“One of the best places to eat in KL”
Review of Cafe Magpie

Cafe Magpie
Ranked #1,452 of 4,333 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Newly opened in KL
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My wife and I travel to KL on business frequently and have eaten in many different venues in the city. This reseraunt is, in our opinion, the best we have experienced. The black & white decor is tasteful, the ambience is very good. The waitng staff are attentive without been intrusive and the food is superb. I would whole heartedly recommend this venue to anybody

Reviewed 24 October 2012

good atmosphere ,delicious food, especially roasted chicken & reasonable price.
set lunch at good price.will no doubt come again.found out that food here does not contain msg.
good selection of western + local food.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Ate here today. We are an English couple, where I am more adventurous with food than my husband. So this suited us perfectly for lunch. I had Tom Yam and my husband had beef pie and chips. Friendly helpful service too.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Visited this cafe after walking past and noticing the lovely decor, was pleasantly surprised when I noticed the price of the specials and the buckets of beer (40 RM -very reasonable). The 3 course special was just over 20RM so one of each special was ordered for me and my partner. When the food arrived we couldn’t of been happier, large servings and good quality food.
Service was very good and pleasant , to top it off free Wi-FI was available so I even got the chance to check my emails.
PS - The home made chips and the Aussie beef pie are a must try.
We now eat at here whenever passing through the cap square area and find the food, service and value for money excellent.
Give it a try you won’t be disappointed

1  Thank JayvbKl
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I visited KL recently from Newcastle and found Café Magpie just the taste from home that I needed. The food was fantastic, very tasty and good value – so much so that I went back several times to try the pies, oxtail casserole, chilli hotdog and proper chips! The juices were also delicious [try the pure Mango juice which isn’t watered down]. I would recommend trying the 3 course [which worked at around £5GBP], and there’s also a very good deal on with the Tiger Beers – best I saw in KL.
The service also did not go unnoticed - you will feel welcome and very comfortable in a stylish atmosphere. I also hear football will soon be available to watch here so keep your eyes peeled.
I hope to return soon.