Hotel Istana
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$163
US$108
US$218
US$160
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$81
US$103
US$100
US$74
  • Fitness centre
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$149
US$112
US$74
US$68
  • Pool
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$190
US$81
Priceline
  • Restaurant
US$133
US$80
4,258 results
All reviewsthe club loungetaman saribukit bintangpetronas towersmonorail stationbuffet breakfastpavilion mallrotanashoppingklsinksfoyertaxisindianasiachinatown
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We only had three nights here and stayed in the Istana Club, it was lovely. very nice spacious comfortable room and great service the whole time we were there. Just one problem, as refurbishing work going on at the time and our room was pretty close to some very loud drilling, but problem solved straight away by moving rooms. we didn't have to do much as the staff moved everything for us and I couldn't beleive our luck when we opened the curtains and now had a fabulous view of The Twin Towers, fabulous!!!! We would stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed our facilities and services. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by maintenance works.

Please note we are currently upgrading some of facilities such as new 42"flat screen TVs, safe and installing WiFi for all rooms. We are completely changing all our plumbing works as well.

The PETRONAS Twin Towers will be awaiting your next arrival and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel Istana.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hotel Istana located at city center.Just 10 mins walk to Twin tower. Also, there are some bars and malls nearby for 5 mins footstep. The room is not very big but all the things are tidy and clear. It provides buffet style of breakfast with few choices but with quality and good enough to start a good day. Staff are helpful and nice.

A disappointing thing I have to point out is the facilities are little bit old. There is a leaking problem with the shower area and the hair dryer doesn't work. Having said so, it just a minor problem that didn't affect my experience here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind comments and that you were happy with our staff and services.
Please note that we are in the midst of upgrading our facilities such new TVs, safes, WiFi for all rooms and as you mentioned all our plumbing works.

we hope that you will return soon and please do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiries.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Istana for a 1 week business trip. Overall the staff were very friendly - always there with a smile. They were also very prompt to act upon requests even during the middle of the night.
The lobby is spacious and is very comfortable to sit with a coffee or drink. It was also very close to the restaurants and bars nearby.
The only downside of the hotel was that my room did not have wifi - only an ethernet cable was available. Whilst this did the job, it would have been much more convenient to have wifi. All in all though I will probably stay here again when back in KL.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind comments and I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please note that we are currently upgrading our facilities ie:TVs, Safes and installing Wi fi for all rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Istana in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Although from the outside this hotel does not look very impressive, the interior of the hotel is uniquely designed with a blend of modern architecture and traditional Malay design. It's spacious, generally clean although you may still find stains in the bathroom. Strategically situated in Bukit Bintang area with walking distances to the Pavilion, etc and even to KLCC although a heavy downpour in the evening will spoil your walking exploration. A negative point for the management to take note: a pimp with his car parked at the taxi stand right in front of the hotel, passed me his "business card" as I was walking up into the hotel compound. It certainly does not look good to the hotel as it "downgrade" the hotel. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind comments. The comments that you had posted are valid and we will remedy them. I have also informed my Security team to be more vigilant about the happenings around the perimeters of the hotel, to ensure the safety of all our guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further inquiries and assistance.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is the main winning feature although I'd be tempted to spend a little more and choose a different hotel.

One advantage was after being told there was no wifi in the rooms I was excited to find in my room #525 there was wifi.

Great choice at breakfast but I wouldn't say this is a 5 star hotel at all.

The Gymnasium/Fitness Centre is damp the pool outside is ok but no poolside drinks service and only 1 towel per bed.

The staff are lovely however the bedrooms are noisy and not well soundproofed from neighbouring rooms or the road outside

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank strawberryfields2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments.

We are in the midst of upgrading our facilities, TVs, Safes and also WiFi -ing all the rooms and public areas. The 5th floor was the first one completed.

Work is also being done in the Fitness Center. we have finished installing new carpets and also improving the A/C.

We look forward to welcoming you back.