“Huge business hotel”

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #49 of 353 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Another short business trip, seminar. 3 days stay. A really really big hotel, seems to have hundreds and hundreds of rooms
Can't complain about the rooms or the service. Was really quite spacious and the service very good. Complimentary wi-fi - as part of the deal.
What I didn't like was the food. The buffet spread during all the meals ( we had meal coupons for all the buffets)- were rather too Malay, and hence not much fun for me. I opted to eat out wherever possible- except of course during breakfast when it was not really an option.

That too was not very good. Funny incident, I opted for a boiled egg. Tried to crack it against my bowl,- it was raw- yuck ! A case of poor labeling. Lucky didn't spoil my dress.

Apart from that, the service was very good, and frankly the appetizers and snacks they served during the sessions were much tastier. I suppose to be fair to them, a buffet must cater to the usual clientele, and I guess an A-la-carte preparation would probably be good - but didn't get to try.

Will I stay there- not on my own money- not because it's not affordable- it is. It's just that in KL - you have so many other options, and I would prefer something slightly less formidable and huge.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

As August is the month of Ramadan and Hari Raya for Malaysians, we wanted to introduce a bit of local flavor delights. Our chefs were pulling all the stops to really bring in the essence of Malaysia, we do apologize if it doesn't meet your taste buds. We've taken your comment into consideration and will plan our meal plan accordingly in the future.

Melvin Lim

Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed 22 August 2011

the main attraction of this hotel is its location...its at the doorstep of pavillion mall and the gateway to bukit bintang the best shopping district in KL.

the staff were average and the rooms were clean functional pretty large and well layed out

the only issue is the rates which fluctuate ,i have stayed at the hotel 3 times and all three times got a drastic different rate for the same room.i guess thats the luck of the draw
other than that no complains and would stay here anytime
the beds are fabulous and assure a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: hope for the cheapest rates
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Our room got upgraded upon arrival which is nice and spacious. It is on the lower floor so you just get a glimpse of the city skyline. The best thing about the hotel apart from the room , is the location. It is in the heart of Bukit Bintang area so everything is within walking distance such as the shopping mall and all sorts of eateries. Considering the location, the hotel lobby is still quite lively with people even past midnight.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

One needs to strip away the years and imagine what this hotel was like 30-40 years ago when it was new and KL was a backwater. Now, imagine time passing by and the hotel just wearing down with no renovation. Jump 30-40 years and that is exactly what you get now.

On the plus side, it is a good location.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us.
We are looking into refurbishment plans, hopefully it will be ready by the time you come back.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2011

The hotel was crowded & fully booked during our stay. As you enter you see the lovely lobby & a huge chandelier. The staff were friendly & the check-in process was fast. The room had a lovely viw to the pavilion mall & the patronas. However the room (especially the toilet) and the amenities were not great. Breakfast buffet was excellent with varieties & many options. The concierge staff were super efficient, helpful & informative

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, we will take in your feedback in regards to the amenities and will look to improve it.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

I checked into the Grand Millennium Kl with my husband, 3 kids all under 6 years old and my over 60 year old parent-in-laws. the hotel is located in a very central location and is definitely impeccable in terms of accessibility to food, shopping and the night life.
However, what I wanted to share is really the experience at the hotel. I was greeted by wonderful reception when I checked in. Upon arrival, check-in went without a glitch. In fact, it was only at that point that we were informed that the hotel is offering us a free upgrade to the rooms. I was truly appreciative of that. After sorting out the neccessary at check-in, we were even personally guided to our rooms by the Guest Relations Officer. THANK YOU, YUKI!
The rooms? Wonderful! Imagine coming into a room with clean sheets, flat screen TV and a nice recline chair. Normal? You might say that. Add the following in then: aroma oils burning, personalised cards signed by the General Manager, Mr Melvin Lim to greet your whole family, a basket of fresh fruits, a nicely lined baby cot for baby with new fresh bed linen that comes with matching blanket, pillow and even saftely cot cushions! I am not done yet. The baby even has his own set of baby toiletries! How is that for service!
Everywhere we went, the lounge, the dining floors, we were greeted with smiles and warm gestures. My baby suffered a small cut on his tiny finger during breakfast and the whole crowd of servers and the manager all came by to ask how he was. We were truly touched.
To be honest, I was rather concerned when I read some of the reviews here about the hotel and was worried that what was shared would make this holiday trip a drag. To be fair, I truly think that due credit should be given to this hotel for making an effort to be different through the one asset that is of most important during an overseas stay: the people that forms the soul of a place. This place makes you feel that it is like a home away from home.
Sure, there is rust near the rinser at the bath tub, the taps are ancient looking and the furniture probably needs a fresh change but the smiles and ernest willingness to make one's stay here memorable was great. Ina, the waitress at the lounge shared with my husband and I her experience working on an exchange programme in Bali. Wadki ( sorry if I got your name wrong!) on the executive club floor served me the nicest cup of hot coffee at 11pm at night. Prompt housekeeping with a smile. These are the things that, to me, matters.I travel quite extensively with my whole family very often and I can truly say that this is one experience that I will always share with people if they are keen for a stay in KL.
Mind you, I did not afford a suite to share this experience. In fact, I paid for 2 normal rooms on early bird specials online.
I will definitely come back here again soon!

Room Tip: Drop the hotel an email and let them know your needs. They will try their best to accommodate.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Super location right near Pavillion Shopping Mall and plenty of great bars, restaurants and nighlife right on the doorstep. The service is outstanding, the staff seem to pay attention to small details. The rooms are spacious and clean. The fitness centre has an excellent locker room with spa, steam etc which is great for unwinding after a long day. Price was VERY competitive compared to comparable properties in KL. Great for businessmen, and holiday makers who love shopping.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business