“Favourite Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
London, United Kingdom
“Favourite Hotel”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have been coming to this hotel now for about 20 years. There was a period when it went downhill and I sampled other hotels, but it is back up to its best again and has been for a few years now and I have returned as a customer. From the moment you step out of your car to the moment you leave, you are made to feel special. I stayed in a Horizon Club room this time and that is well worth the extra cost.
The Shan Palace is my wife's favourite Chinese restaurant in the world though, I must admit we were not so impressed with the Lafitte restaurant. The Lemon Garden restaurant, however, offers one of the best breakfasts you will get anywhere.
The hotel is perfectly placed for sightseeing and shopping.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Bobfalconer
RoseWee, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your returned patronage and thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are so happy to note that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us at the Horizon Club. It is indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and your wife and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,423)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 March 2014

A resort-like holiday in the heart of the city...amazing pool with strong wifi even in the pool area ...relaxing massage by the pool.... great variety of super delightful-cuisine. The friendly service of multi-racial staff ...truly amazing!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Kheman1
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have travelled to KL 8 times in the last 18 months. I get the Hotel Limo to pick me up from KLIA. $100 aussie, comfort, cool refresher towel, mints, bottles of water, local paper and in car wifi, what else could you ask for?? I generally get a Horizon Club Suite which is gorgeous, and compared to an Australian hotel cheap as chips.
There a 3 top class restaurants, plus a buffet restaurant, and my favourite place, Arthurs bar & Grill. The staff in here are awesome, I particularly look forward to seeing the looks on their faces when I walk back in on another visit, I can't believe they remember what I like to drink! But not just the Arthurs staff, all of the staff in the hotel are very friendly and extremely courteous, no matter what their position.
I use the Health club nearly every day I am there, the equipment is always well maintained and the place is spotless. If you feel like a relaxing massage, ask for Shirley.
Although I stay in Horizon Club I always have breakfast in the Lemon Grass Cafe, top quality & the best variety I have had anywhere around the world.
The Shang is also close to a number of good KL nightspots and a casual 10min walk to KLCC or 5mins in a cab to Pavillion.
I will be back again later this year.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker be sure to ask for a non-smoking floor. The rooms on the smoking floors do n...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ShaunW1968
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us each time when you visit Kuala Lumpur. Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel, especially regarding the staff at our restaurants. I will certainly pass your compliments to Shirley at the Health Club and all our staff at the hotel. It was indeed a pleasure to have been of service to you and we certainly look forward to your return to our hotel later this year. Thank you.
Estepona, Spain
Reviewed 20 March 2014

In February we made the long voyage to Australia with a two night stop in KL. On our arrival at the hotel we were l greeted by very staff and a massive horse made out of flowers to celebrate the year of the horse. At check in the staff were very friendly and efficient, the room was very spaces with flowers, fruit complementary water. The two king size beds were very comfortable and the view from the tenth floor was fantastic but the piece de resistance was the Buffett Breakfast, it was the biggest layout we have ever seen and a wonderful variety catering for every taste possible as I left the Restaurant I was planning my next Breakfast. The pool area is great with towels, fruit and drinking water provided free

Room Tip: Try to get a room above the tenth floor for the outstanding views of the city.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karl91
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and took on the Horizon Club deal. Ive stayed at other various 5 star hotels and would say this best out of all them. The customer service is excellent so was the room and the layout of the hotel. I enjoyed there nice massive hotel gym which is quite big for a hotel! During our stay we went to Arthur's Bar & Grill which is on the level 1 of the hotel which was quite nice. Overall the our stay was spectacular and i would recommend anyone to stay here!

Room Tip: Horizon Club package is a must!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Micheal T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Excellent hotel, as with all the Shangri-las we’ve stayed in. Really pleased we went for the Horizon Lounge option; comfortable, excellent happy hour with drinks and delicious canapés.
Rooms clean, well appointed, comfortable and quiet; staff charming and attentive. Pool a bit small if the hotel is full. Good location for getting to central parts of KL.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marcus B
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Kuala Lumpur. We are happy to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment regarding the pool has been duly noted. It was a pleasure being of service you and we look forward to your return soon.
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Shangri-La is worthy of its number one ranking, a great property. I fully agree with other comments, the location in KLCC, walking distance to Suria (Petronas) and Pavillion shopping centres is ideal. Make sure you upgrade to the Horizon Club it is well worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple