“Good hotel close to everything”
Review of Hotel Istana

Hotel Istana
Ranked #21 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Montegrotto Terme, Italy
“Good hotel close to everything”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in a standard room on the 13th floor with view on the Petronas. It is true the hotel is not the newest but still I liked it a lot. As soon as I entered the hotel I had the impression that I would be satisfied, the perfume in the lobby area was great, the lobby. Itself is very impressive. Room was clean, bathroom was big and had all the amenities you expect from a 5star...except the bathrobe :(
Another thing to point out is that they did not have a safe in the room and neither wifi. But I've been told that end of the next month all rooms are going to be equipped with safe and wifi. We did not try the restaurant but we did have breakfast in the room the quality was overall good, and the prices too. We did not use the pool, but if you are going to stay just to relax by the pool then the pool area will disappoint you, since the pool is very small...but you don't go to KL to hang around the pool!
Also I would like to point out the friendliness of the staff, from the FO to HK to F&B and all the others, good job to all of you!! The sports bar was very nice and the service was great.
This hotel is great if you want to discover the city since it is in an excellent position 10min walk from Petronas and 5 from Bingtang. Next month I'll be back in KL and for sure I'll book the Istana again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Manuelitto2000
HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind comments and graciously highlighting that our services and staff had made your stay a memorable one.
Please note we are also currently upgrading our facilities for TVs, safes and Wi-Fi for the entire hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Email : clement@hotelistana.com.my

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (917)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Cap Malheureux, Riviere du Rempart, Mauritius
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We spent 4 nights at Istana in April & May. We were exhausted from our flight and the staff's friendliness made us feel better as we walked in. The decor of the hotel is very nice and wewere welcomed very warmly. Check in or check out were both quick and stress free process. Even if the room style is a bit old fashioned, it was spacious and very clean. We had a 3h treatment at the spa. The spa reception is presentable and smell nice but however the walk to the cabin was awful-dark and smelly and quite scary. The treatments were wonderful and the spa therapists very friendly and did exactly what we asked them to do. The hotel is situated 5mins walk from Bukit Bintang and 2mins walk from the MRT. Overall we enjoyed our stay and it was good value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Istana. I have taken note of reservation about the spa and we will remedy as soon as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Istana for three nights. The hotel offers, overall, a good service. Room was clean, reception staff and concierge were very kind and efficient. Location is also very good, close to bars and restaurants (Changkat Bukit Bintang) and shopping malls (Pavilion and others). The property, however, needs renovation. The room had tired, stained carpets and an old television, and was always cold. It is also inexcusable for any five stars hotel not to have free wi-fi in all rooms, as internet connection is only available via LAN cable or, alternatively, wirelessly in the lobby area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for posting your comments of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff, services and the current existing facilities.

Please also note that we are currently upgrading our facilities for TVs, Safes, plumbing systems and Wi-Fi for the entire hotel. We are also working on a total refurbishment of our room in the very near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

Central Coast
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Second stay here after being loyal to Crowne Plaza Mutiara but very happy to call Hotel Istana our KL home away from home in future. Food is wonderful, clean,comfy rooms ans Staff are always smiling and ready to ensure your stay is pleasant. Will recommend to all of our Family and Friends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RRetiredCentralCoast
Dear Guests,

First and foremost, I thank you for your loyalty and continued patronage to our hotels. I will convey your comments to our team and I assure you, this will motivate them to strive even harder and put a wee spring in their step.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Istana and please do not hesitate to contact me personally for assistance.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful time in this hotel, staff were helpful and professional at all times, they were always there to give advise and answer any questions you had. Buffet style breakfast was nice with different varieties, we did not eat in the evenings at the hotel so am unable to comment on food, rooms were spacious and comfortable. Perfectly central to all amenities. Brilliant holiday would come back.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and kinds words. We appreciate that we were able to make your stay a pleasant and memorable.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The lunch we had wasn't that good. All of my colleague had the same thought. But the facilities provided and also the room condition were good. When i stayed at one world hotel and grand season hotel i didn't have any complaint about the food. Guess that not all 4 @ 5 stars hotel serve 4 @ 5 stars food. Just an honest opinion of mine.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms, facilities and services but rather disappointed about your opinion of our food quality.

Please do contact me personally and we should discuss this further and in detail.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Last week my wife and I enjoyed our 4 nights stay at Hotel Istana in Kuala Lumpur. We checked in to a Club Room at 19th floor. All the staff at the Club Lounge were very friendly. Services include all day refreshments and cookies, meeting room, 2 free pressing of garments daily and free breakfast at the 20th floor or at the ground floor. The varienty of food at the ground floor was enormous. We complimented Zell Idris, the operation director and said we especially liked the Nasi Lemak there. The room was clean and the shower was great. Any maintenance requirement were attended immediately by the staff. We definitely will go back to stay in the Hotel in our next visit.

Room Tip: Treat staffs kindly and will always get extra treatments during your stay.