“didn't enjoy my stay here!”

Le Apple Boutique Hotel
Ranked #21 of 353 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I only have to stay at Le Apple for 1 night and it was one night too long. I informed them via email that I was arriving early and could I please have an early check in. They replied saying no problems. I arrives at 8.30am and they told me I had to wait until 2pm! I wasnt very happy at all.
The rooms are small, but adequate. Bed is comfortable and the shower is nice. The location is great, about 15 mins to the towers and 5 mins (across the road) to the night market and street stalls)

BUT... the construction next door goes all day, well into the night and then starts up again early morning!

The location is great but the staff were NOT helpful one bit! and everything seemed like an inconvience to them. I wont be coming back here and hope that if you decide to stay here you have a better experience than me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank BrookeJavier

Reviewed 28 June 2012

1) Great location, located behind Grand Millennium Hotel, it's inside a small street
2) room was very small, feel a bit suffocated inside room
3) toilet is so so, not very clean, can see stain over the basin and floor
4) there is an issue about the aircon cannot be turn on, staff was overconfident that it will be fixed and persist that we do not need to change room, but in the end we still change room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cm88cm88
Reviewed 22 June 2012

its nice to stay in this hotel, the only problem i had is :
1. the hotel cannot see from main road
2. the new Le apple building construction make a big noise in the early morning,
3. the broken safety box, so i am not convinience to put my valuable belonging in the room

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bali1970
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel during my visit to KL from June 15 - 18, 2012. I arrived later than my sister's family who has checked me in to this hotel. So when I got the room key already when arriving. I went to my room (zen triple) and a bit shocked by finding the room still messy and the toilet was so dirty with garbage everywhere. I knew later on after my complain to the receptionist who explained that the room was not dressed up yet after the previous guest checked-out. I don't think that this was a good service by providing the new guest a room before ready. Other thing that I notice in this hotel that you need to put the "make up my room" sign everyday before you go out otherwise your room will not be dressed up and clean up. However, overall this is a nice hotel but remember this is a budget hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Johan W
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Only the perfect locatie was positive for us. The design was not welcoming, too dark. The room was too small (standard room), there was not enough space to put our backpacks! Bathroom was okay, bed slept well. In the morning we wake up because of the construction workers. The worst thing was the fact that the staff were not very helpfull. We can`t make a reservation for a taxi, they don`t offer any tours, and they said de Batu Caves were too far away to go there, but it`s only 10 minutes from KL! Not a great hostel for backpackers!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ThessaA
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed two nights at Le Apple, June 10-12. We had a premium room, the beds are great the facilities good, not to mention the great location and good rates. However, the desk staff clearly need some training in customer service, the fridge was not working so, we asked for it to be replaced, the receptionist looked at it and said it will be ok in the morning. Not a customer focussed response. Would staff again if the staffs attitude improves and the fridge works!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street (ours was 407) face a night club, which gets busy at the weekend
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Le Apple is benefits from an amazing location in the heart of the city and offers extremely affordable rates. It has a very trendy and modern look and feel and because it is a new hotel it is still quite clean and unspoilt. I mention this last bit as I forsee time taking its toll on the place. My husband and I noticed cracks beginning to run down the walls and other minor cleanliness factors that made us think that if they didn't stay on top of it, it wouldn't retain it's clean, well cared for appearance for long.

The front desk staff is capable but nothing exemplary in terms of customer care. Not once were we greeted by them when we would return to the hotel each day (and it's impossible for them not to notice someone walking in as the doors are directly in front of them). The few times we approached the desk to ask a question they were slow to react to our presence, taking their time to turn from their computer and gave off a very nonchalant and disinterested air. Mind you...not outright rude...just indifferent. And, with the exception of one woman, our questions were answered or requests met.

On the other hand, the man who acted as security and stood outside the hotel doors always greeted us with a big smile and held the door for us as we came and went.

We did have a difficult time finding the place. Our cab driver hadn't heard of the place (probably due to its newness) so we used our phones GPS to get us close. We were dropped off in the general vicinity as it was not visible from the street and it turns out that it is tucked down an alley. We had to call the hotel for help and Oour first phone call wasn't to helpful and the 2nd finally got us there.

By the way, this alley is hopping full of activity throughout the night with lots of yelling and horns and engines reving. Select a floor as high as possible to remove yourself from the noise as much as possible.

For the budget traveler, I would recommend this hotel. It does the job. A clean room for cheap and in an excellent location. I would just encourage the hotel to put their front desk staff through customer service training.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple