Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 March 2017

A few friends and I stayed two nights here. The staff was great and on the surface it looks great-- and the location is amazing. The bunk room for 6 persons was incredibly small and the communal bathroom wasn't the cleanest. And when we left two of my companions had bed bugs. No bueno.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank KayKryn
josepT3770WU, Manager at Fernloft Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Thanks for your valuable comments, we are sorry that you did not have a great stay at Fernloft due to bed bug. At Fernloft, we make sure that the housekeeping staff keeps the place clean and we do have our monthly pest control that come to check n spray the beds. Hope your next visit, you will enjoy your stay. Sorry again and thank from Fernloft team.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

One of the ladies at the reception is not friendly at all, at my question "how do I get to Kl Sentral at night? ", she answered "I have no idea"; everytime I asked for information they had to make grumpy faces.
Room was ok, toilets and facilities average, wifi is very slow and most of the time it doesn't work if you are on a different floor than the reception.
Cleaning guy from Sri Lanka very friendly, helpful and efficient!

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

I booked and fully paid for Fernloft after reading the reviews albeit there were some negative ones. I arrived approximately at 1pm thinking I could check in because the website states check in is at 9am. I was told that it's actually 2pm which wasn't a big deal but I showed the receptionist the site just to make sure. I left the dark lobby area to grab something to eat and then returned looking forward to a clean private room. I was given sheets to make the bed, paid to rent a towel and was then given the key to my room. If I'm honest the place on first impressions didn't feel clean or welcoming. But I decided I was going to hold my judgement until I entered my room. It was tiny and smelt really bad. The mattress (no exaggeration) was thin, dirty and had a hole in it. The pillow was filthy and it made me feel uneasy especially after spotting some bugs on the bed. I didn't bother putting on the sheets because I simply wasn't going to just put up with it and have a couple of uncomfortable nights. So I grabbed everything and went to the reception, I said I wasn't expecting a refund I just want my deposit back for the key and the money for the towel as I had not used it. I explained my reasons...filthy room, stain on sheets, funny smell, holes in the wall, bugs, inadequate mattress, dirty pillow. She didn't look at me and asked one of the staff to the queen room, I rejected this but she asked me to have a look, it was better but I rejected nonetheless because it's just not acceptable. I got my things and left. Remember that I had fully paid for my room for two nights. They obviously don't read the reviews or just don't care. Absolutely shambolic. I would not let my dog stay there. Disgraceful.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I'd met a girl in plane and we've become friends. And because she had already booked this hostel and I didn't have any on my own... I went there with her.
First impressions was quite ok.
But then...
We received bed bed sheets to do our bed on our own. Ok. I can do that.
But... We'd stayed in dorm with maybe 20 other people. The smell there was really bad. But the worse were even beds and mattresses. The whole place seemed really dirty. Bathrooms were dirty really horribly.
The air-condition was running on so low temperature that even with 3 layers of clothes and 2 covers I was freezing the whole night.
And when we tried to ask to do something about that at reception, the guy told us that it's not possible because air-condition is broken.
The only thing that I can give positive point is the sitting at roof. Otherwise, I strongly recommend NOT TO GO THERE!!

Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank Lum1137
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

This hostel is good for any kind Travelers. It is clean and the staff is friendly and they will help you with your questions. Really helpful. It's to pasar seni and Chinatown where you can enjoy shopping and explore the area. This you can buy souvenir in a very good price too.

Date of stay: August 2016