Iris Garden Hotel
US$105
LeMeridien.com
US$241
US$194
ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$79
Agoda.com
US$84
  • Restaurant
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$97
US$96
US$78
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$164
US$136
Shangri-La.com
Sunway Putra Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$61
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2013

It was really nice experience within budget, it took RM100 per night for double rooms, which includes the view of Times Square,KL and situated in Bukit Bintang,KL.
The rooms have TV, AC,Fridge and the space inside is reasonable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I made a short trip to KL City and stayed in Iris Garden Hotel for 4 days 3 nights.

When I first arrived the hotel, I realized the reception counter is on the 1st floor and although there's a lift provided but I still had to carry my luggage up few flights of stairs before I could take the lift.

As there is only one lift in this building, the speed is very slow and it's very small.

Once we reached the reception counter at level 1, I was told to make deposit of RM50 and they do not accept any credit card transaction for payment below RM150. After making the payment, the receptionist gave me a tv remote control, air conditioner control and my hotel room key which during the check out, I have to return all these to them.

When I entered my room, I was glad as the 1 queen size bed + 1 single bed were bigger than what I initially thought. But this also made up most of the space in the room so there wasn't any much walk space in the room.

There was only 1 small closet but hangers were provided. There was fridge provided too and a very simple mini bar. Basically just a kettle, 3 glasses and 3 bottles of mineral water. No coffee or tea sachets provided. TV was showing very very limited channels which include BBC, AEC, ESPN and some local channels. Overall, it was like 5-6 channels only.

Toiletries was provided as well but very limited such as soap bars, shampoo, toilet rolls and towels. For additional items such as extra pillow, shower cap and hair dryer, you have to get it from staff at the counter and there is no additional charge to these. For your information, just press '0' on your phone when you need to talk to the staff.

Ok here comes the bad side of staying in this hotel.

On the first night of our arrival, our toilet bowl was jammed but luckily the staff was able to help us change the parts and fixed it. However, on the second morning similar thing happened again which we thought it could be due to the unavailability of water as we were staying on level 4.

Then on the second night, there was a current shortage at 6.30pm so we had no choice but to leave the hotel and went out for shopping. Due to the shortage, we weren't able to use the lift so we went down from level 4 to ground level using the staircases. We went back to the hotel at 10.30pm and fortunately the current revived.

The walls of our room have many cracks and stains. The stains appeared in chocolate color which we believed was ice cream or sweet beverages stain. Also because of this there was a lot of ants found in our room.

As it is situated in bustling Bukit Bintang, it was very lively, chaotic and noisy. On our first night, the noise only stopped at 3-4am. Then on our last night, we were awaken by the honking of cars on the road at 3am.

Also, the security of the hotel is another issue. It seemed like anyone could enter the hotel freely.

The main advantage of staying in this hotel is actually its ideal location. It's strategically located among all the shopping centres and eateries. Also, it is cheap. However, I think I would need to reconsider whether I should choose this hotel again during my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Blu3qu3en
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located in the hearth of KL, bukitbintang, but its very noisy. I cant sleep well because an outdoor cafe beside of this hotel performing live music until 1.30 am. If you looking for a good access hotel you'll find in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank raketua
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The hotel is located at Bukit Bintang Street, next to reflexology tenant and mini market/ century drugstore and only one blok away from Alor Street (famous with its cheap and yummy chinese food). The room is small but neat, and surprisingly the bathroom is quite big (at least bigger than what I thought it would be). The room has 32'' LCD TV, but not so many channels provided.
What make me a little upset is the noisy comes from the activity in bukit bintang mall next to the hotel.
Overall, you get what you pay. Not bad hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank yoan_destalinda
Reviewed 23 August 2012

filthy toilet and the bed cover are.....even the pillow are smelly....ask for my room to be clean but when i came back in the evening, the room is still not done...the reception are rude and unfriendly..and the chinese lady..maybe the manager shouting at the staff...cleaners are mostly foreighner...with their shabby attire...that cant even speak in english...poor management...i wont recommend this hotel to others....its a nightmare to stay there....

Room Tip: dont even think of staying there....
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family