“Good all round massage”

Sandnes, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good all round massage”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Exterior looked very nice, as did the foyer. Go upstairs where the massage takes place and it is a bit rundown looking but I've seen a lot worse. The massage itself was very good, maybe a little hard especially on the toes as one reviewer stated. Overall I would give the massage 8.5/10.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Youngscott

• Korean first
Brisbane, Qld
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The massage was very good.

Unfortunately it's their inflexible 'packages' that bring it down.

How it works is they advertise a price list for individual services. Then combine the items into several different 'packages' with a 'discount'... Mostly between 20-50%... Which makes the packages very appealing.

The first time I visited, they didn't have staff to do both treatments in the package, so I paid the full list price for 1 item.

The second time I visited, just wanting 1 service, they refused to 'split' a package! Even though the same lady was on reception and remembered me spending RM150 yesterday....

Sorry guys, but that kind of business practice leaves a bad taste.

3 Thank he_kelly
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Top quality thai massage”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Have lived in Thailand and I am a Wat Po thai massage practisioner myself and I have to admit that the massage given (at least to me)was top quality.The educational level and experience of the workers vary,though, but if you want northern style massage,ask for Om.The only drawback is the aircon set on too cold and the humidity which leaves the sheet sticky.In KL,though,this is value for money.

Visited January 2014
London
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“Nice massage every time”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have been to the Tropical Spa several times over the last few years and really believe it to be very good for relaxation before or after a long flight. Most recently, my partner and I went for a 1.5 hour massage each and then I had a facial while he had ear-candling. My aromatherapy massage was very nice, the lady was polite and it felt like she knew what she was doing. His Thai massage was invigorating and he was equally pleased with his masseuse. My facial was very relaxing, I can't say whether the creams she used on me were expensive or not but it didn't matter because they felt and smelled good.
The rooms are large, each section separated by curtains, so you can hear people walking around and occasionally being massaged close by. They should turn the music up a little to overcome this, but it was not a massive issue. The rooms are not warm, but extra towels are available to cover you up if you are cold.
We will return again, because the ladies are always welcoming, the massages have been consistently good, and it is such good value for money compared to home (UK).

Visited December 2013
3 Thank snowybennett
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Not my cup of tea”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I'm a massage lover but this place certainly ranks very low in my list. First of all, I don't know why it's receiving many good comments and I am certainly baffled by the number of people who walked through the door after 10.30pm. We had finished our treatments around that time and couldn't wait to go back to our hotel !

I had an aromatherapy body massage and the 3 others, foot massage. The body massage was done in the unit next door, I had to pass through a dimly lit corridor to reach my small  dimly lit room which was sparsely furnished. Actually, I had a bad feeling already about this place when we couldn't find it; we walked past congested streets, seedy alleys with all kinds of suspicious characters including scantily clad ladies soliciting for customers, past Jalan Alor and its numerous food stalls, asked several shopkeepers and after walking around for 10 minutes, one kind Indian lady pointed the way towards a darkened alley which leads to a road that is dotted with restaurants and spas. Unfortunately, she had to end her words with "please be careful and take care of your belongings". Gulp...that shook us a little I guess but we braved on.

Sorry I digress, let's go back to the spa. Anyway, I was given a towel to change into but I found it to be damp, not sure from condensation or last customer's usage. I asked my masseuse to change it but she didn't understand English..oh my. I made gestures by touching the towel and after feeling the dampness, she understood and reluctantly left to get another one. The massage bed itself was very hard, I think it was made of wood with little or no cushioning and guess what- the sheet covering it was damp too- I was too tired to bother by now especially since she hardly spoke English. She's Vietnamese by the way and spoke some Malay. The massage itself was somewhere between good and bad, I guess that makes it mediocre? The massage strokes were unfamiliar to me, unlike those I usually have in Indonesia and Thailand. When she started pulling my toes one by one, I grimaced in pain, never have I had a masseuse pulling my fingers and toes with such force before. She left the room to wash her hands before massaging my head followed by my face which is a big NO-NO. It should be the other way around as she has unclean hands after touching my hair. Disgusting. I could not wait to escape this ordeal.. it was already bad enough lying on a hard bed with a damp sheet and now this. Paid RM108 for this 1 hour massage. Trust me, I could get more bang for my buck in Thailand and Indonesia.

On the way back, we walked the other way towards our hotel in Bukit Bintang. Thankfully, all roads were brightly lit and we felt safe enough.

I asked the 3 girls about their foot massage experience and was told they weren't good either. They had men doing the treatment, all Vietnamese and couldn't speak much English except Malay. The masseurs applied strong pressure and the girls complained of pain throughout. The next morning when we woke up, we were all groaning in pain... we are so not coming back.

Visited November 2013