“Great option for single traveler”
Review of Hotel A-One

Hotel A-One
Ranked #30 of 351 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at the A-One Hotel for 3 nights upon my initial arrival in K.L., then another 4 nights right before I flew out. The single room is very tiny - just enough room for the single bed and a small nightstand - so if you have a lot of stuff you'll be stepping over it to move around the room. But I found it quite cozy, clean and quiet (which is really important to me as I am a very light sleeper). I thought the location was great - close to the LRT, Little India, Central Market, Petaling Street, and Merdeka Square. I found most things within walking distance (but I also like to walk). The best part of this hotel, however, was the friendly and helpful staff. I didn't really compare this hotel with any others so don't know if the price was comparable to other similar hotels but I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Amy T

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had a great stay in this small hotel. Check in was quick and easy.
The location is great, no busy road outside but just 2 mins to the LRT. The hotel is right next to little india with its fantastic food. Is also very close to central market which was a lovely place to shop and wander in the cool.
The hotel was clean and the room was plenty big enough for the 3 of us, we had a family room.
The beds were extra comfy and the room was dark and quiet, we all slept really well.
We will be going back to KL and we would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Trudi13
Reviewed 13 July 2013

When we visited (Dec 2012), there was construction on the street in front of the hotel so it was a bit hard to locate the hotel. Staff is nice. But the room is tiny, and no window makes us feel even more claustrophobic. (We later found out that this size is standard at budget hotels in KL).

The little India neighborhood outside is dirty, and not as exciting as we'd expected.

We wished we had splurged a little in KL. 1* and 2* hotels like this hotel isn't a bargain at all. It's actually quite pricey for what's offered, especially considering that the city has the cheapest 4* and 5* in the world.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank chocolate.boxes
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This hotel is well situated, clean, has generally very helpful staff, and fast, stable WiFi internet connection. The room is very small, but certainly ok for 1 person. No windows, but this also means that it is quiet, great for sleeping with cold A/C (adjustable). In the afternoon and evening the staff was quite helpful, but the early morning attendant seemed to be a bit sleepy, which delayed my check out a few minutes, since I had previously requested a print out of an important email. Unfortunately, upon checking out, I found that, not only had they not printed out the email, but they didn't even know how to access the email. To learn how to print the email took 10 minutes. No big deal, but would have been nice to see some more responsiveness and training.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Kuala Lumpur is rather expensive when it comes to quality accommodations, especially if you want a good location. I was kind of shocked by the prices since I was coming from Cambodia where I paid half as much for twice the quality. With that said, this hotel worked out just fine.

I booked the single room with private bathroom. I had read other reviews about the rooms being small, but I didn't realize how small it would actually be. My room was a tiny little box with no window and just barely enough room for the small bed. However, I don't need a big room and the A/C worked that much better with such a small space to cool! The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and everything worked great. It was also very quiet and dark, so I slept well. My only complaint is that 75 RM seemed a bit too much for my tiny white cubicle of a room.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I had nothing but positive experiences when interacting with them.

The location was perfect. It was 2 blocks from the Masjid Jamek LRT station and within walking distance of the Puduraya bus station. It was also right between Chinatown and Little India and within walking distance of many good restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shawn_Storm
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel 9 nights during march 2012. Its not far from the Masjid Jamek MRT
(Mass Rapid Transit) station. My room was small with air conditioning and without a
window - this is the only bad thing in this hotel - bathroom also small however clean.
Wifi connection worked without problems. Price for the single room was favorable.

Would love to stay here again, certainly in a room with window:)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank rbbrno
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Fantastic location. It's a 2 minute walk to the central market which is brilliant, some great craft shops along with a nice selection of drinks and snack vendors outside. There are also several excellent budget restaurants nearby.
Friendly and welcoming staff who gave me a map, advised me on the local area, booked taxis etc.
Room was spotless. I booked a deluxe room for a few extra pounds, which got me a larger room with a window, which I would advise doing, it's still great value. Clean ensuite bathroom with hot water shower unit and plenty of towels. Flat screen TV in bedroom with HBO Asia available. Room was serviced daily and to a high standard, All in all, a great value hotel, I would definitely recommend it and would stay here again.

Room Tip: It's worth paying extra to book a deluxe room, for the extra space and window.