“Too bad too sad, Only One Person that makes difference..., why this bed and breakfast is so expensive? oh it's a hotel..”

Ranked #50 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 21 September 2012

It's located in the outer of Jalan Bukit Bintang, and your taxi driver will easily catch this hotel name, so it's not a new or difficult one. When you arrive in Kuala Lumpur Airport, make sure you check what kind of taxi that you like according to your need since they have different price depending how many passengers and luggge you have and of course beside the area (which is this one here is called Changkat Thambi Dolah Area). Please make sure you re check and aware of what you are asking or doing. The taxi rate is approximately like from MYR70-100 something and currency of exchange in airport is so low, better you change it at Money Exchange or locally said Pengurup Uang for better rate (1MYR=USD2.8 as of this date).

We stay at this hotel because we had situation with our apartment which located next to this hotel side by side. So we drag our suitcases and first impression, no one is there to greet or offer me for assistance for my suitcases, NO BODY, they are all busy chatting each other in their cubicle inside the hotel, very sorry to say this but this is the fact. You can only find over 10peoples outside which they are all the taxi drivers offering you the service, nor just security that pretty much won't do anything for you. Bang, my impression falls right there at the first sight.

Now, when we are at lobby, here we are, this is what I am going to tell everyone, this is what we call Positively Outrageous Service. So this man named Syalwari, he can't find my booking that made thru www.hotels.com , oh my... I had this experience before and it's a total chaos and now it happens again. Ok..., there is nothing that the hotel can do until I got this done from hotels.com And I begin to promise myself, not again..not again to make a booking thru www.hotels.com . Trust me, when this thing happen, you won't get any service expect to create new reservation and just pay there. So Mr.Syalwari shows me his up above and beyond service, although he gave me hotels.com customer service number, and he knows since I show him my Ipad about this hotel confirmation and he finally calls hotels.com and informed that system won't transmit the reservation to this hotel. OK.. and whose to blame?
While I am waiting at lobby, having some drinks and Syalwari does everything he can to help me, from the courtesy internet that he offers so he can see what I am saying is the truth.
And the staff at lobby lounge, 2 of those girls are so nice and polite and charming, the way they talk are so proffesional (forgot what their names). So finally Syalwari calls me and he said me due to this inconveneince, he upgraded me to Suite Room. It's very nice of him to do extra miles for me and the family. Furama Hotel needs to know that he is outstanding, because why? the rest of my stay experiencing not the same service like he offered me. Syalwari, you are awesome and keep your chin up, and show your colleagues that you can make the difference. And stays that way , don't change!!!.

Allrighty, next observation...
While I am trying to go to Bell Boy area and want to leave my bags there, and arrogantly this Bell Boy ask me, what's your room number, I said I don't have one, the reply is, Only with room number, so I said, I haven't got one and I pointed Syalwari, he will tell you once he assigns one for me. Oh Lordie, really guys? When I saw them grouping and chit chating each other won't care to customer around them, for me that's a total waste for business.

So I finally got my room set up and now, although the room is upgraded but originally I have superior room so my WiFi is not free. This is the other thing that you might want to consider if you stay in Kuala Lumpur and check for the room, and make sure you know if the WiFi is free or not, especially if you are in business and need it constantly, meanwhile you do not have a laptop with you that can use LAN system (whch is free in your room). Why I say this, because WIFI fee is not cheap. 2hours for 10MYR (1USD=2.925MYR as of this date) and 12hours for 30MYR., so if your room is cheap and you will get knocked out by the WiFi fee, so make sure you check how much the room, is it including breakfast or no, is there any Free WiFi or just LAN in the room? Then you can decide which suites you according to your budget. So, even I got upgraded but the service will be your original type of room... , like low cost carrier, it's cheap fare but nickel and dime everything else.

It's LGBT friendly.

Now at the room, the carpet seems tired and you can smell right away. That's need to be changed tho. The bed, here is another thing, The bed is hard as a brick, I am not a total firm bed fans. In the morning when I woke up, my back hurt and my stomach become bloated and headache because of it and I can't sleep at all one nite of my stay due to the bed is not comfortable at all. The AC makes noise too tho.
The toiletries are nice from Crab & Evelyn, and the shower, every morning when I take shower around 5:30am, the water has no pressure and No Warm Water and only cold available, brrrrr..
The rest in the room are pretty basic, which there is refrigerator and safety deposit available for no charge. The housekeeping apparently keep their great work around the room and doing his great job done every other day.

Now, the restaurant...
No greeting, nothing, I show up and questioned, Your Room Number...???
OK.., then I find my own table and guess what, no body attends you for asking you coffee or tea that I prolly like, and I look around only Milk and Skim Milk available but no coffee nor tea bags are available nor hot water around the table.
I like the variety of the food but the only thing that need to be addressed, seems the food are not wam at all, even the noodle soup, that soup not even warm.

Remember, that you need to slide in your key in the elevator when you want to go to your floor. Otherwise nothing happen..lol, and you don't get advised for this tho...

