My wife and I stayed in the Istana for three nights in November 06.
Hotel smelled very very strongly of paint as hotel was being renovated. Don't mind renovation but the smell was over
Check in was very slow and when we finally did get checked, the
smell of paint thinners in our room was unacceptable. We were then checked into a twin room which had a wiring problem. I recieved an electric shock turning on the bedside lamp just before the fuse in the room blew.
We then waited an hour in the hotel bar for another room to become available.
Hotel staff were unapologetic and we were unipressed to say the least. The rest of our stay was fine but we would never return to this hotel. It appeared to be a hotel with a five star lobby but with two star bedrooms and one star service.More