“superb hospitality!!”

Central Lodge
padang
“superb hospitality!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Spent 4 days in this hotel and I can't complaint about anything. It has very well located, only few minutes walk from KL Sentral and little India which is good point for women-solo traveler who have no idea about KL. The price was also reasonable for a single room. He gave me discount for staying couple night. Also, it has very kind staffs who always keen to helped their guess. The old man who work on a day time even gave me a medicine to treat my sprained hand. The room itself was good and its toilet is clean. The provide bread and coffee/tea in the morning and free drinking water. There's also WIFI, desktop computer, a couch, and TV in the "dining room"

Room Tip: if you wanna have a view outside this hostel, you'd better prefer room no 1 and/or room no 2. It...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Deedee A

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 25 May 2014

this hostel is SUUUPER well located ! few mins walk from sentral kl, and just a straight line

its perfect if u want to go to the airport very early or arrivng late

the owner is very nice, helpful and friendly ! its also cheap for kl standards and clean

i stayed there 3 times

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Unfortunately, I stayed at this budget hotel. The owner doesn't follow the published price at his website. It seems when there aren't much customers that day, he increases the price. He charge me 50% more. As I was checking out, I wanted to check from the logbook and found out that there was indeed only 2 rooms booked that night. Suddenly, the owner started shouting at me and said I shouldn't look at the logbook. His face was all red and screaming and practically pushed me out. I hope nobody stays at this hotel.

Room Tip: No matter how good the rooms are, it doesn't do any good if the owner doesn't have manners.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank olbaido

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The location is within a 5min walk from KL central station. It's really easy to get to and from the airport, roughly (7 malaysian) to the airport to hotel. It's great for getting around since all the metro lines met up at central.

Around the hotel is not much to do our see. There is a 7-11 across the street. Also there is other local markets for cheaper, restaurants and also banks near by. It's also in a walking distance to little India.

The room it self is nothing special. We got a private room for a couple and it was just a room with a bed. Our room had a certain smell to it even when I bought spray and sprayed the room it didn't go away. Our room faced the street which made it to noisy to sleep with the window open. The bed was just a sheet over the mattress and hard. Really it's just a budget room, you get what you pay for. The shared bathroom is kept clean and there is hot water.
They do offer bread and tea in the mornings. There is also WIFI in the lobby and also a desktop computer in the lobby to use. Also there is a tv and couch to hang out in.

The front desk guy was a little nutty but very helpful with giving us maps and also bug spray if you needed any and also he took us to dinner one night with another guest.

This is a good place if your on a budget and need a place to stay for a few nights.

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the back of the hotel, the front one can be noisy from the street.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Being located within five minutes walk KL sentral, Central Lodge is in a good locaiton if you have an early flight the next day and don't want to pay the high price for an airport hotel or taxi in the early hours. Aside from this there isn't a whole lot within walking distance, so if you are staying more than one night in KL you're better off going to Bukit Bintang.

However, the room I stayed in was very poor. The floor was dirty and the room was noisy, being located next to a busy road. The fan worked reasonably, although it was still quite hot since closing the window was necessary. The only bed linen was a bottom sheet with clearly visible body hairs and flakes of skin from the previous user(s). The mattress was thin, and the bed frame creaked loudly whenever I rolled over, which was often because it was hard to get comfortable. All this combined to make for a poor sleep.

On the other hand the bathroom was reasonably clean and the hot water worked well. The staff were polite and were around when you needed them (including for a 4am checkout), but not overly friendly. It wasn't an expensive place, but you can get much better for the same price in KL.

All in all it was a pretty bad stay and if I found myself in a similar situation I wouldn't stay there again. Based on the other reviews, maybe there are some better rooms, so if you need a place for one night it might be worth checking out, but only if all the other places nearby are full.

Room Tip: Inspect rooms carefully
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank khlav
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The owner is mentally unstable.You ask a normal question about the room rates & he would start interrogating you as if you are some kind of an intruder & he behaves as if he would be doing a favour to give you place in this lousy prison.
After climbing a flight of stairs to 4th floor with the baggage,as there are no lifts, you are treated by this stupid moron with arrogance & indifference as if you are going to stay there for free.He is extremely unwelcoming & rude.The rooms are small & look like prison cells.Charges are way too high.The staff is equally unfriendly.The rooms & beds were not clean either.He did not show us the rooms until we booked,Very mean & malicious kind of business tactics.In short ,don't stay here!

Room Tip: Find some other guest house nearby,there are plenty
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank N H
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I knew I'd be arriving at KL Sentral from the airport at about 2 a.m. and I needed to be out the door early the next morning, so I didn't want to go too far for accommodation. It's literally a 2-4 minute walk. The hostel assured me there would be someone to let me in. I previously tried this approach at a different hostel in the same area and it took me over 20 mins to find someone to let me in. Additionally, as a single female traveller walking alone at 2 a.m. I was a little put off at first with the karaoke bar on the first floor... but there was nothing to worry about, there was someone who answered the intercom straight away to open the locked gate.

I booked a dorm room, but was given a single room instead for no extra money. Bonus! I was given a sheet and paid for a towel. The hostel and fan room was very, very basic, but clean and quiet.

The next morning there were people in the lounge literally just outside my door, but they were quiet & respectful (if it makes any difference to anyone, I was the only white person there - just an observation, not an evaluation. I have lived in SEAsia for 5 years and am used to being the only white person in the area). I found clean but rather public bathrooms - they are right next to where you make your toast, peanut butter & jelly breakfast & coffee & tea, so no hiding "bathroom stuff".

I like it when hostels give you food of any kind, and toast, PB & J are the perfect portable food. I once stayed (on my Mom's tab) at a $150/ni. hotel that didn't even include breakfast when my $20/ni. hostel did!!!???!!! I could have made tea or coffee as well but I was in a hurry. It took me 2-4 mins to walk to the monorail to get to where I needed to be somewhat early in the morning.

Overall, I found the staff pleasant, the hostel clean and the location rocked for my needs. Personally, I probably wouldn't stay here for more than a couple of nights, but that's just me. I thought it was perfectly fine if you need a clean place in a good location and you're on a budget.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo