“Some of the best around..especially in KL” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,199 of 3,999 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Canberra, Australia
“Some of the best around..especially in KL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I've eaten a lot of Indian in my time (albeit not in India itself) , Indian festivals, my Indian neighbours food, restaurants here, there and everywhere, street food in KL, Penang and other places...and this was easily one of the best Indian meals I've had.
The simple things that bring the dishes together like the quality of the parratha and the superbly cooked basmati rice helped to make this a real standout meal.
Everything quality, not too much ghee, and beautifully balanced spices. Mmmm.
Sure, it's a few more dollars than some of the other haunts around, but it's a few dollars well spent. Well done to the kitchen team (who thought my 'bravo' of their wonderfully cooked rice just a little odd)
It's our second time here over 3 years and we'll definitely be back again next time we're in KL !

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank rroger_rramjet

• Indonesian first
KL
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Been to this place a few times already and would recommend it if you're up for some North Indian food or just Indian food for that matter. Good food,worth the price.

I loved their mutton briyani and palak gosht! The mutton was really tasty and well cooked. Palak paneer was just as good too. Worth trying,all of them!
But you will not enjoy the naan if you don't enjoy eating thin,dry flat bread. ;) I tried their chicken naan the last time I went there and didn't enjoy it. It was thin,dry and almost tasteless. The airconds and fans did not help for the naan was cold by the time I finished the first slice (the naan was nicely cut into 4 slices) So if you really want to try the naan,you might wanna order something spicy to go with the naan AND eat before it gets cold! You can talk after that,over some lassi perhaps ;)

A very comfortable place. A perfect escape from the noise and heat outside! And there's a variety of food and drinks!

Would I go again? Definitely. There's so much more for me to try!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Azmyth
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

.If you are missing India or want to have best north indian food.You must visit this place.
I loved it.

• Visited December 2013
Netherlands
“Very good and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We were at Jassal on a thursday evening and it was very quiet.

As westerners we were not really experienced with Indian foood but having a local present for guidance we were able to taste a vast range of food.

Everything was very tasty and of good quality.

I will certainly return

“Food poisoning after meal here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

The meal was a little mediocre. We had the chicken tandoori and a paneer, with a mango lassi. The chicken was decent enough but the paneer was too salty. But my real ordeal was after the meal when I was struck by a bout of food poisoning. I think that it was either the lassi or the paneer but I'm certainly not going to this restaurant again.

• Visited August 2013