So, there is nothing that I feel proud of that Trip Advisor sticker was there with this kind of service renderred. I am not sure why Trip Advisor gave that seriously...., after experiencing this basic things during my stay. I can tell everyone loudly now that not everyone that works here is pleasant and nice. Ignorant that's the word. Instead, I am asking myself now, is Trip Advisor now giving away things??? For the $$$ amount that you spend and having this kind of service are not worth, sorry.

Room Tip: Ask the reception or concierge, please show me my room....
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank W0rldTravelAdvis0r
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear valued guest,

Firstly thank you for having taken the time to raise your concerns and most regrettable experience and please accept our sincere apologies for any unintentional inconvenience caused to you during your stay here with us.

Regarding the lack of service from the porters, we are sorry that they were inattentive during your arrival process and I have personally spoken to the Front Office Manager as well as the Chief Concierge as your case holds the utmost concern to us. The team have been counseled accordingly to ensure that the necessary measure have and will continue to be taken to ensure such incidences will not reoccur in the future.

We are also sorry that your dinning experience at our breakfast room did not meet with your expectations and again these were the lack in service standard and it's no excuse which has also been addressed.

On the other hand, we are glad to hear that Mr Syalwari has exceeded your expectations and this is certainly a role model to all our associates. In addition with that the lounge hostess were also happy to hear that they have made your stay a pleasant one.

We sincerely hope this will not deter you from selecting Furama Bukit Bintang when you next decide on your choice of venue and that you will reconsider visiting us in the near future.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Furama Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 September 2012

From a girl point of view, I like that it is located within walking distance from Berjaya Times Square, because I can shop there. It takes about 10 mins through small alleys across the hotel. But it is a bit far from the main entertainment centers, like the clubs and bars. The hotel looks quite new, or recently renovated. The rooms are pretty basic. It is simple and clean. Few things that you need to put in consideration before staying here are:
- They don't have smoking room
- No free wifi in the room, but its available in the public areas
- The pool is not that big and it's located in the restaurant area, which made it a bit too crowded and lacking of privacy
- I think it was quite noisy even when you are in the room. You can hear clearly people walking, or slamming the door
- the hot water didn't flow constantly (at least in my room it didn't)
Other than those, the breakfast buffet was ok. They have enough selection, but lacking of egg stations. So you'll have your eggs pre-made, which made it less appetizing. The food was edible, but not that great though. I would definitely choose to eat out for breakfast. Overall, I think the hotel was okay. Nothing great about it and I won't recommend this hotel to friends. Well, I guess if you're just looking for a place to sleep then it hotel will do.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anggun M
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Ms Anggun,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur. Feedback from our guests is integral to our quest for excellence.

We are very delighted to learn on your positive comments about the hotel, and these are much appreciated and have been communicated to the entire team at the hotel.

We at Furama, promotes a smoke free hotel thus smoking rooms are not available. Should one needs to take a puff, it can be done on the exterior part of the hotel where ashtrays are provided. The hotel provides free internet but as for wifi service, it is free from deluxe rooms category onwards. For Superior room wifi is chargeable. I've noted on the hot water consistency occurred at your room which the engineering team has attended to it and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Ms Anggun, the your feed backs are a source of inspiration for us, in achieving even higher standards of excellence in the future. Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and patronage.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Furama Bukit Bintang on your next to Kuala Lumpur.

Kind regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My friends and i stayed at this hotel from 15 Sept to 17 Sept to have a mini hens party celebration. We arrived at the hotel ard 1345 so itz just nice for check in. I was standing for 5-10mins in front of the front office lady but she seems not to notice me untill i actually greeted her with a 'Good Afternoon'. Check in took more than 15mins and she didnt even offer us a smile thru out the check in. She was serving us with a very long face. My first impression is already on the negative side. She didnt even gif us the correct info regarding the wifi. Front office staff do have to brush up on their service skills as they are the 1 giving the first impression to the guest.

Our room was nice n big since we booked the family room. Condition of room was okay but with slight leakage in the bathroom which i dont really mind. Breakfast was a wide spread. But difficult to get a seat as there were too many people. I must say the service in the breakfast room was good. Compliments to the lady chef (not sure if she is African or Nigerian) for her kind thoughts. She made my day by goin an extra mile. =)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yanti_A21
Dear Ms Yanti,

It was indeed a pleasure having you with us recently, may we take this opportunity to express our appreciation.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with regards to your recent stay.

Your comments are a valuable tool in our commitment to provide higher standards of service to our guest. It is gratifying when one of our guest takes the time to let us know of their satisfaction. We will certainly pass along your comments to our staff.

I appreciate the time that you took time to write and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back again should your future visits brings you to Kuala Lumpur.
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed there wit my partner from 15th Sept til 17th Sept 2012. They upgraded our rooms to the 25th floor, n it was very pleasing enough after a long flight. Rooms were clean and spacious. My only comment is the room keycard seems to have a problem.Wanted to go back to our room after bfast but the keycard doesn't work.we could access our floor which is the 25th floor from the lift. so i went down to the counter,the staff checked n says it is in workg order. so i tried again, stil unable to access. we managed to go to the 25th floor after a help from some of the hotel guest in the lift. When we reach our room, we thought the problem won't occur as in the lift, but it did. No access. Luckily the housekeeping lady was nearby so she open the door using her master key for us.

