“Hotel next to Pavillion shopping”

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #47 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Hotel next to Pavillion shopping”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Great experience. Friendly staff. Good Japanese restaurant Tenjin serves fresh bento set.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My stay was in the Presidential Suite. After reading up about the hotel, expecting to have 5 star hotel service, booked the stay for 3D2N for the 3rd Sep weekend.
With my family of 2 adults and 3 kids, we drove to the hotel and was greeted with warm reception by the bellboys, leading us to the check in counters.
I went over to the executive check in... was directed to the normal check in counter eventhough i have informed that i'm checking in for presidential suite???!!!! Nevermind, they may have to confirm my private check in first, etc.....But, guess what the indian guy at the reception said? "Sir, your booking is for the executive room", with a look from the corner of his eyes..... I was fuming and shoved my ipad with the email confirmation to him!!! Took 15 mins to clarify and the lady, Ras, from the executive counter rushed over, apologising profusely for the delay and mixed up...
When we were escorted to my room on the 16th floor, it wasn't properly cleaned up prior to my arrival... Ras mentioned that she will send the team over to clean up while we rest... anyway, cut it short..... the cleaning wasn't done until next morning's daily cleaning.
Please note that there is NO BUTLER at all which was proclaimed on their website!
We have to do everything ourselves, including waiting for the kettle to be replaced, for you know what? Yes, i gotta brew my own coffee, while staying in the suite!!!
Imagine staying in a presidential suite and the only advantage you have is 2 spacious rooms, extra large living space.......... i dialled #1 and asked for coffee and the reply was:" sir, we have complimentary coffee making facilities in the pantry area..."
However, the staffs on the exec floor and lounge were professional and listened to my pent up frustration about not having whats due for my stay. And confirmed that there are not butler assigned eventhough this is reflected in their website..
So, tell me.... I stayed in the presidential suite with nothing more than a bigger living space than other average rooms, so who will pay more with nothing more in services???
OR i have to mention this, maybe because my stay is complimentary, thats why....
Stay here for the location and space, but service in a suite.... go for others located opposite the road....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us.

We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectation.
We will look into the reservation process and implement training in order to avoid this issue in the future, thank you for bringing this up to us. We do apologize regarding the room cleaning, there was no excuse from our side I will personally look into this issue. In regards to the butler service, there was an error on our website we have since corrected. Just to clarify, at the moment we do not provide butler service, however our 24-hours one touch service is available at guest's disposal.

Please contact me at the hotel so I can investigate this issue further and once again our sincere apology.

Richmond, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Right in the middle of Bukit Bintang, this has amazing access to central KL and its plethora of shops and restaurants. The hotel was listed as 5 stars, and in my opinion, lived up to it very well. We were greeted by a small army of valets and porters who by the time we checked in had our rooms set up and luggage stowed accordingly. The hotel facilities were clean and polished, and our room was quite large given we were in the center of one of KL's busiest districts. Our room had a large flat screen TV, safe, huge and comfortable bed, and probably the best shower I've had during my 6 week Asian tour. The Grand Millennium sat between a row of amazing middle eastern restaurants and the Pavilion Shopping Centre. To be honest, anything you could want was with a few minute walk and it was also convenient to all modes of transport, including the KL Monorail, a taxi rank immediately in front of the hotel, and affordable valet parking. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Vedry good location the middle of the CBD right next to malls and a train station. Rooms were comfy and decent sized. Reception was helpful and corteous but overall lacked charatcter.

Amazingly at arnd 8 pm teh bar had no accompaniments to serve along with the drinks

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ashuc
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and also for your very positive comments.
Our apologies on the snacks, we will take your feedback in and will serve them accordingly.

We hope to see you again.

Singapore
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Booked their spectular saver with Breakfast at MYR378.75 excl taxes. Great value considering hotel is situated in the heart of Golden Triangle surrounded by shopping and restaurants. Traffic in the city is horrendous on weekdays and getting taxis without being harrassed by touts is difficult so you cannot beat the hotel in terms of location. This used to be the Regent and is showing its age. Some rooms are renovated and some are not. Breakfast efficient with a reasonably good spread. Room spacious and everything worked which makes this my favourite hotel to stay in Kuala Lumpur. I usually have good experiences with this hotel except my last stay. Front desk could not accomodate our request for non-smoking room but assured us that the replacement room was newly renovated, so smoke should not be so bad. In reality we were given about the worst room possible, reeking of years of accumulated smoke, chipped furniture and definetely not recently renovated with an ancient aircond still on fahrenheit and manual lever thermostat. When I called front desk shortly, I was given a much better non-smoking room immediately which made me wonder why they didn't offer it to me in the beginning.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, insist on a non-smoking room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katzip
Dear Valued Guest,

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused on the non-smoking room. We are looking into this closely with our front office operations to ensure this does not occur again.

Once again thank you for the feedback and we look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Another short business trip, seminar. 3 days stay. A really really big hotel, seems to have hundreds and hundreds of rooms
Can't complain about the rooms or the service. Was really quite spacious and the service very good. Complimentary wi-fi - as part of the deal.
What I didn't like was the food. The buffet spread during all the meals ( we had meal coupons for all the buffets)- were rather too Malay, and hence not much fun for me. I opted to eat out wherever possible- except of course during breakfast when it was not really an option.

That too was not very good. Funny incident, I opted for a boiled egg. Tried to crack it against my bowl,- it was raw- yuck ! A case of poor labeling. Lucky didn't spoil my dress.

Apart from that, the service was very good, and frankly the appetizers and snacks they served during the sessions were much tastier. I suppose to be fair to them, a buffet must cater to the usual clientele, and I guess an A-la-carte preparation would probably be good - but didn't get to try.

Will I stay there- not on my own money- not because it's not affordable- it is. It's just that in KL - you have so many other options, and I would prefer something slightly less formidable and huge.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

As August is the month of Ramadan and Hari Raya for Malaysians, we wanted to introduce a bit of local flavor delights. Our chefs were pulling all the stops to really bring in the essence of Malaysia, we do apologize if it doesn't meet your taste buds. We've taken your comment into consideration and will plan our meal plan accordingly in the future.

Once again thank you and we look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

mumbai,india
Reviewed 22 August 2011

the main attraction of this hotel is its location...its at the doorstep of pavillion mall and the gateway to bukit bintang the best shopping district in KL.

the staff were average and the rooms were clean functional pretty large and well layed out

the only issue is the rates which fluctuate ,i have stayed at the hotel 3 times and all three times got a drastic different rate for the same room.i guess thats the luck of the draw
other than that no complains and would stay here anytime
the beds are fabulous and assure a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: hope for the cheapest rates
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family