“Great value great food”

Arthur’s Bar & Grill
Ranked #104 of 4,649 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: American, Asian, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Arthur's Bar & Grill is the "Manhattan style" Bar & Grill outlet offering a large variety of drinks as well as a selection of International and Local specialties in a relaxed environment with live broadcast sports event throughout the day. A la carte lunch & dinner menu served: 12noon - 2:30pm & 6:30pm - 10:30pm Snack menu available throughout until 12midnight. Children below 18 years old are accommodated till 5.30 pm only.
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have been going to Arthur's Bar many times over the past 2-3 years. For those who cannot find it, it is inside Shangrila Hotel on the 1st Floor. The price seems expensive but for me it is good value because I have a discount card. The best food I have had there is the Angus Prime Rib. It boasts to have been aged for 120 days at RM78 before tax. Its the best I have had. Tender and done just perfectly and huge. I would think the portion of beef was more than 500g with. Considering the they type and portion, it is very good value. Waiters are friendly and polite. I can't wait to go back there again!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Normally I don't lijke to eat in restaurants in the hotel where I am staying. But this time I didn't want to go out and decided to have a small meal in Arthur's Bar and Grill in the Shangri-La hotel. I wasn't disappointed. The saté was excellent and juicy. The burger was large and perfectly grilled. And the service was excellent. And for a restaurant in a five star hotel, the price was not to high. I can certainly recommend this restaurant. And the golden oldies from the seventies and eighties they played made the meal even more special.

1  Thank Will de d
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Whilst I understand that Arthur's is not holding itself as being any fine dining experience, I was surprised at how mediocre the food was. I had the braised ribs which was incidentally one of the more expensive items on the menu, and the ribs were over cooked despite my request for medium rare. The portions are large "American sized" but given the quality of the food, left feeling very underwhelmed by the experience. Won't be visiting again

1  Thank May L
Reviewed 4 February 2014

we read the reviews and decided to try it. we couldn't find it on the street mentioned in the address and no-one could tell us where it was. so we walked a lot and gave up in the end. it might be worth giving a more precise address.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I go to Arthur's at least twice a month. Loved their tapas and juicy burgers. However after what happened last night, I will NEVER go back.

I ordered spicy chicken wings which was not only nothing close to spicy but nothing close to having any taste. Bland and over cooked, the chicken wings had to be terribly frozen when they fried them. The bones were stained black and meat so hard as though the chicken was an athlete.

Sent the food back and informed the waitress that the food was bad. Didn't expect a new dish whatsoever because it really tasted horrible. Instead the waitress returned and highlighted hat the chef insisted the chicken wings were fine.

Honestly? I don't need a refund, I don't expect a free dish. Just accept the criticism and perhaps improve? Need not defend yourself for a dish that is worst than a regular restaurant or hawker stall. It's Shangri La. You've standards to live up to. Don't take my words? Please eat it for yourself. Oh and of course they charged me for a dish I sent back

2  Thank E W