“Beyond disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #218 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Sydney, Australia
“Beyond disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Disgusting does not even begin to explain this place. We checked into hotel ambassador after a long day of travel, made our way to our room on the 6th floor. there where people (appeared to be staff or residents) sitting in the hallway, old shoes in the way and the smell of cigaret smoke was overwhelming. We opened our room to find noting but a bed and about 30cm of free space either side of the bed all of the windows had been closed up and the smell of cigaret was sickening. The bathroom was tiny and the shower floor was brown when the tiles should have been cream. The bed sheets where covered in stains and there was a pair of old dirty thongs thrown on the floor... We connected straight to the wifi to find another hotel which took about half hour because of the Internet speed and checked out straight away. We where only refunded 1 of the 3 days we had paid for..

We saw the bad reviews but gave this place benefit of the doubt, worst mistake I've made.. You couldn't pay me to stay here.. By all means I am not a fussy person but this hotel was disgraceful.
Do not stay here you will be very disappointed..

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AZiolo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel last saturday& checked out on sunday..I usually stay at the capitol hotel or grand seasons but since it was the weekend most hotels were fully booked so I decided to try this hotel based on the recommendation at tripadvisor. The room though small and window got stuck n tv plug was lose(waiting for someone to be electrocuted)it was okay since it was only a 1 night stay but was really pissed me off was the truly rude male staff I spoke to on the phone..I accidently left my favourite sweater in the room cupboard and only remembered that I left in the cupboard the next day and I immediately called around 10pm to inform them if I could collect it this friday but imagine my surprise when the male staff rudely informed me " we're not sure if your sweater is still there because there was another guest after your check out"!! What ruBbish! Aren't your housekeeping staff suppose to check all the amenities in the room before releasing the room ?? I work in the hotel industry too and there are many other budget hotel which are more corteous that that male staff! When I insisted that the sweater is there, he kept asking what proof I have and when I told him the description of my sweater, he started interrupting me & actually shouted at me! EXcuse me? Should I open your hotel's cctv to prove that my sweater was there? Can't believe you hire such rude thieves as staffs!!! No hospitality at all, isn't worth paying RM180 room only per night!!! My lost sweater costs more that your room!!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Su D

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is located in Bukit Bintang, good location. Not hard to find. There are malls, eateries around the hotel. Emporium mall was just a 5 minute walk away and you can find the Food Republic below the mall where you can choose different kinds of foods. The staffs are friendly and approachable. The room was clean, nice bed. Nice bathroom. Fast speed wifi. Good price. They clean the room everyday. 7/11 is just across the hotel.

All in all, the hotel was not bad. We will comeback again in Kuala Lumpur and stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank WallaceA2
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very strategic located in the center of Bukit Bintang area. Shooping malls, restaurants, cafes, monorail station, bus stop are located within walking distance. Alor street also not to far to reach on foot. The hotel is clean and equipped with basic necessities but not toothbrush (wonder why?) Free drinking water is available at the ground floor next to the elevator. The staff is friendly. Definitely will be back !!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Edwin S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Very basic but clean. Nice beds. Good and friendly service. And the location is just superb. There is a 7/11 across the street and many shopping malls just few minutes away. Good value for money. Wifi was good. Would stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gusse C
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

The biggest advantage of Ambassador is its location. Located right in the center of bukit bintang, it is a value for money deal.
Hotel is clean and internet works like magic.
They have competitive rate, staff is friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Sunil0217
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed for two nites at the end of August, during their independence day. A very straight-forward, hassle-free accomodation, if you need somewhere to crash for the night.
Rooms are pretty clean. A lil bit old in almost everything, such as towels, blankets, bedsheet, tv...but it does the job well, I must say. But dint expect to watch tv most of the time, coz its pretty an old model and out of ten, only four channels are available. Rooms are big enough for luggages and for you to move around.
Toilet is small and a lil bit dimly lit, but hey, I did my 'bizness', shower and brush my teeth with ease. A lil uncomfortable, but did its job perfectly. Supplied soap, shampoo and shower foam too, but no toothbrush/toothpaste, comb and everything else.
Location wise, I feel like I'm in the Middle East. Arabic restaraunts and people almost everywhere near the hotel. There's Pizza Hut nextdoor on its right and Texas Fried chicken nextdoor on its left. But then again, the hotel is perfectly located right-smack in the middle of Bukit Bintang. Walking distance to almost everywhere. Berjaya Time Square, Lot 10, Sungei Wang, Farenheit, Pavillion, H&M, uniqlo, Sephora, and even KLCC! Unless you wanna go further, like Masjid India, Petaling Street aka Chinatown, u gotta get a cab, which is like almost everywhere.
Overall, THE Best hotel for short stayers and back-packers. Not for those who intend to stay long and with huge families, despite their attractive price. A better 2/3-star rated, budget hotel compared to the rest!
Two words: strongly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013