The Mandarin made our stay in KL fantastic, from airport pickup to dropoff. We opted for the car service from the airport, as we were flying into LCCT, which can be quite a headache at times. I had read questionable reviews about the car service, so wasn't really sure what to expect, but it was fabulous. The attendant was easy to spot and was very efficient, checking us in immediately and arranging for our car to come and pick us up. The car itself was great - cold towels and water were waiting for us upon entering, and there was even a wifi hotspot set up so that we could surf the internet during our 45 min drive.
Regarding the hotel, I cannot say enough great things about it. We chose the "Romantic Rendezvous" package and upon arriving were met curbside with a flower bouquet. We were immediately brought upstairs to our room for an in-room check in and had champagne, fruit, and chocolate waiting for us. The room itself was beautiful - rich, dark wood on the door frames and tables, and we had a view of the petronas towers. The employee who checked us in informed us of the club lounge and also said that we were entitled to a drawn bath and dinner at the downstairs restaurant (Mandarin Grill) as part of our package. We arranged for the bath that evening, and they came in and set up a bubble bath complete with rose petals and oils. It was beautiful! We had our dinner the following night and the food was just lovely. They even set up rose petals at our table. It was very nice and the attention to detail was outstanding.
The pool was awesome. Set on the rooftop of the lower tower, you get beautiful views of the park and surrounding buildings. The staff even brought out complimentary juices to everyone sitting around the pool (kiwi lemonade, etc).
The service at the hotel was top-notch. Every little thing we needed was taken care of, and the staff was extremely friendly. This was my first time staying at the Mandarin after hearing countless positive things from my colleagues. I am so happy that we went and will definitely be staying there again on future trips to KL!
Mandarin, you have won me over - I won't be staying at another hotel in KL as long as you are around!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated adjacent to the iconic PETRONAS Twin Towers, Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur is the city's leading luxury hotel with 643 well appointed rooms, suites and serviced apartments. Delight your senses with an array of cuisines showcased in ten innovative outlets. Escape Kuala Lumpur's urban bustle at The Spa with rejuvenating facials, body treatments and award winning Signature Therapies for a holistic wellbeing. Take a dip at the infinity edge pool overlooking the spectacular city skyline or be mesmerized by the magnificent display of KLCC Lake Symphony Fountain at the Esplanade KLCC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Mandarin Oriental