“Just simple problem while check in”

Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #76 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Just simple problem while check in”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My experienced with this hotel is wonder full though got trouble with the hotel receptionist at point of check in. I check in at 3.05 p.m. that day and what a shock i been told by the receptionist that my room is not ready and they cant give me any estimate time when it will available. Besides, they did not accept Visa Debit card for deposit. The trainee receptionist did question me on how im going to pay the deposit cause they have this kind of policy. I did not think this kind of attitude is good for receptionist, instead of asking like that she should suggest me some kind of solution.
The room, in orders hand is big and very spacious. The only thing i would say the hotel can improved is like maintaining the quality of the room, such as make sure every lamp can be used and there is no smudge on the carpet, wall or wardrobe.

Room Tip: High floor, Klcc view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Danialtalib.

We are sorry for the slight confusion on check in with our trainee. Certainly one of our supervisors should have come to assist you during the check in process. We do try to encourage our trainees to have the confidence of dealing with our customers directly and not feel shy in engagement with them,. However, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay particularly the sixe of the room with its many comforts.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on some future occasion.
Ian Hurst

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Really nice hotel and find the staff are nice, until we found we had prescription medication taken from the room. Went to the reception and of course they did not understand! I said it had been taken from the room but they were not interested. As the medication was for blood thinning tablets it was really serious!. The room maid denied taking it of course but searched the room high and low, not to be found. Please be careful and aware.

4 Thank tanya h
Dear Tanya H.
Thank you for your comments. I am aware of the investigation and certainly our security team and duty management were involved. The report was logged into our security investigation and a thorough attempt undertaken to find the medicine. It is a serious offense to steal in Malaysia and the associates are advised and cautioned on their job responsibilities. We take the stand where the law clearly states that innocence prevails until guilt is proven. There is certainly no attempt to remove prescription drugs that require a particular medicinal requirement and certainly as we continue to follow up all individuals on our housekeeping team are innocent. We have instances where good reported lost are found by the individual having forgotten that they had placed the article in another section of their luggage.
We look forward to keeping you informed and to following up.
We also hope you will continue to enjoy the hotel for its comforts and relaxation on a future occasion
Ian HUrst
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed 4 nights on business trip during November; large and well-furnished bedroom & sitting room, a wide selection of pillows, flat TV in both rooms, clean and well serviced, bathroom with tub & shower corner, free internet, friendly & helpful personnel, and finally good breakfast, all with a reasonable price. What else you need for a comfortable stay? This is certainly the place I will choose for my next stay in KL.
The only disadvantage is hotel location requiring taxi to move around, unless you choose to go to little India, a walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Nabil A
Thank you for your excellent comments and for your support of the hotel during your stay. The breakfast has a vast array of spectacular dishes and for the price paid is indeed well worth while to treat yourself and your family. We look forward to welcoming you back on some near occasion and to your continuing enjoyment.
Best wishes
Sydney
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Normally we fly via Dubai, stopping-over on the return journey to Sydney. This time it was Kuala Lumpur's turn with Malaysian Airlines and the 12 hour flight times were just about perfect. Leaving Paris at midday and arriving early [the next] Malaysian, with the body clock telling us it was midnight in Paris … just a long day!
The direct train service between the airport and KL Sentral was very efficient taking just 35 minutes, with a ten minute taxi ride to the hotel.
We had not visited Kuala Lumpur for some six years and it's still not a 'pedestrian friendly' experience, with roads dominating the landscape and pavements below standard, thus emphasising the quite oasis of the hotel. If you are fortunate, enough visit the excellent restaurant and if a cigar smoker the dedicated Cigar Lounge!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GSirett
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear GSirett

Really appreciate your maximum star rating of the hotel and your confidence and support of the services offered by the hotel in its restaurant and its award winning cigar divan, which we believe is the Best in Asia. Sorry about the city, however the public transport on the metro meters away from the hotel takes you to some of the finest and best priced shopping in the world and one must take this opportunity if time permits! The tropical heat does get to most Europeans and walking requires a determined approach, but well worth it, as the hotel is surrounded by tourist attractions, such as the Blue Mosque, the oldest Catholic Cathedral in KL, as well as China Town with all its special offers and the architecture of the near by railway station is a photo opportunity!

Do tell your friends about us and we will ensure the "welcome" and the stay is superb!

Look forward to your return very soon with an opportunity to change your mind on Kuala Lumpur!

Sampit, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on the 12th of november 2013. after arriving from bangkok to the time that it was night, met with check-in staff who do not greet you and no smile at all to you . I showed platinum membership card and hope given the best western policy of check-in staff for a room upgrade for free, but she did not touch my card and only answer "tidak bisa". I stay at furama than a week ago , which I supposedly was not a member, there staff are very welcome and I was given an upgrade in the suite room for free and without me asking ! !
from here I just found out a member best western useless .

atmosphere of the room and the bed was the only positive point .
check-in staff were arrogant, check-out the staff like as student internships and again with no smile at all and do not greet you, an ordinary breakfast, the location of the hotel away from the crowds, I will not stay there again. not surprised to see the facebook page always count on the food in the restaurant and the atmosphere in the pub, rather than his hotel facility