Other comment is the long wait for the lift during breakfast hours. it takes about 15-20minutes of waiting for the lift. 4 lifts in the hotel n stil we hv to wait long. Buffet breakfast was great, nice food but hard to get a table coz dat time the hotel was fully occupied..

But overall we stil enjoy our stay there. Will definitely be back again.. :)

Room Tip: you stil have to pay for wifi internet access, they only provide free wired internet access in the r...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank GB_Lange3579
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views with regards to your recent stay.

We, at Furama Bukit Bintang, strive to provide an experience equal to your expectations, therefore, the quality of the guest experiences are of the utmost importance to us. An intimate and objective knowledge of how we perform in the customer's eyes is critical in moving this hotel to a higher level.

Whilst compliments are nice to receive, it was always a disappointment to hear from our guest that their stay was not flawless. It is constructive criticism such as yours that help us take necessary corrective measures, bringing us closer to our goal. We apologize for the delay of the lifts as the hotel was operating at a maximum occupancy during that period of time. On the key card issue, we will certainly look into it.

I appreciate the time that you took time to write and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back again should your future visits brings you back to Kuala Lumpur.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Initially i was quite impress with the looks but the moment i approach the receptionist i was vastly dissapointed - not only did he not greet but he was very rude in response of my request to switch room - please do train your staff on soft skill and on 'how to be more respectful of others'' .. I am greatly disspointed :(

Check in on 18 sept 2012 @ around 10pm

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank rihashah
Dear Rihashah,

It was indeed a pleasure having you with us recently may we take this opportunity to express our appreciation.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with regards to your recent stay.

We, at Furama Bukit Bintang, strive to provide a experience equal to your expectations, therefore, the quality of the guest experiences are of the utmost importance to us. An intimate and objective knowledge of how we perform in the customer's eyes is critical in moving this hotel to a higher level.

I read with embarrassment that we have failed in our endeavor. There are very few words that can be used to rectify a situation after it has occurred other than to say we are sorry. We will certainly look into improving the service at the reception.

We look forward in welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I booked executive suite there. And their service was so amazing. Best service at hotel ever!! I love the room, so big. The living room is so comfortable. The bed is amazing. The executive lounge is the best. Open 7 am to 9 pm. I got complimentary coctails too, at 6 pm- 8 pm. Cool! Value for money. Only around 350rm, you can get the best service ever! The staffs are friendly, helpful, full of smiles. The location is ok, near Berjaya Times Square. Just walking distance, you can find Sungai Wang Plaza, Lot 10, Fahrenheit 88 and Pavilion. From Pavilion, you can walk through the bridge, to go to Twin Towers. Best hotel ever!!!! And they have these shuttle car to go to KLCC or Pavilion, but only one way, and only 3 times a day. I think they need more schedules, and better they add more times.

Room Tip: pick room with privileges to executive lounge. won't regret it.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 873yennyw
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear Ms Yenny,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience with us and special thanks for your support and the fantastic review - extremely delighted to hear you had a great experience.

All of us here look forward to welcoming you back when travel plans bring you to Kuala Lumpur again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 September 2012

we decided to book furama as we had stayed in one in bangkok whcih was great and as we were in KL for quite a few nightsthis seemed like a good place and realtively low cost. unfortunately as soon as we arrived the problems started .we asked to change rooms as the room config was no suitabel as we had an extra guest staying and were told a new key would l be brougth to the room. 20 mins later and my 3 year odl exhausted no key and then eventually the luggage person , who was very good and quite embarrassed by the whole thing went to get the key. We then went to the new room and the key did not work so waited another 15 min for it to be fixed. then the key did not work in the elevator and i saw this was an issue for many other people as well . be warned there is a bog problem with card keys in this hotel. in the room itself the shower was broken whcih was fixed and then the shower started leaking. The rooms are a little tired even though the hotel is relatively new. there is buffet in the spices restaurant and this is quite good value and the staff there are generally pretty good though I did meet one who was trying to cajole me into paying cash for my meal rather than charging to room presumable so he had more chance of getting a tip which irritated me . many times i rang up for service yet there was no urgency aroudn this and they often seemed o forget i had veen called . Finally on checking out i asked fo help with luggage and after 20 mins no one came so I rang again and after aother 10 mins no one came by whch time our taxi was already here. eventually i went to reception and todl them i needed to get my bags now after waiting about 40 mins.

Generally a hotel that needs a lot of imporvement.with the exception of the restaurant staff are generally unhelpful or completley lackin in any kind of knowledge around service. i wold not stay in this hotel again - there are much better options in KL even if you have to pay a little more money.

i wrote all of this down in feedback to the hotel but , of course heard nothing back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family