Been staying regularly at the M.O in KL since it first opened in the late 90s. It was state of the art when it opened , and has aged well since. The scale and simplicity of the public areas makes it very user friendly , and the sense of familiarity makes it a home from home . Staff are unfailing in recognising returning guests and this enhances the "family' feel . All the restaurant outlets have been refurbished over the years and with leading Chinese and Grill room restaurants in house there's almost no reason to leave on a short stay. My personal favourite is the cosy Cuban themed cigar lounge , where late night stogies can be enjoyed with business friends and colleagues.
The pool area , spa and health club are first rate - the view across downtown KL from the infinity pool is iconic.
The rooms are large , with spectacular views over the city and KLCC parkland. Go for an Executive room for more space at little extra cost . The rooms are comfortable , but they do need to start a programme of gradual refurbishment as the decor and fittings are now 15 years old. Knowing this group of hotels well it will doubtless be on the cards.
The room rates at this M.O are very good value - if you are holidaying in this part of the world and fancy a bit of low cost pampering at one of the leading 5* hotels in Asia then this is the place to do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated adjacent to the iconic PETRONAS Twin Towers, Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur is the city's leading luxury hotel with 643 well appointed rooms, suites and serviced apartments. Delight your senses with an array of cuisines showcased in ten innovative outlets. Escape Kuala Lumpur's urban bustle at The Spa with rejuvenating facials, body treatments and award winning Signature Therapies for a holistic wellbeing. Take a dip at the infinity edge pool overlooking the spectacular city skyline or be mesmerized by the magnificent display of KLCC Lake Symphony Fountain at the Esplanade KLCC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, Travelbag, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Mandarin Oriental