- I've given 4 stars because it's a very luxurious property in a hard-to-beat location. But several issues marred our enjoyment and we won't be back.
- We had a room on the club floor (as we have Marriott Platinum) but never used the lounge because my kids were underaged. The website had no information on this and if I had known, we would not have chosen JW. In other properties, kids are allowed in but depending on the property, some not for breakfast. In this case they were not allowed in at all. This is fine provided it is stated clearly in the website.
- The lounge also had a dress code (which, having packed for a beach holiday in Thailand the week before, we did not meet). I only went in once to the front desk to ask for the wifi password (a most troublesome practice as it has to be refreshed everyday?). With all these rules it seemed clearly targeted at business people and not holiday makers. Very stiff and formal.
- We had to go to Shook restaurant downstairs for breakfast since we couldnt use the lounge. We didn't mind because the main restaurants usually have a wider selection of food.
- What we did mind was that we had to queue for half an hour to get into the restaurant!! This is the first time I have ever had to queue to get in to a breakfast buffet!!! My kids were starving (and so was I). Fortunately we were not in a rush as our flight was in the afternoon. But what if we had a plane to catch? So if you do - beware! You may need to include a half hour buffer!
- The spread looked impressive, but most things we tried weren't good. Disappointing to say the least!
- This was the worst part. There was a big break down in communication between the lounge, main reception and the concierge, resulting in a big delay leaving for the airport.
- As we left our room, I asked the lounge to get someone to bring our bags down from the room. He dutifully wrote something down, but did not act on it, as I discovered later.
- As I needed to wait for my husband in the lobby, I decided to check out there, instead of at the lounge. The girl who attended to me was very sweet and efficient, but gave me the wrong bill (she basically forgot to add the bulk of our charges and only charged me for the extra bed we put in). Ah, which brings me to the point that when we asked for the extra bed, no one told us it was chargeable! I questioned the bill but she said that was all we had to pay. Fine. So I paid and went off. To the concierge. Where were our bags? Apparently no one had told them to bring the bags down. So they sent someone. Or so they told me. At which point the sweet girl from reception scurries back. I'm so sorry she says, I forgot to give you the other bill. Right. So I go back and pay somemore. And then back to concierge. No one had left to get our bags yet! So I chased them to do it. Our driver was starting to get impatient outside and we were getting late! After waiting somemore, the bags finally arrived and we could leave. I was very flustered at this point and thinking that we won't ever stay here again!!
- I recognise that part of the issue was with us (in that the whole lounge thing didn't work for our family). I think it would be great for business travellers.
- The lounge/reception/concierge breakdown I felt was serious but maybe it was a one-off? Who knows.
- The long breakfast queue - I find this unacceptable. We weren't even there during a peak period.
Whatever it is, there are equally luxurious properties which are less stuffy, which have great service and no queues at breakfast! We'll be going there instead!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern L-shaped Tower Hotel situated in Star Hill complex, a mixed-use development including a six-level retail mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Kuala Lumpur
- Marriott Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Marriott