“Good hotel but need a little bit improvement”

Ranked #51 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Stay at this hotel during my transit in KL. I make last minutes booking through Expedia. I book on Superior + 1 X-bed. When i check in, they upgrade me to a Suite Room. Thank you that they upgrade me to a bigger room.
But suite room, their toilet need improvement. Toilet paper no holder to hang on the wall. Wash room need more place to hang bath tower, really cant find a place to hang 2 towers n clothes.
Bedroom aircond, cant control. Even i switch to 30degree, it still freezing. In end hv to off the aircond n use the living room area aircond only. We open the bedroom door during nite time cos bedroom aircond off.
Walking distance to Bukit Bintang Area via Jln Imbi small street.
Really rated as 3.5*, not 4*.

• Stayed: February 2013
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Phineyeo,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review following your stay at Furama Bukit Bintang. I was sad and sorry to read your comments regarding your experience at the hotel.

I note your comment in regards to the maintenance issues at your room especially the faulty toilet paper holder & aircond temperature. Whilst I am never proud to know that we have disappointed a guest, I am always grateful for the feedback so that we can react and improve.

I do hope that your travel schedule brings you back to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and I look forward to welcoming you again with us soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Write a ReviewReviews (2,323)

Reviewed 13 February 2013

When I got into the room
Amenities were not ready. No teethbrushes no slippers..hotel offered superir suite but it was just a big empty apt.
I wanted to change the room. But no room available. Next day, again no room available.
There was no option for me.
I booked the shuttle, but no space available.
My room's air condition is not working..
I would said this hotel as 3 star no no.. just 2 star hotel

• Stayed: February 2013
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Dear Mr Samuel Jong,

Thank you for sharing your insightful feedback regarding services at Furama Bukit Bintang. We also would like to thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

On behalf of the hotel management, I do sincerely apologize for any shortfall in our services particularly in the rooms expectations. Certain of the superior rooms amenities comes upon request such as toothbrush & sleepers. It's not that the hotel don't provide but we do extend upon request.

In regards of the room change and the shuttle service, in happened during Chinese New Year festive holidays where the hotel was operating at a 100% occupancy thus we were not able to accommodate the room change. In addition with that the shuttle service was also being filled up.

I've noted on the comments about the air-cond not functiong well and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will certainly look into rectifying the matter immediately.

We appreciate your time, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy New Year!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2013

The exterior of the property building was fine but the surrounding area was not. True, it is within walking distance to Times Square but the neighborhood was rough. You have to be alert & dress down a bit if you want to walk to the Golden Triangle area.

The hotel lobby was nicely decorated & front desk staff was polite, friendly & helpful. Our rooms were spacious and adequate.

The negatives were:
1. There was a faint damp smell throughout the property.
2. There was no complimentary wifi throughout the property.
3. The swimming pool which looked fantastic on photo but a letdown in reality.
4. The breakfast area got crowded at times.
5. The parking area for vehicle (thankfully complimentary) looked uncompleted & spaces were very tight.

I think Furama should make some improvements as the surrounding areas get more developed. Currently, the surrounding area are still undergoing redevelopment in the early stages.

For a budget stay, this hotel is adequate.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

The hotel is amazing. The staff is very good. The rooms are great. Rhe bathrooms are really good. Enjoyed my stay. The only drawback is some construction going on around and that makes it inconvenient to walk around.

• Stayed: January 2013
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Tarun S,

Thank you for your warm and generous review and for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor. I’m delighted to know that you had enjoyed your presentation of your room and this amazing hotel.

I note your comments in regards to the road construction along the road leading to the hotel. The town council is in the midst of upgrading the pathway hence in future the roads will be more accessible to other areas. I apologize for any inconveniences it may have caused.

I’m delighted to know that you were well taken care of during your stay just as you should be. I do hope that my team and I will have the pleasure to welcome you and your family again to Furama Bukit Bintang.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

We were greeted warmly by the staffs upon arrival. Checking in was a breeze and we were upgraded to the executive suite rooms. Everything falls in place nicely and my whole family loves the room. It was spacious and luxurious room. Everyone slept peacefully that we almost missed the breakfast which was form 6am to 9am. There were variety of food and they taste great!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Is13evil
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Is13evil,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It was great to know that you had such an enjoyable time and I am so pleased to read that you were so impressed with the staff and the service of the hotel. I have to agree that it is not just the service levels that is apparent but especially the genuineness and warmth of the service from all the staff that makes one feel so special. “Smiles from the Heart” is what we say exudes from all the wonderful people who make up the Furama Family!

We look forward in your next return to Furama Bukit Bintang.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

the bad things about this hotel included: poor cleanliness specialy sheets and toilets,worn- out furnitures,small size superior rooms,inappropriate pool situation,...
the best things were : various breakfast and nearness to times square mall and polite,helpful stuffs.
totally this hotel is much better than other 4star hotels with same price!!!

Room Tip: rooms near lifts not end of corridor
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sani_13
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Sani_13,

Thank you very much for sharing your review on your recent stay. Your feedback is highly appreciated as it helps us gauge where we stand with our service delivery.

We are certainly very glad to know that your stay, on the whole was a pleasant one.
We have definitely taken note of your comments on the room maintenance and can assure you that we will have remedial action plans in place to address the concerns highlighted.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else that we can assist with. I'm also glad to hear that you mentioned that Furama Bukit Bintang is much better then other 4 stars hotels.

We do look forward in welcoming you back once again.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

After we met a horrible thing at Citin PUDU...Now our friend bring us to look around and he recommended Furama Bukit Bintang and the Other one I can't remember a name (Both of them near Time Square Shopping Center.

SO Finally we choose Furama Bukit Bintang.

Walk-in Price was 400RM / per night
Booked throght AGODA was 180 RM / per night.

So we decide book throgh AGODA for 2 nights at here.

The room was great that suitable with 4 stars even we booked a superior room all the ametity was greater than the previous one.

all the things are perfect would recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Ammy_Wu,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward for your next visits.

Gerry D'cruz