First, it’s at the perfect location; part of the Kuala Lumpur City Centre complex that houses the Petronas Twin Towers, the convention centre, the KLCC Aquaria, a great park, the wonderful Symphony Fountain, the Suria Mall…..it’s all spitting distance from the hotel.
Second, it’s a Mandarin Oriental so the standards are exceedingly high and this particular property excels at meeting the MO standards. Service is near perfect, the dining is excellent, and property maintenance (especially for an aging hotel) is good. It’s elegant and it’s comfortable. Naturally it’s a busy hotel, which you’d expect of a MO in the city centre but for holidayers, it isn’t really intrusive.
The rooms you get are the park view, the Petronas towers view, and a city view. If you’re a holiday traveller go with your budget because however good the rooms and views are, you’ll want to be stepping out into a fairly happening city. If you’re a business traveller, anything on the club floors is fine.
There are plenty of dining options both inside the property as well as in easy walking distance, but the hotel’s Wasabi Bistro (California-Japanese cuisine) is worth a slightly expensive visit.
There’s been a lot of gripe on this forum about Wifi not being free and the GM has religiously been responding with the usual platitudes. However, online bookings, club floors and maybe some others get complimentary connectivity. For the rest, either go to Starbucks or pay the fee….not really worth getting annoyed about.
As a final word, staff at the Concierge desk are really helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated adjacent to the iconic PETRONAS Twin Towers, Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur is the city's leading luxury hotel with 643 well appointed rooms, suites and serviced apartments. Delight your senses with an array of cuisines showcased in ten innovative outlets. Escape Kuala Lumpur's urban bustle at The Spa with rejuvenating facials, body treatments and award winning Signature Therapies for a holistic wellbeing. Take a dip at the infinity edge pool overlooking the spectacular city skyline or be mesmerized by the magnificent display of KLCC Lake Symphony Fountain at the Esplanade KLCC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Mandarin Oriental