“hotel is good with good indian restaurant at basement”
Review of Hotel Istana

Hotel Istana
Ranked #20 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Visakhapatnam, India
“hotel is good with good indian restaurant at basement”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

hi friends i am sandeep recently i visited hotel istana international kaula lumpur, hotel is very good breakfast is excellent in the basement they have an indian restaurant named: trishna restaurant food is good but water bottle they provide is 200 ml pet bottle which is more costly then food items which they have to change, chilly chicken with nan is very good curd rice is good chicken boneless curry is good other then that if u eat anything my god u cant keep in ur mouth no taste, if u order them chicken biryani they mixed masala and put boiled chicken in it its waste to eat, when ever u order them u have to tell them cut into small pieces, breakfast is very good but when ur check in its taking some time even though if ur check in at 2pm they r asking to wait for an hour which is some problem near by u have pavilion mall which is dam good good for the view but dam expensive but choclates r little bit cheap buy them they give in boxes

Room Tip: before check in u have to ask for the top floor for night view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for kind comments. We are glad that enjoyed you stay with us. I will pass on my compliments to our Indian Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel Istana in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Email : clement@hotelistana.com.my

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (911)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
adelaide
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The initial impression when you walk in is one of grandeur and warmth coming from the lobby and the staff. An older style hotel that is well located for all of kl's attractions. We had a room on the 16th floor with a view of the city. The rooms are quite spacious , the bathroom is a good size but is let down by old carpets , old tv and poor air conditioning. Also wifi was only available in the lobby which for a hotel of this standing was poor. The breakfast was good with plenty of choices and the service was good and efficient. The pool area was ok without being special .I was informed that the hotel was going through a period of overhaul so I guess in a couple a months things might be a bit more modern but you can only judge what you see so at the moment it would rate as an average hotel. Location and good staff help lift its standing but would I stay there again? - not sure.

2 Thank ozclive
HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I am pleased to say that we are in the process of upgrading our facilities for new TVs, safes and Wi-Fi for the entire hotel in the initial stages. There are plans in place to refurbish the entire hotel in the near future. We will keep everyone updated.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance and inquiries.

Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We are repeat guests and this 8 day stay did not let us down. Upon arrival we had a glitch re our room allocation. Front desk were more than accommodating, the day manager understood our concerns and was sensitive to our needs. A huge thank you. The staff are excellent, nothing too much bother. As is usual loved the Lobby lounge, the huge breakfast selection, room service and the added bonus of the Club lounge and facilities. When booking stretch your dollar to a Club room with lounge facilities, excellent! The hotel is within easy walking distance to the great shopping in Bukit Bintang. Nearby is a covered air conditioned walkway to the Petronas Towers and also near is the monorail. I understand some upgrading is to be carried out in the hotel but we did not experience any concerns on this trip, we were more than happy with our stay, great room, would recommend.

Room Tip: Request a Club room with views to the Petronas Towers.
3 Thank Kat H
HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind comments and highlighting positively on our services and the staff.
I am glad that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay at The Hotel Istana and in KL.

As you have correctly pointed out, we are currently upgrading our facilities for TVs, safes, plumbing works and Wi-Fi for the entire hotel.

We look forward to your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

merseyside
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel is a 3 star hotel the rooms are a little tired but the staff and food make up for that everyone is so helpful I would stay here again we stayed on the 19th floor in a club room but it was a suite,when we arrived we got room service this was about 11pm and nothing was to much trouble

Room Tip: Go for a club room you get access to the club room on the 20th floor with free wifi and you can get...
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind comments of staff and services. It is greatly appreciated.
Please note we are also currently upgrading our facilities for TVs, safes and Wi-Fi for the entire hotel.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was recommended by a friend as it is close to Jalan Alor which is like a food street. The room I was assigned to was very spacious. Unfortunately it was worn out especially the bathroom. On the second day, I rang the housekeeping that there was always water on the floor near to the toilet. There could be a leak somewhere. They said they would send someone to check. However, until the day I left, nothing had been done.

Food they served for breakfast is of wide varieties. Staff in the restaurant could help with a smile. Not that they were not helpful. They just looked very unhappy.

Had a drink in the lobby one evening. I requested to put the bill to my room. But the waitress came back saying I couldn't. I had to pay by cash or credit card on the spot. This is the first time ever happened to me that as an in-house guest, I could not have incidental charges put into my room bill.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guests,

Thank you for writing you comments even though we had failed to deliver the service that were to your expectations. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Please note we are currently upgrading our facilities for TVs, safes and Wi-Fi for the entire hotel.
And a full refurbishment of the entire hotel is planned for the future

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We spent 2 nights at Istana in June 2014. We were exhausted from our flight and the staff's friendliness and smiling faces made us feel better as we walked in. The Foyer of the hotel is very impressive and we were welcomed very warmly. Check in and check out were both quick and stress free process. The room was spacious and very clean, lovely big bathroom all though a bit dated. The Pool are was very nice and the grounds very well kept, Towels were provide for the sun beds. The hotel is situated 5 mins walk from Bukit Bintang and 2 mins walk from the MRT. Overall we enjoyed our stay and it was good value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
We are proud that we were able make your stay a memorable one. And thank you for highlighting our services and how good our staff were. Its much appreciated and very motivating.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

With 3 adults and a child in our family we struggled to find a hotel that would cater for us. Whereas most hotels couldn't guarantee we'd be on the same floor if we booked 2 rooms, Hotel Istana gave us an amazing 2 bedroom suite for a much cheaper price. Plus it included the club room which is a great escape from the heat and a bit of time to wind down with amazing service, drinks and snacks. We plan on going back soon :)

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for posting your wonderful experience during your stay at The Istana. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.