“Good location and good price”

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #46 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
mt eliza
“Good location and good price”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed here for two nights stopover on our way home from Europe. Our flight landed very early morning (@ 5 am), and we took a taxi to the Grand Millenium; not really expecting we would be able to check-in so early, but they said "no problem", so that was great! We were able to sleep for a few hours before we headed out to the shops and markets. I chose this hotel because of its location and reasonable price, and we were not disappointed with either. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kerikeri, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have previously stayed at this hotel when it was named The Regency back in 2006. I decided to stay again on a transit stop as I favoured the Bukit Bintang location to KLCC, for shopping purposes, especially if raining,

I arrived very early at the hotel after a long flight from Amsterdam. Fortunately i was allowed to check into my room (Executive Club King with access to Club Lounge). The room appeared fine, although maybe a little dated but definately not 5 star. However, it was perfectly fine for a couple of nights stoppover and I was very tired.

Unfortunately, the air conditioning in the room was faulty, even after technicians had been to the room to try and fix the problem. I was offered to move to another room. The duty Manager was extremely polite and understanding and showed me a few other rooms. However, the first two rooms that I was shown, seemed really outdated and to be frank a little on the grubby side and a little dirty.

After further discussion, I accepted a room one floor above my original room. The airconditioning, although very slow to drop temperature and cool the room, was fine. I also saw that my last review in 2006 for this hotel, also mentioned a change of room due to faulty airconditioning, so maybe this is a recurring problem with this hotel?

The club lounge was as I remembered from my last visit. However, complimentary alcoholic drinks were limited to between 5.30 and 8.30. As I was not driniking any alcohol, it didnt bother me, but may bother those who were used to all evening complimentary drinks, as was offered on my last visit when it was called The Regent. Staff were very pleasant indeed, especially a young lady from Namibia called Danielle.

Location is really the best bit about this hotel as it is surrounded with all the shopping outlets that anyone would need, or at least easy access to other shopping areas by taxi.

Based on my room and those that I was shown, I would rate this hotel as a 3.5/4 star establishment. It is definately not a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: I had a corner room and could hear base music from across the road until after much later than even...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank hemikiwi
Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We were upgraded to the Level 18 Executive floor - the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room is a little dated but very spacious and comfortable. The location is unbeatable - directly adjacent to the Pavilion mall and across the road from the new Fahrenheit. The room rates have remained very reasonable, unlike a lot of the other big hotels in Bukit Bintang. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in KL.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gold_fish333
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Stayed for 3 days and completely satisfied with the service and amenities. location is excellent and walking distance from places of food joints, electronic shopping mall & recreation. Good place for pleasure and business alike. Tariff are reasonable.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I was at this hotel for night. As soon as I entered to hotel the lemonish smell caught my attention. They let me to have early check in at 7:00 am which was a bonus after a long and noisy flight from Paris.
The only dark side seemed to be the smoking room they were offering me because of the early chech-in. However, the room was smelling that much considering I have asthma too.
The Mill restaurant was very good if you are a fan of asian & sea food.
Despite what I heard before, hotel jas free Wi-Fi inside the rooms. So instead of using cable to connect to internet, just turn on the Wi-Fi on your device & enjoy free internet.

• Stayed October 2011
Brisbane Queensland
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We spent four nights at this hotel and we were very pleased with our choice of hotel. It is close to everything, and the staff were very welcoming - nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We were upgraded to a Club Executive suite at check-in. The room was spotlessly clean and had great views over the city. We even had a National Geographic" magazine placed on our bedside table on one of the days which was a nice gesture and also a nice surprise. The king bed and pillows were very comfortable - we were given one soft pillow each and one hard pillow each, as well as a spare in the cupboard. A huge TV with dvd player was also provided in the room.

Check-in was seamless and quick - you sit down at a desk with the check-in person. The lobby is beautiful and plenty of chairs around if you require to rest .

There are plenty of western eateries nearby as well as any number of shopping malls.
Breakfast buffet was very good, and had plenty of choices, a well as a number of western choices. The monorail is about 5 minutes walk and one of the the hop-on, hop-off bus stops is right outside the hotel, which is an excellent way to see the city. The complete loop goes for about 2 1/2 hours if you don't get off. There is also a taxi-area next door to the hotel if you require to use a taxi.

The only downside is (unless you are fortunate enough to book an upper-grade room), you will pay through the nose for internet connection in your room, although I understand on some occasions/promotions they may include this in the price of your room. I would have thought with the price of the room internet could have been included. The pool area and gym area area are excellent and well set out.

I can't fault this hotel at all, they really do try and please their guests and are only too pleased to answer any questions you have about touring, sights around the city, shopping areas etc. It was nice not having to open a door or press a button on a lift for the four days. It is billed as a 5 star hotel, and it wouldn't be too far off the mark. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

I can't comment on the car park area, as we did not use it at all.

Room Tip: Can recommend "Club Executive Suite" - you have access to the Club Executive lounge on the...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Car Park Smells Foul, than you will have an obstacle course of steps up and down to carry your luggage into the main foyer. Your likely to be greeted by someone..than ushered into a Q, where once you havce got your room, your next dissapointment will come. THE ROOM. It's dated, dirty covers on the seats and a sofa that looks like a granny has been in it for the last 5 years. There will only be 2 extremly fluffy pillows, and no other choices..NO WIFI, NO WIRED internet, unless you pay RM55.. Thats not 5 star, and when you ask the duty manager and get a response of "it's mgmt policy", no point staying ther.. next all basic necassities in a 5* will have to be paid for, including the toilet roll..Bfast was not that much better.. Just average.

Reallity is this pl;ace is in a perfect location, maybe be priced for a 3 star+, for what it offers in terms of lack of luxery offered to be called a 5* hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mdadabho
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us.
We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectation. In regards to the car park, we have a periodic schedule of cleaning and maintenance ongoing. But for hotel guest that drives we actually provide valet car service. And we do have pillow available on request.

In regards to the Internet access, we provide fiber-optic high-speed broadband access that is of quality, with this comes the bandwith usage as we are one of the few hotels in KL that provides fiber optic Internet line. We have taken your comments and we are now providing WIFI devices in the room upon request.

Please contact me at the hotel so we can re-establish your trust to us and once again our sincere apology.

Melvin Lim