“Terrible Services”

Genting Highlands, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Services”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I used to come and eat at the cafe magpie at Jln cap square. a very attractive black and white, followed by the two birds are very attracted my attention. This is my second time, the four of us ate here. and this is the last time we ate here. because we came here before, but new customers get they food by 2 mins after sit.while my friend had also finished eating, but why did not I get more food. when I ask them to call manager, she turn around and go just like that. very rude. they did not even apologize to me. I am very disappointed

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Valencia1978044

• Indonesian first
“Not there yet”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I have been to this place a few tines now. Food is alright, but still a long way to go. I think it's pretty pricy for the quality you get. The portions are descent sized though, but not very tasty.

If they can improve the kitchen and lower the prices, and offer more basic sandwiches the I think they will attract more customers, and especially now when the subway is gone, the have a large advantage here.

1 Thank SuperGast
Ravenna, Italy
“A TRUE FIND AND FANTASTIC CUISINE AND ATMOSPHERE”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I was with my family and we visited cap square. We were all hungargy and looked at a few places that are available. Cafe magpie attracted us straight away with its ellegant black and white decor and option of outside seating. We all ordered some food with myself having one of the best fillet steaks I have had. The kids all enjoyed homemade pies and my partner had a beautiful chicken dinner with all the trimmings. The cost is unbeleivable and is a testement to how you can dine cheaply in an ever increasing expensive place like KL but still do it in style. The staff are fantastic and will cater for everyones needs and the actual owners play an active part into making sure everyone is enjoying themselves. The owner is actually an ex pat from the North east hence the name 'magpie' and he and his partner (Malaysian) just add to the whole persona of the place. There is also a bar inside with a dedicated bar area but it does not intrude on diners. The layout is fantastic, so is the food, atmosphere and staff, I would truly recomend a visit if you are in KL.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank wazza1979
newcastle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A breath of fresh air in CAP square”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I pass through KL on Business and came across this establishment looking for some where to eat and have decent night out the Cafe Magpie fits the bill in more ways than one. Newly opened by an fun loving expat from Newcastle in the UK. Billy is a great Host and makes you fell welcome, the food is great and not just Malaysian but traditional English too. If you are in KL do yourself a favor and go visit, you will not be disappointed. price all net so what you see is what you pay.

• Visited May 2011