“Fine and Creative”

Ranked #562 of 4,564 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Price range: US$37 - US$62
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chef Nathalie, with the help of a local partner, has opened her second restaurant downtown KL where she'll continue to surprise you with her french modern cuisine and a menu changing every 2 months.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The + : The chef is creative. He wants to surprise you! The flavour of the food is so fine!I t's a real French restaurant of nouvelle cuisine. Very good !
The - : It's really a shame that a so good restaurant has a so sad décor! Very sad
The French wines could be better

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Had our fifth year anniversary there to try the gourmet food festival menu because my wife said the pictures looked pretty. She ordered the full festival menu with wine pairing and I had ala carte.

As my wife's menu had 6 courses, they gave me free identical tasting starter and sherbet palate cleanser. The steak tartar with quail egg on toast was nice but the toast over powered and sucked the moisture out of the bite sized starter. The potato soup was creamy and well seasoned. The crab meat on the sesame cone tasted only of the sesame seed. Either way I won't complain on getting free taster sampler.

My starter the apple and quince tart tartan with duck liver and apple reduction plus segments. Tasted extra ordinary. Mild sweetness of the fruits and the savoury liver was balanced just right.

The palate cleanser was grapefruit with pop rocks sherbet. Very innovative and fun.

Main course I ordered milk fed veal with some herby side. The veal tasted awesome. One bite and I was ecstatic. Needless to say I finished it without caring that it came with some blend herby crepe rolls.

My wife enjoyed her menu except for the king fish which is only on the migf event menu. The wine pairing wasn't done very well especially for a heavy red wine with crispy sea bass... I guess they expected everyone to choose the steak.

Ambiance wise isn't much, feels like nothing special especially for what we paid for. We could have eaten at any next door Shangri-la exquisite restaurants and pay for valet. There were mosquitos even in the fully air conditioned restaurant.

All in all, I'd go again but I'd try all the other restaurants in KL first.

1  Thank megslovesnadia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I must admit, I have never been a fan of gallic cuisine for mostly tasted too bland for my palate having been spoilt by the the intense flavour of our local Asian food.
After having read glowing accolades on Nathalie crafts, I decided to indulge.
Nathalie hails from Sud Quest region in France which is famed for its robust flavour and if France is famous for its cuisine, then South West region is the kitchen the home of Perigord foie gras, black truffes and roquefort cheese,
for the starter we have the amuse bouche which come with a oyster shooter, escagot and onion soup. the most memorable of the trio was the onion soup, its so intensely flavoured, almost essence like due to the long painstaking reduction even though in a with a petite serving, I am completely overwhelmed.
Next was the foie gras served with brioche. the presentation was a work of art. the brioche was superd, buttery that melts in my mouth. The foie gras was done just right, lightly seared. crispy and fragrant and the texture is creammy smooth.
For the main, I opted for Duck confit which is the signature of the Gascon cuisine in the south west region. During my quest for this particular dish, I had many disappointment with many average to mention but Nathalie[s confit was just perfect.
Just the right amount of saltiness, the skin was crispy and fragrant and the texture is gamey and succulent. flawless execution, i doubt anyone can improve on this time honoured traditional dish which is the quintessential of french cooking.
The desserts were excellent and the heavenly macaroons were divine.

5 stars for asthetique
5 stars for execution
5 stars for texture & flavour

I left the restaurant completely satisfied eventhough my budget is streIcthed and I have to live with with bread and water for the next one week

Cet la Vie!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

KL is not the home of fine dining and good food prepared with quality ingredients - Except at Cuisine Gourmet.

The amuse bouche was superb and the threee taste entree was similalry excellent. What impressed us was the modern twist and superb ingredients which is so often lacking in restaurants in Asia.

Our main course were both medium in size and light to the palate. The wine list is okay but not extensive though the wines we selelcted were both well balanced and complimentary.

The ambiance of the restuarant is not initimate but the lighting and furniture larlgey overcome this drawback. Will try it for lunch as the outdoor area and service suggest it would be a good efficient lunch venue

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We have been to the restaurant 5 times over the last 3 months. The restaurant is located about 5 minutes walk from our apartment. It is a bit off from the main tourist spots but easily walkable from the twin towers. The husband and wife are both chefs from France but have lived in Asia for more than 10 years. It dose not have a long list menu but changes every couple of months. My favorite dishes there are appetizer from foie gras and beef tenderloin. Also, the Chet's small compliments are always delightful. A dinner for two runs about 400RM including two glasses of wines. I found it quite reasonable comparing to other fine dinning places for the quality of food. This is the place i would take friends and clients.

1  Thank USCHRU