Hotel Istana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
The Kuala Lumpur Journal(Kuala Lumpur)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Al Jafs(Kuala Lumpur)
Average 3/5
  • Room Service
Very Good 4/5
The Mesui Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
Very Good 4/5
Attapsana Guesthouse(Kuala Lumpur)
    Hotel Ambassador(Kuala Lumpur)
    • Pool
    4,216 results
    All reviewsthe club loungetaman saribukit bintangpetronas towersmonorail stationbuffet breakfastpavilion mallrotanashoppingklsinksfoyertaxisindianasiachinatown
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely worth the money you pay for. the friendly staffs, clean and cosy room and a big recognition for Ms Shopon the housekeeper for tidying up my room !!! also the walking distance to Pavilion shopping mall.
    definitely will come back again in short future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Guests,

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your review, We sincerely appreciate your kind comments. I will pass on your compliments to Ms. Shopon for a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you and kind regards.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here back in March for 3 days when we came to KL for the F1 before moving onto Penang.

First impressions of the hotel is its very grand and luxurious.

We had a club level room and arrived about 9am after our long flight from Heathrow, our rooms weren't ready (it took about 1½ hours for our rooms, there were 2 couples) however we could sit comfortably in the club room and have breakfast and drinks. It was very welcome after our long journey.

The corridors and the rooms are slightly dated as many other reviews have said, the club rooms however are very comfortable and large, the slightly dated décor was not a problem in the slightest. We used the pool on our first afternoon, its a very nice area to relax with a nice garden.

We took advantage of the club 'cocktail hour' on our first night & the drinks and canapés were very good, they kept topping your drinks up which after long haul travelling got us plenty tipsy enough to last the whole evening, lol. There was wine and beer available at this. We were out at the F1 for the next 2 days so didn't get to enjoy the evening cocktails (they were served 5.30pm while 7.30pm) if the upgrade doesn't cost too much I think its worth upgrading to club. (We were only offered club rooms as is all that was available when we booked so we don't know how much the difference was)

I am betting in its day this hotel was the absolute business, the lobby, bar area etc. has a real feel of decadence about it, very nice indeed.

The area is good, 10 minutes walk to the Hawker food area's, 10 - 15 minutes walk under an air conditioned walkway to KLCC & the towers. Quite a few malls within 10 - 15 minutes walk also.

We stayed in Traders last year which was great but on reflection think we preferred Istana, it was nice to have the outdoor pool area and the greenery to relax around. Everything about Traders was much more modern but no more comfortable, I think the outdoor area just tipped the scales in Istana's favour.

Perfect start to our 14 day Malaysia holiday :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank you and appreciate your fantastic comments. We are grateful and pleased to hear that you were happy and had an enjoyable time at Hotel Istana.. Your comments and review will be passed on to the team and we hope to see you at our hotel again soon.

I look forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Checked into this hotel last week for a 5 night stay and was absolutely appalled with the accommodations. Arrival at the lobby was encouraging except for the awful smell that permeates all of the public areas. Check in agent was unpleasant and tried to push me to take a smoking room but I persisted and he finally offered me a king non smoking room.

When the elevator doors opened on the 15th floor I couldn't believe how drab and dirty the corridor was. Entering the room it just went downhill. First sight was an old tube TV, saggy bed, buckled dirty carpet. Then I discovered no wifi in the room. The final disappointment was the filthy bathroom, grimy bathtub, moldy tiles, glass shower so dirty you can't see in and a public washroom anti-slip grit floor.

If they advertised as a budget two star hotel I wouldn't have been so shocked, but 5 star? My advise is to stay away especially as true 5 star hotels are so affordable in KL.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guests,

I would like to begin by sincerely apologizing and saying how much I am concerned to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience. Your comments are taken with a view to improving in these areas for which I thank you. Further improvement is obviously required for which we have already taken action. It has always been our policy to provide a great experience and outstanding services and regretfully we have fallen short in this instance.
    I would assist personally to make up for the shortfall experienced if you decide to come back to Hotel Istana in the future. You can contact me directly and I will be happy to personally make the arrangements for you.

Email : clement@hotelistana.com .my

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hotel with GREAT location; 3 mins walk to pavillion mall and 5 mins walk to bukit bintang area; Friendly & helpfull staff; easy check-in; only the "old" type TV is a bit unproper for this class of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
    Review collected in partnership with Tiket.com

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind comments. My team is motivated to strive further. Please note that we will be replacing the TVs in the very near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further inquiries.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel is right on the Monorail line which give you easy access to other points in they city. It is in within walking distance of some of the best restaurants in the city. The pool (which I didn't use during my 10-day stay) looked nice. The breakfast buffet is ok - good fruit, ok omelettes, strange tasting croissants, and lots of local food. The rooms size and bathrooms are fine. Overall the rooms are semi-passable but definitely nothing to write home about. I was on a floor with a group of high school students and their conversations in the hallway were very easy to hear (kept me up till 2 - although that could have been the jet lag as well). There seem to be a lot of tour groups staying here. Overall, the location isn't bad and if you get a good deal on the price, you might consider staying here.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard to avoid noise from the busy street traffic.
    • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank NTW68
    HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay at Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre.
    Feedback is always greatly appreciated and helps us to constantly strive to improve our services.

Rest assured that we have taken note of all your challenges and comments and we are looking into them seriously. Should you have any comment, do drop us a note at clement@hotelistana.com.my

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Best regards.