“Fantastic as always”

Ranked #41 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
gold coast
“Fantastic as always”
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I have stayed at the prince many times over the last few years and it just seems to be getting better every time!I have eaten in all of the food outlets and found them excellent value for money( even in Asia) and covering all types of cuisine .In a word fabulous ! and a very well run hotel..Congratulations to all the staff...

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast
Reviewed 28 September 2009

The Prince Hotel is in a very convenient location; within comfortable walking distance of some interesting tourist attractions such as Petronis Towers, an art-craft-cultural centre, a large park with running track and a huge children's play area. Directly opposite the hotel is an enormous shopping centre with shops catering for everyone as well as cinemas, bars, restaurants, food court etc.
From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we were treated like royalty.
Staff members opened our taxi's doors, greeted us warmly, unloaded our luggage and showed us to reception. There, the reception staff again welcomed us, quickly found our reservation and completed our check-in professionally and efficiently. The friendly porter showed us to our room and unloaded our luggage.
Our room was palatial. It had a king sized bed (very comfortable), two seater sofa, a desk, a large lcd tv, a well stocked bar fridge, a separate walk-in robe area (with a safe), a make up table and lighted mirror, a large bathroom (including a separate bath) containing all the lotions, shampoos etc. that you could ever want. We also had a large curved window with a view of the city / streetscape. There was a high speed broadband connection available although we did not use this.
The main dining room was large and their buffet breakfast was extensive. The pool area on the 10th level was lovely. Our children enjoyed the pool while we relaxed poolside in a cabana area where we enjoyed a cocktail and an informal meal which were very reasonably priced.
At all times during our stay we found the staff to be friendly, helpful and courteous and I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Dispelarod
Redcliffe
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Centrally located, walk across the road to the pavillion shopping centre and theatres. At this shopping centre you can have your feet nibbled upon by large and small fish, an incredible sensation! You can of course buy anything. The Hotel has three restaurants, the food was wonderful. Our room looked over the Petronia Towers. The airconditioner was working and I enjoyed a back massage and facial in the beauty spa, great after a big plane trip. Evenings are heaven on the 10th floor near the pool watching the sun go down with a cool drink.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I have to say that due to previous reviews on here, I was slightly cautious about staying at this hotel. However, all my fears were unfounded. The staff were charming, friendly and really helpful. They were there to help at all times without being intrusive.

The only thing that I would say about the room was that compared to other hotels in KL, like Sheraton Imperial, Westin, the room was a tad on the small side and some furnishings can and should be updated. The bathroom were really nice and cosy and its a great idea to have a good shower as well as a bath provided as well.

We had to minor hiccups whilst staying there but it was promptly resolved by the helpful staff. 1. Our room wasn't clean when we came back at 4.30pm. We called housekeeping and they came up and clean it straightaway. 2. Laundry went missing. We had 2bags of laundry and one bag went missing but they managed to track it down for us.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Overall we enjoyed this hotel a lot. It's a very high standard 5-star. We felt that we got really excellent value for our room rate of c.100 USD incl breakfast, which is a LOT less than the rack-rate.

The location was near to shops, TT, KLCC. It is not near to Chinatown or Little India, but taxis not expensive to visit these areas.

The only significant negative is that the pool and jacuzzi are cold which is not ideal for leisure travellers.

Tip: Get really good and inexpensive ethnic food on the 4th floor food court of the Suria KLCC center - 10 mins walk away. Otherwise, inexpensive ethnic food options are hard to find in this rather "westernised" area.

Pros:
+ REALLY excellent breakfast buffet - lots of variety in ethnic and western food options
+ Very good value wide-selection lunch and dinner buffet (with 30% discount for guests)
+ large pool, can actually swim laps; that's unusual in hotel pools
+ free internet in rooms
+ very helpful staff, e.g. one of the chefs remembered each day that my wife had asked for bananas and brought them to our table, also a restaurant manager who was very friendly and helpful with our kids.
+ we had a really excellent room rate, around the US100 level compared with a standard room rate something like 700 if I remember correctly
+ the location is very good - 10 mins walk from the Twin Towers, less to KLCC, lots of shopping centers nearby (3 mins walk to Pavilion SC).
+ excellent cleanliness and appearance
+ fridge in room

Neither pro nor con:
= there was a mixup on checkin about our booking (regarding number of included breakfasts), however the receptionist resolved this quickly to our satisfaction.
= There is an alright gym, but only 2 running machines which is not enough
= kids club is ok, maybe if there were more kids around there would be more of an atmosphere.

Cons:
- It is not in a low-cost area so it's hard to find inexpensive restaurants and you need to go across town to the more ethnic areas.
- pool area is usually in shadow and water is quite cool. Even the jacuzzi was cool.
- there is a charge to use the PCs in the business center (doesn't make sense, when internet is free in rooms... we didn't have a laptop with us)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank fter
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Just stayed at the Prince for a couple of nights recently while on a business trip.
I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the service. An efficient and friendly check in service and friendly housekeeping staff (in my experience these services in KL hotels are abysmal).
Location is good, right across from Pavillion and in the Bukit Bintang area. Lots of food and shopping.
Next time I am in K, I will definitely request the Prince.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Mmonkie
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I was there attending a business meeting and stayed 2 more days on holidays with my wife. My booking has been arranged by the meeting organizers for the days of the meeting and I've asked a reservation of two extra days to be payed by me. When they quoted the price for the 2 extra days and after making a search over the internet I discovered that it was 25% more than the internet rate and almost 35% more from other hotels of the similar category. I then decided to move at another hotel and asked them not to extend my reservation. At the same time I informed also the meeting organizer. After about 2 hours the meeting organizer told me that they can give me a better price similar to the one at the internet. They asked me to go to the reception to arrange the booking for the additional 2 days.

I discovered there that the price was not including breakfast and the breakfast was over-rated and I told them that I will not extend. After one hour the meeting organizer called me and told me that they will give me the quoted price with breakfast. Again I decided to stay and finally I got the right, but still expensive, price.

After this the stay was OK, room average nothing to remember, good breakfast and average service. The most notable thing: the AMAZING dry Martini at the bar and the very good live Jazz singer. Location is excellent.

The SPA is OK but expensive. After the end of the session they tried to sell us products something that I didn't appreciated.

A lot of staff but it seems that they are not well trained and none really manages the staff. For example: The doormen would hardly open the door for you if they were more than 2 meters away!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Trip_Datum
Lyndond, General Manager at Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel And Residences, responded to this review, 24 August 2009
Dear Stefanosgr

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and the challenges you experienced in relation to your extension of stay. At the time of your extension our property was experiencing high occupancy over 90%. When this occurs we do yield our rates and this may be why the rate quoted to you at the desk was higher than your conference rate. I have also reviewed our rate parity via the GDS systems and also our rate of the day and have not been able to find any rates that would reflect a 25% variance. I would appreciate if you could contact me to let me know where you experienced this variance so we may address this as maintaining rate parity via the internet is something we take very seriously. I have also checked the rates offered at the time by the other 5 star International Hotels and am confident that our rates were in line and in some cases less than these hotels.

Nonetheless we have clearly left you with a poor impression of our hotel and service for which I would like to extend my sincere apologies.

I have also noted your comments with regard to the offer by the spa staff to sell you items from their product line after your massage. I apologise that this offer caused you offence.

On a positive note, it was pleasing to learn that you enjoyed the Martini and Jazz singer at our Mezzanine bar and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them.

If I may be of any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at enquiry@princehotelkl.com.my.