Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur
US$115
Trip.com
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$164
Hotel Istana(Kuala Lumpur)
US$98
US$80
Agoda.com
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$186
US$164
US$143
  • Fitness centre
US$94
US$80
Sunway Putra Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$67
Agoda.com
Dorsett Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$75
5,352 results
All reviewspetronas towersmosaic restaurantthe club loungeklcc parkpark viewinfinity poolour honeymoonchinese restaurantluxury hotelwonderful hotelshopping mallbuffet breakfastbukit bintangmosaicsmoklheenkeiko
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Am suppose to stay   at the Mandarin Oriantal  kuala lumpur    For 4 night  and I made booking for  the park suite ... Every thing was ok  until i reached the suite .. Living room nice with a beautiful view of the  kuala Lumpur  park and the patron towers.
But i had to leave the HOTEL the next morning for the following which I found:
1- bedroom of suite are tooooooo small compare to the living room
2-bathrooms are tooooooooooo small and bad drainage in the sink and very old
3- the closet are tooooooooooooooo small and its not enough for two persons.
4- the horrible pluming in the toilets  feels like you are in a cheap hotel
 5-water pressure in the bathrooms are to low
The room is badly need a renovation
In the mean time

The Hotel staff are great
The club lounge are so great
The Mandarin Grill is very nice and had good food
But
the Bar is full of smoke and had bad ventilation and very noisy and looks like a cheap pub

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank anwaralyagout
Frank S, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Anwar_kuwait

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We have taken note of your comments about your room. Our sincere apologies that the bedroom and bathroom were to small in your suite and that you had challenges with the plumbing. We are pleased to share that we have plans for a complete renovation of the guestrooms in 2014 which will complement the needs of discerning travelers like you.

Further, we have highlighted the ventilation matter to our Director of Engineering. Thorough inspection had been conducted to affect any possible upgrading or enhancement.

We are delighted to note of your positive feedback about our colleagues and Club Lounge. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future, for a much better stay next time.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

This was my first stay in Mandarin Oriental and I must say, the hotel is absolutely beautiful and the service is excellent, the staff make you feel like royalty. The rooms have everything you could ask for, beautiful view and the best location right next to Petronas Towers with massive shopping centre. We stayed for 2 nights only and wished we could stay there longer, their infinity pool is great with stunning view at the skyline. One day we discovered a cake for my husband's birthday which was one week prior our stay, very thoughtful. We also had dinner one night in the hotel's restaurant Lai Po Heen and the food is absolutely delicious, well worth trying.

Room Tip: We had park view which was really nice, see photo
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrisCZ

Dear IrisCZ

Thank you for choosing to stay in Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur.

We are pleased to note of your delightful experience...feedback such as yours will certainly motivate our colleagues, especially our Guest Recognition Team, to continuously delight and satisfy our guests.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

This was my 2nd stay after the last bad experience during our stayed in MO KL.

Last stay it was so perfect, surprised birthday celebration (set up of balloons in the room), EGG FREE cake was prepared for my son.
Everything was arranged up to standard.
I appreciated everything had done for my family.

After 2 months, we returned to MO KL.
First nights was alright, booking (same day booking upon arrival), although check in was slow, we reached at 4pm and was told that the room booked was not available. The duty manager arranged us to temporary room until 4:30pm. We were out of hotel on the first afternoon, hence we didn't know when the room was ready and when our luggages were transferred to our Executive Park View King room. After we returned to the new room at 9pm plus, I ordered a plate of Mee Goreng Mamak for my children from room service.. I specifically informed them NOT to fried the noodle with egg but to put aside the fried egg as my son is allergy to egg but my daughter loves to eat egg. Order was taken, served as per my request.

This morning, I make the same order at 8:59am. I also specifically informed the staff in charge NOT to fried egg with the noodle but to put the fried egg aside.
Noodle was served. After I have fed my son the noodle a few scoops, I found that there was egg in the noodle.
We have to immediately give him the anti-allergy medicine.
Then we called the room service, informed them the matter. The staff offered to exchange a new plate of noodle for us. We rejected as my son has already taken the noodle with egg.

I then emailed the GM and duty manager regarding this matter.
No reply from them until about 3pm, a duty manager called to find out what was the problem.
And a message from the duty manager was placed under our door to seek us contact the front office.
I called the duty manager, she apologized on the matter and informed us that she has waived the noodle charge from our bill.
I told her, it is not about waiving of the charge. It is about how CARELESS of their staff to serve something allergy to a 5 years old child. I told her I didn't mind them charging me the noodle. Anyhow it is not costly to me. I told her it can be very serious that some people is very allergy to egg. Eg.: allergy can cause difficulty in breathing, swollen of internal organs.

We are so unhappy that this accident happened. This can be prevented if the staff in charge is CARE and SERIOUS about his job.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ok_xin
Frank S, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear ok_xin

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We are most concerned to note about the unpleasant experience and we apologize for the service shortfall. Your constructive feedback allows us to monitor our service and improve ourselves wherever possible. We have addressed the matter with our Director of Food & Beverage and a review of our control standards retraining has been conducted to ensure that there are no recurrences in the near future. We are very aware of the serious nature of food allergies and take precautions seriously.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again next time, for a better experience…with our assurance of complete compliance in regards to your child’s food allergy.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

It's been around for a longtime, sitting in the shadows of the Petronas towers. That was the view from the Club Room that I had. It was a fantastic sight of modern Malaysia. The room itself was comfortable, albeit a little tired. Bed was fine, the shower was the same. Connection to the Internet was easy and fast. One big annoyance was the connecting door to the adjoining room where a family decided to have 2 am room service. The noise woke me out of a dead sleep. As mentioned, mine was a club room. It was a surprise upgrade. As such I can't vouch for the standard of the standard rooms. Overall I would recommend the MO for a business stay.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear geoffps

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We have taken note of your comments on the rooms being comfortable but a bit tired. we are pleased to share that we have plans for a complete renovation of the guestrooms in 2014 which will complement the needs of discerning travelers like you.

We are delighted to note of your positive feedback and recommendation and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to Kuala Lumpur again.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Very nice hotel and would definitely go back. Lovely steak place. Rooms were fab, only one let down was a terrible meal as we ate at midnight in the only restaurant open, burgers were awful bad food was cold. However they didn't charge us for two of the meals.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear 834HennieB

Thank you for choosing to stay with Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur.

We are glad to receive your positive observations and trust that they will further motivate our colleagues in our mission to completely delight and satisfy our guests.

We have further noted on the disappointing food experience you had at our all-day-dining outlet and we have highlighted this matter to our Director of Food & Beverage. Our colleagues have been re-briefed to avoid any re-occurrence in the future. Our sincere apologies for your less-than-satisfactory visit on this occasion.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel again in the future, next time for an even better stay.