“Nice new hotel in central location”

Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar
Ranked #40 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Cindy Y, Hotel Manager at Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Cindy Y, Hotel Manager at Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Reviewed 21 June 2014

When you step into a hotel like Pullman, you wish to be treated well. But, in my recent stay here, it was the total opposite. I stayed with my elderly mother. I wanted her to have a good impressive trip, but the experience left a bad impression.

While the service was still efficient, the receptionists were not friendly, or courteous. We had bad experiences both during the check-in and check-out. My mother felt staff were judgmental about the guests, and selected who they wished to offer their good service to. Well, if that is the real mindsets of the staff, I bet this hotel needs to provide better service training to all their staff.

In the lift, the staff also did not greet, or even acknowledge us. There was one time when the staff were chatting endlessly about something that they were unhappy about. They were oblivious that there were guests in the lift with them. Out of the numerous staff that we saw on the lift, only ONE staff was ever forthcoming, and friendly. Now I wish I have asked his name, because he deserves the best service-minded staff award in Pullman.

The buffet breakfast was refilled slowly during the both mornings that we were there. Maybe it was just our luck that we saw many empty dishes when we were at the restaurant.

Nonetheless, Pullman still offers a solid hardware. The bed was comfortable, and the sleep was worthwhile. The room was well maintained. Yes, the housekeeping staff did their work well. They greeted us when we met them on the floor.

So, I guess overall, my particular stay was poor due to the service standards. I expect a 5 stars property like Pullman to give excellent, attentive service. But, if you want efficient and no-frill stay (with little expectations of service), Pullman is still a good choice for a good night sleep. Oh yes, the location is very unfriendly. This, with the poor service, means that I will not be staying here ever again, and would look for better hotels elsewhere.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better. Ask for rooms facing the Universiti station, and the highway.
1  Thank Oscar T

Dear Oscar T

Greetings from Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar!
I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us for our improvments and rest assured we looking into these shortfalls for future improvements.
I hope that you will consider coming back again to allow us to show you the other side of service from Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar and should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at h7962-GM1@accor.com.
I look forward to welcoming you back again to Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar.
Best regards

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I attended a conference, but I didn't not stay at the hotel.
The only thing I need to point out is that they can do a much better job with the food at the buffet.
One day, the same food served for lunch was available again for dinner, with the exception of the soup.

They also need to get their facts straight when hosting big groups cause the first day we were told that we had to pay drinks on our own during lunch and dinner. However, the second night we found out that was not the case.

Dear gcatucci

Greetings from Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar!

I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us for our improvements and rest assured we looking into these shortfalls for future improvements.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Room is spacious and nice, yoga mat and dumbbell for exercise included. It's centrally located next to Federal Highway, conveniently accessible to KL, or PJ. Food quality for buffet dinner needs improvement, few items were overcooked or undercooked, fish balls for noodles were smelly and not fresh.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean W

Dear Sean W

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar!

Thank you so much! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here. Your positive comments will only motivate us in delighting all our guests further. I am also looking into the Food and Beverage point with my Executive Chef for improvements.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back here in Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar.

Should you require any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at H7962-GM1@accor.com

Thank you and best wishes to you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This Hotel will be in my mind for the years to come, the high ceiling and decor caught my eyes and heart. Everything is well placed for the convenience of guest. The bell staff was great and very forthcoming.The lunch at the coffee house was very good, i love the prawn sambal and the grilled prawn and the service staff were very attentive . The rooms are very spacious and comfortable and we had a good sleep.

All the staff's were great, shuttle to Mid Valley was very convenient and a shopping mall you need a week to finish.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. Great Hotel, Cheers!.

1  Thank muthu6820

Dear Muthu6820

Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar!

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back here in Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar.

Thank you and best wishes to you.