“This is not a 5* hotel. Do Not Go Here, if your looking for the luxury of a 5* Hotel”

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #46 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Car Park Smells Foul, than you will have an obstacle course of steps up and down to carry your luggage into the main foyer. Your likely to be greeted by someone..than ushered into a Q, where once you havce got your room, your next dissapointment will come. THE ROOM. It's dated, dirty covers on the seats and a sofa that looks like a granny has been in it for the last 5 years. There will only be 2 extremly fluffy pillows, and no other choices..NO WIFI, NO WIRED internet, unless you pay RM55.. Thats not 5 star, and when you ask the duty manager and get a response of "it's mgmt policy", no point staying ther.. next all basic necassities in a 5* will have to be paid for, including the toilet roll..Bfast was not that much better.. Just average.

Reallity is this pl;ace is in a perfect location, maybe be priced for a 3 star+, for what it offers in terms of lack of luxery offered to be called a 5* hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mdadabho
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us.
We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectation. In regards to the car park, we have a periodic schedule of cleaning and maintenance ongoing. But for hotel guest that drives we actually provide valet car service. And we do have pillow available on request.

In regards to the Internet access, we provide fiber-optic high-speed broadband access that is of quality, with this comes the bandwith usage as we are one of the few hotels in KL that provides fiber optic Internet line. We have taken your comments and we are now providing WIFI devices in the room upon request.

Please contact me at the hotel so we can re-establish your trust to us and once again our sincere apology.

Melvin Lim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

The Good:
- Fast check-in and welcoming reception staff
- Concierge staff were consistently friendly and helpful
- Maid service each day was thorough and consistent
- 24 hour gym was a definite plus(although it could do with a good clean and some disinfectant wipes for users to clean equipment after use - definite smell of stale sweat)

The Mediocre:
- Buffet breakfast...same items daily got a little bit boring after a while; if you're just planning a short stay, the buffet will definitely impress, but any longer than a few days the mad rush and the grandmas elbowing you out of the way whilst you wait for an omelette will begin to suck away any enthusiasm.
- Some of the staff were less than helpful; particularly in the restaurant at breakfast...I was given cutlery that had clearly been recently used, as evidenced by the soft egg on them. When I asked for a replacement, there was a long delay, I asked again, eventually got a clean-ish set after about 10 mins.
- Staffing of breakfast area on Sunday was definitely lacking, there were a few members of staff looking stressed and overstretched....this would be fine if there was enough cutlery on tables and a freely available source of tap water but there is neither available in the breakfast area and this was quite frustrating.
- The pool area could do with an update to make it comparable to other local top of the range competitors...it does the job but not too glamorous.
- Wired internet was a real nuisance (the cost is also a bit off-putting)....surely a hotel of this stature must be looking into providing free wifi for its guests in all areas including bedrooms?

The reeeally bad:
- The pubic hair in the shower of my room when I first entered was definitely not a pleasant start to my trip.
- The bedroom smelled of damp
- The hallway smelled of urine
- The cost of extras such as laundry and soft drinks (not minibar - didn't even go there!) was exhorbitant and far greater than any other 'luxury' hotel I have stayed at recently.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank floridian_in_blighty
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and also for your positive comments.

We apologize in regards to the room, we would appreciate if you can contact myself or my team at the hotel for us to investigate this further. We are re-looking into the training structure for our housekeeping team that will avoid any further issue in the future.

Based on your comments, we now provide WIFI devices upon request for in-room usage. Unfortunately we do have to charge for Internet access, as we are using high quality fiber-optic speed to ensure steady Internet connection.

Once again thank you and we look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

Best Regards,
Western Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

After an initially bad stay back in February 2011, I was invited back complimentary in order to attempt to restore my faith back in their property. They did succeed, and my overall stay was enjoyable and it met most of my expectations.

As my arrival was anticipated, I was greeted on arrival by Assistant & Executive Managers (a brief meet and greet etc.) and check-in was done in my room, and was basically a signature, so this process was super quick and efficient. The room was an exact style to the first horrible experience, but far better maintained, much cleaner and overall better in presentation with a complimentary fruit basket - which was appreciated and a nice touch. Everything in the room was functional and of a good standard. I'm sure they went all out to impress me this time, and admittedly they did - the room was very good.