Room Tip: no need to tired to show your membership card, because it is not useful to get a room upgrade for fr...
4 Thank Wie T
Dear Wir T

Oh Dear! This is a concern and certainly the expectation in the middle of the night is a warm and friendly welcome. I have discussed this with our team and our management and suggest it was just a "one off occasion". Certainly, I do not pass it off lightly and the Welcome message on arrival should be about friendliness and a 'broad smile of Welcome"! As with the airlines an upgrade is permitted if the upgrade is available. I note that the hotel was at its maximum capacity and therefore the upgrade would not have been possible. I will make a note however for your next visit to seek availability if at all possible.
Appreciate your comments and your feedback.
Yours sincerely
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Staf and Management was rude and unhelpful when i lost my camera at the lobby area. I will now put it as gotten Stolen. Requested immediately to the management for assistance and to check their CCTV but was told i'm not allow to view it and they'll carry out their own investigation. Unfortunately after waited half a day, they called back and answered "we don't know" what happen, yet still would not show me the CCTV as I'm getting really suspicious as to who stole it, could be only 2 possibility as there was only one guest couple and some hotel staff around during that time. Finally that night I went over to the police station and spent 3 hours making a report and thought i was lucky when the Investigation Officer followed me back to Investigate, we were both really curious bout the CCTV. Unfortunately the management of Best western again not only disrespect but block the officer from carrying out his duty and to view the CCTV recordings giving reasons that he will need to wait till the next day to follow some hotel procedures. It really makes me very angry as not only are they not helping and unprofessional but covering up a CRIME is really bad. Till today I'm still in disbelieve as how can an international hotel chain close an eye on this matter or trying to sweep it under the carpet? That's the impression they've given me frankly to say. A big shame to those who tried to ignore my plea to them for assistance and pretend the camera disappeared on it's own. Best Western has a good name to it but if the front line is run by some irresponsible staff, it definitely won't last. IF someone took it, it's STOLEN and it's a crime. Please investigate properly and let the police do their job. Saying "don't know" and ignoring it is so wrong. Show me the CCTV recording, prove my suspicions wrong else shame on you.

8 Thank leeeuxian
Dear Leeluxian.

Whilst I understand the aggravation caused by the Loss of your Camera in the Hotel Lobby and which must be costly to you in the loss of your photographs as well as the cost of the camera itself, I must very politely confirm the following to you. The hotel has spent considerable time itself in trying to find your camera. Also, you have spent considerable time with the police in asking for assistance suggesting perhaps that some one has taken it and still yet still to be proved. CCTV camera information by law cannot be displayed publicly for privacy reasons. As a hotel we are not permitted to show footage of our guests for privacy reasons. Also we employ security officers to complete this task and this remains in their jurisdiction of responsibility. We were expecting the police to be available to discuss further with you, but they are busy too and arrived yesterday after you had departed, to take a copy of the tape to view further and carry out their own independent investigation.

I'm afraid you have taken the matter too personally and not allowed the investigation authorities to do their job. In fairness the hotel has done its very best to assist you and continues to do its best in assisting the police in its investigations regarding your missing camera left behind by yourself in the lobby of the hotel.

These matters do take time and please allow the authorities the benefit of their experience and the know how to carry out their duties to the best of their ability.

As a hotel we are very sorry you lost your camera in a public area of the hotel. We await the police report and their comment on the matter to ascertain further actions moving forwards.

As a hotel too,we do care and believe we have tried our best to assist you in this matter and will of course continue to do so.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I checked-in on Nov 9th, and will be leaving today afternoon. During check-in, I was asked to make a deposit of 300RM for the minibar, which I refused since I won't be taking any items from the minibar anyways. The receptionist serving me needs more training in customer service, as she looked annoyed (which I find unacceptable since she is working in a hospitality environment). Upon entering my room (2 bedroom executive suite), I immediately feel comfortable due to its cosiness.

The location is not great though, and the free shuttle is not frequent. Since this hotel is relatively new, many taxis do not know the location (or maybe they don't want to take us to the hotel?).

Breakfast was good for me. And the pool was okay. The view is not something to die for, but it's definately not the hotel's fault.

There's also transfers to several locations, but I was annoyed when they wanted to charge us more than the displayed/published rates (you don't only get ripped off from the local taxis here, but from the hotel too!). So I declined.

My experience in Kuala Lumpur is not really great (I hate the city), but I feel relaxed whenever I get back from exploring this god-forsaken city.

Btw, the staff need to smile more!! Please, if you can't make guests feel welcome, then please don't get into the hospitality industry.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank DaemonChylde
Dear DaemonChylde

I appreciate your annoyance at being asked for a deposit and especially the receptionist who could have been more welcoming to you. The matter of the check in procedure continues to be discussed appropriately and certainly a welcoming smile is an absolute expectation on arrival. Most hotels around the world do ask for a credit card on check in to cover additional expenses and for those clients who do not carry a card, a cash advance, normally set by the hotel as part of their own internal credit procedures is requested.
Again apologies for any rudeness that might have been inadvertently presented. In Malaysia we are known for our smiles and our welcome.
Please do return and we will make a difference, we promise!
General Manager.