“Amazing honeymoon stay”

Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #5 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Shangri-La for the first three nights of our honeymoon in October 2012. Our room was upgraded so we would have a brilliant view of KL's skyline, including the Petronas Towers. We received flowers on arrival, baskets of fruit and chocolates, and even a free breakfast when we got there as the room wasn't immediately when we arrived. We felt very special!

The hotel has some great restaurants but it's fantastic location means that getting out for dinner is really easy too. If you like shopping, then you'll like the Suria mall which is only a five minute walk away - as are the Petronas and KL Towers.

We couldn't fault this hotel. The staff are ultra helpful, the breakfast is ridiculously good - so good we didn't even bother with lunch, and the pool provides a nice break from the city when you need it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seb28London

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Was treated to a lovely 'staycation' for a night recently as we were attending a Gala Event in the hotel on a Saturday night.

On check in I confirmed a non-smoking room but when I got to the room it really smelled badly of smoke. This was quickly recitified and we got a lovely Club Room (no Club Access unfortunately) with a lovely view of the nearby Twin Towers

The weather was not typical for KL as it was a wet afternoon so I abandoned my plans for a poolside lunch and retreated to the Japanese Restaurant with my book for a delicious Japanese Brunch Buffet. Great selection and service was lovely.

I used the in house beauty salon - wouldn't rate the experience highly but the final results were pretty good.

Breakfast the following morning was pretty typical Shangri-La - great selection (fab curry laksa), freshly prepared and though it was busy no long waits except at the egg stations which is normal as they are popular.

After checking out I realised I forgot my phone charger and called the hotel. Housekeeping confirmed they had it. I came back 2 days later to collect. Housekeeping told Concierge they didn't have it. After 20 mins waiting for them to check again he apologised and went and looked himself and returned with it after a few short mins. I found staff to be very helpful and friendly in general in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Having stayed a week at the Shangri-La in Singapore I had high expectations of this hotel and I was not disappointed. Its a stunning hotel and that strikes you as soon as you enter the lobby.

I had a Horizon Premier room which was smaller than the same type of room at the Shangri-La Singapore but that was the only noticeable difference. The room was as you would expect for a luxury hotel, very clean and well appointed. A very comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, great views and everything a business or leisure traveler would need. Considering the rate its really fantastic value for a hotel of this caliber.

The pool is smaller than in Singapore too but its not too small and the Horizon Club lounge is really impressive.

The one thing that remains a constant with every Shangri-La hotel I have stayed at is the service is outstanding and this hotel is no exception. The staff everywhere were so welcoming, helpful and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. I've said it before but the reality is its the staff that really make a great hotel and I couldn't speak highly enough about the staff at this hotel.

The location is good as its a comfortable walk to KLCC and close to public transport as well as shopping.

Its no accident that this hotel is ranked number 1 in KL and its easy to see why. If you want an experience you will treasure and value service of the highest quality then this is the hotel to stay at in KL. Great service, good location, value for money and exceptional rooms, there's no need to consider other options in my opinion.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Consult_Voyager
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We had an amazing 3 night honeymoon stay at the Shangri-La. We booked Premier room on executive floor and were upgraded and received flowers on arrival. The service was excellent, we loved the room and the hotel. The Executive floor was perfect, amazing breakfast, tea-time and cocktail hour. We really enjoyed everything. We even had Nespresso in the room. It was perfect honeymoon. Definitely would return!!!

Room Tip: Choose the executive floor, on Shangri-la web we got a great deal 3 nights for price of 2.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LucikDublin
Reviewed 4 November 2012

i stayed 4 nights in this hotel, i booked a superior room which was amazing, the service is exellent, the staff are very helpful, breakfast was greattt, my room was very nice and elegant, the room size is good and location is very good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smaani
Reviewed 4 November 2012

A very comfortable stay in a top quality hotel, for a price that was very affordable from a western perspective. They looked after us really well, upgraded our room, and one morning I left my camera in the restaurant and they found it and successfully returned it to me. Highly recommended for a treat stay in SE Asia.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank londonjamie186338
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed here at the end of October.The hotel is beautiful and my room came with some stunning views of the Petronas Towers as well as being very comfortable, tidy and spacious. Staff are very attentive and helpful and made the stay even better.

I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Kuala Lumpur and it comes very highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo