2 people are viewing this hotel
US$79
US$79
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$75
Hotels.comUS$79
Trip.comUS$79
PricelineUS$79
8,418 results
All reviews horizon club lemon garden chocolate fountain arthur's bar petronas towers lobby lounge upgraded to a suite fantastic hotel pool area is breakfast buffet five star hotel club room an upgrade monorail station late check bukit bintang lafitte
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My wife and I travel a lot and have spent nights in all ranging styles and types of accommodation. This Hotel is literally an experience in itself that you simply need to enjoy. I don't see how anyone could say a word wrong about it. All staff are so attentive to you as a person and your personal comfort while a guest there, you are the priority for sure! It is nice to see happy staff working in such a large hotel. The Hotel is in amazing quality and has a significant wow factor not only as you walk into reception, but al the rooms, lifts, passageways all continue to wow you. Every inch of detail has been thought of. My wife loved the seperated makeup desk (outside of the bathroom) with a makeup chair, makeup mirror, and hair dryer conveniently located. Housekeeping =Amazing. I on the other hand loved the pool, the welcome you get on arriving to the pool, and the cold water and apples the pool boy brings over for your enjoyment. The gym is simply amazing and better than most gyms you may pay a membership for, it is very large and has a huge range of machines and free weights, including a large yoga/stretching room... plus spa baths and saunas !!

Something for everyone is the food! Global travellers can enjoy the foods they love the most. Interestingly they also provide a box so if you are eating in a hurry or have some one upstairs that is having a sleep in you can pack a breakfast into these boxes for take away, I have never seen this at a breakfast buffet before, but a great idea. Kids will also love the chocolate fountains that you can dip your marshmallow sticks into. We also had a pizza for room service one night which was very good and a good price.

The taxi to the Shang from the airport cost us 103 ringet, and 145 ringer back to the airport.

Unless you are seriously on a backpacker budget, DO NOT spend any more time researching KL hotels on Trip Advisor, this is the one you want. You will have no regrets!

Room tip: Enjoy spoiling yourself at the breakfast buffet, pool deck, gym, and cocktail band at night.
Date of stay: October 2012
8  Thank taqueeney
Reviewed 1 November 2012

What an amazing experience. The hotel itself, is situated right in the heart of KL. Within walking distance to the Twin Towers, restaurants, Medical Centre. The staff were friendly, and attentive, always willing to help. The rooms, were clean, and of the highest standards. The breakfast provided a wide variety if meals, embracing Malaysia`s different cultures. My girls were so impressed with Room Service. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and will definitely visit again. Thank You for making our stay a memorable one, thus ensuring that we loved your country...

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Meloshnee M
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I had stayed here for 3 nights 2012 AUG as my short vacation.
1) Room condition was great. Clean and Shiny. But there was nothing to say about view. (Even though it was facing to Twin tower, but it's too far and many barriers). And it was little noisy due to traffic.
2) Swimming pool, it was disappointing. Good facility but too noisy (because a road with high traffic is very near). It was little hard to take a nap or calm resting time.
3) Food was great. Even though breakfast buffet restaurant itself was not great (I feel it's similar with university cafeteria), food was good.
4) Service from staff was good.
5) Location is not good to me, because it’s not easy for walking to somewhere, and taking taxi (traffic jam near the hotel). Public transportation is not efficient and comfortable for using. (I really do not recommend if you have young kids)
I will stay here again if it’s business trip, not for vacation.

Room tip: Room condition is good, but can be little noisy and not with good view
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank luckyrabit
Reviewed 31 October 2012

When we arrived at this hotel, we had high expectations having come from shangri la Singapore.
We where met at the door by the hotel receptionist, which was a nice touch, However Things went down hill fast from here on.
The room upgrade to the horizon club which was requested from shangri la Singapore on our behalf had been let to someone else and as a consequence the only room available was a suite which cost me an additional £100 per night plus taxes and service chargewhich is not what i Booked
When we did go into the horizon club for afternoon tea, the waiting staff where not attentive as per Singapore and even managed to get my order wrong...Twice!
I asked for a class of champagne only to be told it was not available and I would be billed extra if I really wanted it. (it was complementary in Singapore)
The room which I paid extra for was of a poor standard for the cost and was dirty and dusty ( this must be a shangri -la thing..dusty rooms!)

At this point I complained to the duty manageress, whom was very good and set about correcting every thing, which she did.

My only other issue was that I was billed for a limo transfer to the airport, which I never asked for or used and took my agent 5 weeks to recover.

all in all if you must stay at the shangri-la; stay in Singapore, this place is a shambles!

Room tip: Stay in Singapore!
Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank S1OLB
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Had two nights in this hotel and had a great time. Usual Shangri La hospitality - but not as stuffy as some I have stayed in, at least they ley you press the lift button of you want to. The staff in all areas were extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. In particular can I mention the staff in Arthurs bar who couldn't have done any more for us. Great location, great service and to be honest the room rates were reasonable. Not a big fan of the breakfast so I wouldn't be bothered about booking room only if it was a better deal - do you really want a chocolate fountain and marshmallows at 9am! Have stayed in Traders too which was very good - but for hospitality and facilities we would choose Shangri La

Date of stay: October 2012