“fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
manchester
“fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in Feb 2013. We paid for a deluxe room and got room 2411 it had a king size bed and views of the Menara and Petronus towers.it is ideally situated less than 5 minutes walk from Imbi sky train stop and behind TIme square so close enough for amazing food but not noisy at all. The breakfast was buffet style with freshly made eggs and waffles, omelettes, interpreters fruit, beans and chicken sausage, also a variety of pastries and Malaysian noodles and rice and decent speculated coffee. The hotel is in Bunkit Bintang about 5-10 minutes from the main bars and street food market street. We would recommend this hotel to anyone, it's perfectly 'll as placed for visiting China town and Petronus towers.

Room Tip: Room 2411 has brilliant views
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank manchesterl76
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Manchester176,

Thank you for your recent stay and providing us with your compliments. We are glad to hear that you were happy with the hotel location, facilities and our employees. Our hotel location is certainly one of our competitive strengths.

In order to provide our guests with a good meal during breakfast, we had included a wider variety at our buffet to choose from. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed our selections.

I’m delighted to know that you were well taken care of during your stay just as you should be. I do hope that my team and I will have the pleasure to welcome you and your family again at Furama Bukit Bintang should your future visits brings you to Kuala Lumpur again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

Usual CNY KL trip that is unforgetable. Hotel is at a great location, big rooms as we had a family room, overlooking berjaya times square, kl menara n petronas twin towers... Not forgeting saw few fireworks at eve CNY.
Positive to add= great conceirge esp Mr. Azmi, thank u for ur guide n helps, and surprise to receive a feedback call from Ms. Huda on our stay. Pleasant n helpful staff. 5 mins walk to berjaya. The staff even wore cheongsam to add to e festive mood.. Cheers...

Things to improve= breakfast was too pack, people just stroll in and out easily.. Too noisy as tables are too near w each other n e location of e pool is too near to the diners.. We also reported that e hall window wa unable to be lock n latch, not safe to my 2 yr old daughter... Move away e chairs from e window. We had flickering lights reported but fixed later not immediately n lastly...shock that had no toothbrush... We had to buy one at a store opposite of e hotel..

Overall.. Will love to come to e hotel again.. the staff of furama jus make our stay homely.. Cheers..

Dear Muliady,

Thank you for your taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang.
I’m delighted to know that you have spend a splendid Chinese New Year in Kuala Lumpur & I do hope that this is a memorable one too.

I’m delighted to know that our staff took good care of you during your stay – just as it should be. I will definitely share your comments to them.

I acknowledge the issue you had encountered with the service at the restaurant during breakfast. I understand that this has bought much inconvenience. As it was during a festive public holidays the hotel was operating at a maximum occupancy hence the breakfast room was crowded.

We are committed to continuously enhancing our product experience and I have reviewed these comments with our team of engineering in terms of the issues f the flickering room lights. As for the comments on toothbrushes, it is provided upon request for our superior rooms.

Once again, thank you for your detailed feedback. My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family again to Furama Bukit Bintang.

Warmest regards,

Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Stay at this hotel during my transit in KL. I make last minutes booking through Expedia. I book on Superior + 1 X-bed. When i check in, they upgrade me to a Suite Room. Thank you that they upgrade me to a bigger room.
But suite room, their toilet need improvement. Toilet paper no holder to hang on the wall. Wash room need more place to hang bath tower, really cant find a place to hang 2 towers n clothes.
Bedroom aircond, cant control. Even i switch to 30degree, it still freezing. In end hv to off the aircond n use the living room area aircond only. We open the bedroom door during nite time cos bedroom aircond off.
Walking distance to Bukit Bintang Area via Jln Imbi small street.
Really rated as 3.5*, not 4*.

Dear Phineyeo,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review following your stay at Furama Bukit Bintang. I was sad and sorry to read your comments regarding your experience at the hotel.

I note your comment in regards to the maintenance issues at your room especially the faulty toilet paper holder & aircond temperature. Whilst I am never proud to know that we have disappointed a guest, I am always grateful for the feedback so that we can react and improve.

I do hope that your travel schedule brings you back to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and I look forward to welcoming you again with us soon.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

When I got into the room
Amenities were not ready. No teethbrushes no slippers..hotel offered superir suite but it was just a big empty apt.
I wanted to change the room. But no room available. Next day, again no room available.
There was no option for me.
I booked the shuttle, but no space available.
My room's air condition is not working..
I would said this hotel as 3 star no no.. just 2 star hotel

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Mr Samuel Jong,

Thank you for sharing your insightful feedback regarding services at Furama Bukit Bintang. We also would like to thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

On behalf of the hotel management, I do sincerely apologize for any shortfall in our services particularly in the rooms expectations. Certain of the superior rooms amenities comes upon request such as toothbrush & sleepers. It's not that the hotel don't provide but we do extend upon request.

In regards of the room change and the shuttle service, in happened during Chinese New Year festive holidays where the hotel was operating at a 100% occupancy thus we were not able to accommodate the room change. In addition with that the shuttle service was also being filled up.

I've noted on the comments about the air-cond not functiong well and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will certainly look into rectifying the matter immediately.

We appreciate your time, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy New Year!

Warmest Regards,

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

The exterior of the property building was fine but the surrounding area was not. True, it is within walking distance to Times Square but the neighborhood was rough. You have to be alert & dress down a bit if you want to walk to the Golden Triangle area.

The hotel lobby was nicely decorated & front desk staff was polite, friendly & helpful. Our rooms were spacious and adequate.

The negatives were:
1. There was a faint damp smell throughout the property.
2. There was no complimentary wifi throughout the property.
3. The swimming pool which looked fantastic on photo but a letdown in reality.
4. The breakfast area got crowded at times.
5. The parking area for vehicle (thankfully complimentary) looked uncompleted & spaces were very tight.

I think Furama should make some improvements as the surrounding areas get more developed. Currently, the surrounding area are still undergoing redevelopment in the early stages.

For a budget stay, this hotel is adequate.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

The hotel is amazing. The staff is very good. The rooms are great. Rhe bathrooms are really good. Enjoyed my stay. The only drawback is some construction going on around and that makes it inconvenient to walk around.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Tarun S,

Thank you for your warm and generous review and for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor. I’m delighted to know that you had enjoyed your presentation of your room and this amazing hotel.

I note your comments in regards to the road construction along the road leading to the hotel. The town council is in the midst of upgrading the pathway hence in future the roads will be more accessible to other areas. I apologize for any inconveniences it may have caused.

I’m delighted to know that you were well taken care of during your stay just as you should be. I do hope that my team and I will have the pleasure to welcome you and your family again to Furama Bukit Bintang.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

We were greeted warmly by the staffs upon arrival. Checking in was a breeze and we were upgraded to the executive suite rooms. Everything falls in place nicely and my whole family loves the room. It was spacious and luxurious room. Everyone slept peacefully that we almost missed the breakfast which was form 6am to 9am. There were variety of food and they taste great!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Is13evil
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear Is13evil,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It was great to know that you had such an enjoyable time and I am so pleased to read that you were so impressed with the staff and the service of the hotel. I have to agree that it is not just the service levels that is apparent but especially the genuineness and warmth of the service from all the staff that makes one feel so special. “Smiles from the Heart” is what we say exudes from all the wonderful people who make up the Furama Family!

We look forward in your next return to Furama Bukit Bintang.