of guests, Hotel Sentral Pudu do provide FREE shuttle service that operating at 10.00am , 12.00nn & 3.00pm, pick-up service based on appointment basic to selected vicinity (Berjaya Times Square Shopping Mall, KL Sentral, Central Market , Petaling Street & KLCC (Twin Towers).

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

First the positives - Central location with Bukit Bintang area within walking distance. Value for money rooms, no frills but adequate & clean. Courteous staff who were always ready to help. Several transport options available - Taxi, Bus, Monorail (Imbi station, opposite to Berjaya Times Square). The hotel is near Furama Bukit Bintang Hotel & we had to enquire a couple of places before coming here.
Now the areas of improvement - Wifi signal was not available at the rooms, however the signal was strong at the lobby. Breakfast had some options for vegetarians too. The hotel taxi will charge thrice the actual fare, so best to hire a cab on the road.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sat_1412
Managerpudu, Manager at Hotel Sentral Pudu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Sat_1412,

Greeting from Hotel Sentral Pudu !

Reviewed 23 May 2014

4 of us including 3 of my friends stayed at Hotel Sentral Pudu in May 2014 for 3 nights and 4 days which we found to be one of the best out of all! The rooms were so spacious (Superior rooms), clean and appealing. It is right next to Sentral Monorail & you can find so many taxis when you step out. But I recommend that you AVOID the taxi service available outside the hotel as they rip you off! Walking distance to pavilion and Times Square. Also the hotel wifi connection was superb and the breakfast was more than what we expected as it had a better choice. Staff is generally polite and courteous and very quick in their service. The check in and check out process was easy and quick! I would recommend this hotel to budget travelers and We would stay there again as its worth the money! I hope the hotel maintains the same standard or improve more!

Room Tip: get the superior rooms than the normal standard room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Shalini J

Dear Shalini J,

Greeting from Hotel Sentral Pudu !