Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel and Residences
US$243
US$212
ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$138
US$80
US$84
  • Restaurant
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$102
US$71
US$110
US$83
  • Restaurant
Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral(Kuala Lumpur)
US$79
US$72
US$163
US$146
  • Fitness centre
US$116
US$109
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$164
US$128
Sunway Putra Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$67
3,337 results
All reviewswedding plannerbanquet teampavilion mallkids clubpetronas towersbedroom apartmentbukit bintangpool barchinese restaurantexcellent hotelgolden trianglebuffet breakfastthe executive loungeshopping centreprinceaccorconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I have to say that due to previous reviews on here, I was slightly cautious about staying at this hotel. However, all my fears were unfounded. The staff were charming, friendly and really helpful. They were there to help at all times without being intrusive.

The only thing that I would say about the room was that compared to other hotels in KL, like Sheraton Imperial, Westin, the room was a tad on the small side and some furnishings can and should be updated. The bathroom were really nice and cosy and its a great idea to have a good shower as well as a bath provided as well.

We had to minor hiccups whilst staying there but it was promptly resolved by the helpful staff. 1. Our room wasn't clean when we came back at 4.30pm. We called housekeeping and they came up and clean it straightaway. 2. Laundry went missing. We had 2bags of laundry and one bag went missing but they managed to track it down for us.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Overall we enjoyed this hotel a lot. It's a very high standard 5-star. We felt that we got really excellent value for our room rate of c.100 USD incl breakfast, which is a LOT less than the rack-rate.

The location was near to shops, TT, KLCC. It is not near to Chinatown or Little India, but taxis not expensive to visit these areas.

The only significant negative is that the pool and jacuzzi are cold which is not ideal for leisure travellers.

Tip: Get really good and inexpensive ethnic food on the 4th floor food court of the Suria KLCC center - 10 mins walk away. Otherwise, inexpensive ethnic food options are hard to find in this rather "westernised" area.

Pros:
+ REALLY excellent breakfast buffet - lots of variety in ethnic and western food options
+ Very good value wide-selection lunch and dinner buffet (with 30% discount for guests)
+ large pool, can actually swim laps; that's unusual in hotel pools
+ free internet in rooms
+ very helpful staff, e.g. one of the chefs remembered each day that my wife had asked for bananas and brought them to our table, also a restaurant manager who was very friendly and helpful with our kids.
+ we had a really excellent room rate, around the US100 level compared with a standard room rate something like 700 if I remember correctly
+ the location is very good - 10 mins walk from the Twin Towers, less to KLCC, lots of shopping centers nearby (3 mins walk to Pavilion SC).
+ excellent cleanliness and appearance
+ fridge in room

Neither pro nor con:
= there was a mixup on checkin about our booking (regarding number of included breakfasts), however the receptionist resolved this quickly to our satisfaction.
= There is an alright gym, but only 2 running machines which is not enough
= kids club is ok, maybe if there were more kids around there would be more of an atmosphere.

Cons:
- It is not in a low-cost area so it's hard to find inexpensive restaurants and you need to go across town to the more ethnic areas.
- pool area is usually in shadow and water is quite cool. Even the jacuzzi was cool.
- there is a charge to use the PCs in the business center (doesn't make sense, when internet is free in rooms... we didn't have a laptop with us)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank fter
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Just stayed at the Prince for a couple of nights recently while on a business trip.
I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the service. An efficient and friendly check in service and friendly housekeeping staff (in my experience these services in KL hotels are abysmal).
Location is good, right across from Pavillion and in the Bukit Bintang area. Lots of food and shopping.
Next time I am in K, I will definitely request the Prince.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Mmonkie
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I was there attending a business meeting and stayed 2 more days on holidays with my wife. My booking has been arranged by the meeting organizers for the days of the meeting and I've asked a reservation of two extra days to be payed by me. When they quoted the price for the 2 extra days and after making a search over the internet I discovered that it was 25% more than the internet rate and almost 35% more from other hotels of the similar category. I then decided to move at another hotel and asked them not to extend my reservation. At the same time I informed also the meeting organizer. After about 2 hours the meeting organizer told me that they can give me a better price similar to the one at the internet. They asked me to go to the reception to arrange the booking for the additional 2 days.

I discovered there that the price was not including breakfast and the breakfast was over-rated and I told them that I will not extend. After one hour the meeting organizer called me and told me that they will give me the quoted price with breakfast. Again I decided to stay and finally I got the right, but still expensive, price.

After this the stay was OK, room average nothing to remember, good breakfast and average service. The most notable thing: the AMAZING dry Martini at the bar and the very good live Jazz singer. Location is excellent.

The SPA is OK but expensive. After the end of the session they tried to sell us products something that I didn't appreciated.

A lot of staff but it seems that they are not well trained and none really manages the staff. For example: The doormen would hardly open the door for you if they were more than 2 meters away!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Trip_Datum
Lyndond, General Manager at Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2009

Dear Stefanosgr

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and the challenges you experienced in relation to your extension of stay. At the time of your extension our property was experiencing high occupancy over 90%. When this occurs we do yield our rates and this may be why the rate quoted to you at the desk was higher than your conference rate. I have also reviewed our rate parity via the GDS systems and also our rate of the day and have not been able to find any rates that would reflect a 25% variance. I would appreciate if you could contact me to let me know where you experienced this variance so we may address this as maintaining rate parity via the internet is something we take very seriously. I have also checked the rates offered at the time by the other 5 star International Hotels and am confident that our rates were in line and in some cases less than these hotels.

Nonetheless we have clearly left you with a poor impression of our hotel and service for which I would like to extend my sincere apologies.

I have also noted your comments with regard to the offer by the spa staff to sell you items from their product line after your massage. I apologise that this offer caused you offence.

On a positive note, it was pleasing to learn that you enjoyed the Martini and Jazz singer at our Mezzanine bar and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them.

If I may be of any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at enquiry@princehotelkl.com.my.

Reviewed 8 August 2009

VERY DISAPPOINTED. Not a 5 star, more like a 3 star. Stayed there for a couple of nights for a wedding. Requested a non smoking room at time of booking and was given a smoking one cos they were all out, full booked - was told I could change my room once a non smoking room became available. I didn't stay long enough to see this eventuate.

It rained the night I got there and the ceiling was leaking water into the carpet. Not cool. The rooms were also old. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. I really hated it. Check in also took forever!

I had a forward booking to return to KL after a side trip to Vietnam. A friend showed me another hotel called The Gardens. I was so impressed that I cancelled my forward booking for The Prince and I loved The Gardens.

The only thing I'd say is, the location is excellent. Walking distance to The Pavillion and also to the Petronas Twin Towers.

Nothing impressive about this hotel otherwise. YUCK YUCK YUCK.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kewpielovesyou
Lyndond, General Manager at Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2009

Dear Kewpielovesyou,

I have taken note of your comments regarding non-smoking rooms and am pleased to advise that more rooms are in the process of being converted into non-smoking to address the issue of availability. As for the leak in your room, this is totally unacceptable. If at all possible, I would appreciate your contacting me on the matter. This is so that we can identify the room and take immediate corrective action. I can be contacted at enquiry@princehotelkl.com.my.

We are committed to the satisfaction of our guests. Please be assured that your feedback is taken seriously and steps to address our shortcomings have been discussed at length with the team.

I would also like to extend to you my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.

Should you plan to make another trip to Kuala Lumpur in the future, I would appreciate if you would allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence and opinion of property and service.

I am confident we can and will do in the future.

Best regards