As the location is superior, and so much cuisine is available on or off the adjacent streets and malls, I only used the hotel's facilities once, ordering room service. On the menu there are a few choices from select cuisines, enough to cater for most, and the quality is quite good - but pricey (as most hotel room service meals are - the convenience factor!). The order was taken with ease and it arrived in a timely presentable and manner, delivered by a friendly/polite staff member.

The only fault (this time around) was the check out procedure, which took excessively too long. I actually didn't manage to check out officially, in fact I had to interrupt a customer to tell the receptionist that I was leaving as I handed her my key card. This department of the hotel is really disappointing, with the last experience being an extended wait to check in and this time an extended wait to leave....my faith in this area is shattered. A dismal effort from the front of house.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay, making up for their short falls last time and restoring my faith (somewhat) in the property. Furthermore, I would stay here again, but it may not be my first choice nor would I continually return to stay here, but rather visit other familiar properties (Piccolo Hotel / Ascot) or try a few different alternatives.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your second stay experience with us again.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your meal at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur. We will look into the check-out process and ensure that our front office members are well trained, we thank you for bringing this to us.

Once again thank you for coming back and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed in an Executive Club room which was very good value for money. Hotel a little dated now but overall facilities were excellent. Customer service also excellent. Loved the Zing restaurant! Would recommend this to other travelers.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Katie C
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Great experience. Friendly staff. Good Japanese restaurant Tenjin serves fresh bento set.

• Stayed September 2011
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

My stay was in the Presidential Suite. After reading up about the hotel, expecting to have 5 star hotel service, booked the stay for 3D2N for the 3rd Sep weekend.
With my family of 2 adults and 3 kids, we drove to the hotel and was greeted with warm reception by the bellboys, leading us to the check in counters.
I went over to the executive check in... was directed to the normal check in counter eventhough i have informed that i'm checking in for presidential suite???!!!! Nevermind, they may have to confirm my private check in first, etc.....But, guess what the indian guy at the reception said? "Sir, your booking is for the executive room", with a look from the corner of his eyes..... I was fuming and shoved my ipad with the email confirmation to him!!! Took 15 mins to clarify and the lady, Ras, from the executive counter rushed over, apologising profusely for the delay and mixed up...
When we were escorted to my room on the 16th floor, it wasn't properly cleaned up prior to my arrival... Ras mentioned that she will send the team over to clean up while we rest... anyway, cut it short..... the cleaning wasn't done until next morning's daily cleaning.
Please note that there is NO BUTLER at all which was proclaimed on their website!
We have to do everything ourselves, including waiting for the kettle to be replaced, for you know what? Yes, i gotta brew my own coffee, while staying in the suite!!!
Imagine staying in a presidential suite and the only advantage you have is 2 spacious rooms, extra large living space.......... i dialled #1 and asked for coffee and the reply was:" sir, we have complimentary coffee making facilities in the pantry area..."
However, the staffs on the exec floor and lounge were professional and listened to my pent up frustration about not having whats due for my stay. And confirmed that there are not butler assigned eventhough this is reflected in their website..
So, tell me.... I stayed in the presidential suite with nothing more than a bigger living space than other average rooms, so who will pay more with nothing more in services???
OR i have to mention this, maybe because my stay is complimentary, thats why....
Stay here for the location and space, but service in a suite.... go for others located opposite the road....

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Dear Patrick,

We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectation.
We will look into the reservation process and implement training in order to avoid this issue in the future, thank you for bringing this up to us. We do apologize regarding the room cleaning, there was no excuse from our side I will personally look into this issue. In regards to the butler service, there was an error on our website we have since corrected. Just to clarify, at the moment we do not provide butler service, however our 24-hours one touch service is available at guest's disposal.

Please contact me at the hotel so I can investigate this issue further and once again our sincere apology.

Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Right in the middle of Bukit Bintang, this has amazing access to central KL and its plethora of shops and restaurants. The hotel was listed as 5 stars, and in my opinion, lived up to it very well. We were greeted by a small army of valets and porters who by the time we checked in had our rooms set up and luggage stowed accordingly. The hotel facilities were clean and polished, and our room was quite large given we were in the center of one of KL's busiest districts. Our room had a large flat screen TV, safe, huge and comfortable bed, and probably the best shower I've had during my 6 week Asian tour. The Grand Millennium sat between a row of amazing middle eastern restaurants and the Pavilion Shopping Centre. To be honest, anything you could want was with a few minute walk and it was also convenient to all modes of transport, including the KL Monorail, a taxi rank immediately in front of the hotel, and affordable valet parking. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family