“Looking for th City Centre ?”

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #49 of 353 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 12 April 2013

You got it all..
Myself and my wife stayed in this hotel sometime in 2010, it was an excellent choice, the rooms, services, staff were all excellent (except I had to fight with the gatekeeper one day but who cares as long as we are enjoying our time)
not to forget to mention their breakfast buffet, damn man that was a good one i just loved it..
We couldn't get to try the lunch and dinner or room service because once you step out of the hotel, you are not going back unless you want to drop some shopping bags or to sleep... and that is because the area surrounding the hotel is a CRAZY LIVE CITY CENTRE with plenty of shopping malls, restaurants, and of course plenty of stuff to do..

This hotel goes highly recommended by me, should you be looking for where to stay in the city centre.

Regards.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mohanedmk
Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The location of the hotel is awesome, as it was in the center of shopping haven! it's also very accessible to the monorail station and to really good restaurants and shops. The staff were very friendly and provided us with exceptional customer service, especially the Front Desk and the Concierge. The buffet breakfast selection was awesome! They offered a wide selection of pastries, salads, comfort breakfast to authentic asian cuisine, it was truly enjoyable and very filling. Taxis are also not hard to find and the location is just perfect for sight-seeing and major shopping! :) Enjoyed my stay, when I go back, will definitely book again with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Grand Millenium KL is a hotel that I have stayed in 4 to 5 times. Its hard to beat this one when it comes to LOCATION : specially if you are in KL for work but want to relax, shop and eat well in the evenings. This place is right next door to Pavilion : probably KL's best mall with a vast selection of restaurants. Its also opposite from the Fahreheit mall as well as diagonally opposite from Lot 10 : with its new H&M etc and with its basement full of local street food stalls (the roast duck here is the best).
The hotel itself is a bit dated in parts and it seems like they are overhauling the rooms in phases. Some rooms can get a bit noisy, specially on weekend nights when the bars on the roads below have their music on at full blast.
But the staff are always helpful, the pool area and gym are good and the proximity to the malls, street food areas, monorail station etc are just too good, specially considering that this is a better priced option to the Westin and Marriott opposite the road.
All in all, if you are in any doubt as to where to stay in KL, which is close to all the action : then this is the perfect choice.

Room Tip: Request a recently renovated room, overlooking the main road side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Yes the title says it all...I checked in for a business conference and requested for a quite room (sent email in advance) in particular. I was checked into the 7th floor (smoking ) . I was informed that it was a smoking floor but since I was seeking a quite room I checked in . I had arrived at 10 in the night so stepped out for dinner and tried to catch some sleep for the big day ahead, however being Saturday night the disco was on full blast which would not let me get a wink. I finally called up the hotel management at 2 in the night to inform of my predicament. The lady was apologetic and informed me that something can be done only in the morning. True to her work the duty manager "Laila" called me up and gave me an option of two rooms to choose from . I was finally able to get my "quite room". This helped for the rest of my stay. The location of the hotel is good , everything close by ..couple of malls, taxis are readily available. Petronas tower with its shopping mall is pretty close by, you can approach via AC bridge.Good place for people who travel with families are looking at business pleasure leisure time for the family.

Room Tip: High floors, 14th or 15th floor plus. You can ask for the road facing . I was in 1446 and was fortun...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Visited Grand Millenium for 3 nights shopping after a week in Penang, this would be around my sixth visit to the city but the first time staying at this hotel. We got a great deal by booking online and was looking forward to being so close to the Pavillion Shopping Centre and Bukit Bintang. The first impressions of the hotel is grand with the lovely lobby and the check in was fine. We were impressed with the room apart from a couple of hiccups the first being the air conditioning was leaking from the vent in the ceiling and dripping onto the carpet, this was fixed very quickly so no dramas there. The bed and the pillows were so comfortable, such a change from our hotel in Penang where the beds are hard and the pillows lumpy. The breakfast was also very good with lots of choice, it was very busy there at that time but I think it was the school holidays. The pool area is also very nice for an inner city hotel and the gym was also good, I usualy find the gym's can be hot especialy in Asia with the humidity which makes it uncomfortable to work out but the air conditioning was cool so we enjoyed being there. The biggest draw card this hotel has is the location it is right in the middle of the action with lots of shopping centres within close proximity. I personally love Debenhams just across the road at the Starhill Gallery an ex pat living in Oz means I can get all my great British clothes all at once. There are some great restaurants in The Pavillion Mall especially Tony Romas which is located on the Lower Ground within the Food Court area but there are also lots of other places as well just as good. I will stay there again because of the location and the comfort. Previously we have stayed at the Novotel but I think this hotel is a lot better.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Check-in was a breeze, it took about 5 minutes and no more.

The staff at the lobby will make it a point to greet you.

The room is nice and the flatscreen TV has plenty of channels to entertain you. I love the control panel beside the bed, where you can control the lights, aircon and even indicate Do Not Disturb. It's so convenient. The bathroom is nice and big but it's a pity they do not have a hand spray/bidet. Perhaps they should install them in some bathrooms. The water in the bathroom do not seem to drain as well.

The bed was very very comfy that we fell asleep in the afternoon!

I love the fact that the room is sound-proof. There is a construction going on nearby but it didn't disturb us at all. One thing that really irked us was the fact that wifi is not free. You have to go to the lobby to use the free wifi, but even with that, you have to keep getting the password from the receptionist everyday. The password is a one time password that can only be used by one person. That's troublesome.

Breakfast was so so except for the Nasi Lemak. We ordered Nasi Lemak for room service as well and it was delicious.

The gym was good and the pool looks inviting too.

Now to the best part - the hotel is right smack beside Pavillion, in the middle of Bukit Bintang. Perfect, perfect location.

If you want to go somewhere else, take the cab at the hotel and not those outside the hotel as they may charge you more.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My family stayed at the Grand Millennium KL for the Easter long weekend with 2 other families. We arrived early, but the hotel staff were very helpful in allowing us to check in well before the official time (i.e. 2pm) despite the hotel being full.

The hotel is well located, being adjacent to the Pavillion Mall and within walking distance of most of the major shopping centres and the KLCC. It is also very near to the SMART tunnel, making it relatively easy to reeach if you are driving in from outside KL. The facilities are OK: the pool and the gym are both standard. There is a major construction site next door, though that didn't disturb us. The rooms, which are reasonably sized, are a little tired and could do with an upgrade, whilst the room service was a little tardy. But overall we had a postive experience and would probably stay there again, especially if we are able to secure the same excellent room rate we received for this trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family